Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

You're right, doesn't sound logical. If you have a save just before you secure promotion & a list of the players you attempted to loan the following season can you take the time to raise this issue in the bugs forum?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're right, doesn't sound logical. If you have a save just before you secure promotion & a list of the players you attempted to loan the following season can you take the time to raise this issue in the bugs forum?

Cheers Barside, do you mean the save files named like V2 etc? I only have one save of that particular game.

The right point might be in one of those rolling save files, just a case loading them up to find the one that closest to before you secured promotion.

The reason for it needed to be there is that club rep & player interest in joining should be getting recalculated when you secure promotion, in the past it used to be season update day which made the situation you've encountered even worse.

Is this a known issue? It happens to me in literally every game but I'm playing in the lower levels. If it's a known thing I won't bother taking time with videos and uploads and such.

- a ball over the top is played by the other team. An opposing player and a defender chase after it.

- as they're approaching the ball, the defender pretty much completely stops running, gifting the opposition player a CCC or tons of space for a cross, and we all know how that usually ends.

That will probably be the graphics trying to show the defender getting outbodied by the attacker.

That will probably be the graphics trying to show the defender getting outbodied by the attacker.

But the defender ends up coming to a complete stop and being behind the attacker by like 10 yards. It just looks really awful. Whether the underlying ME is behaving as intended or not.

There's no disagreement that it looks bad & SI are aware of this particular shortcoming in the available animations but at least you now understand what is most likely happening.

But the defender ends up coming to a complete stop and being behind the attacker by like 10 yards. It just looks really awful. Whether the underlying ME is behaving as intended or not.

I agree, defensive positioning and reaction is appalling at times. But you can't always tell exactly what is happening from the 3D.

Guys i just had a very weird goal that i think it is a bug. Ramantanis here is offside in two cases, not only is he nudging my GK and staying in his view of the shot, he scores the rebound from a clear offside position when the shot was taken.

I know the game has coded linesman errors but this one is just too much. What do you guys think?

Offence

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:

• interfering with play or
  • interfering with an opponent or
  • gaining an advantage by being in that position

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside.aspx#zYkBDe8tAddLtMUK.99

[video=youtube;7iaiAv2KYiM]

Should have been called offside however it could be a bad call from the officials or a bug in the code that calculates when the officials will make a mistake, it's not like there haven't been worse calls from officials irl.

Only people who will be able to tell are SI if they have a copy of the match file.

Should have been called offside however it could be a bad call from the officials or a bug in the code that calculates when the officials will make a mistake, it's not like there haven't been worse calls from officials irl.

Only people who will be able to tell are SI if they have a copy of the match file.

Nobody complained of offside so its probably a bug.

I'm not sure how the FIFA rule works in this case, but probably we have to split this action in two different actions. The first one starts and ends when the ball is kicked and saved. Ramantanis is not considered offside because he does not cut the view of the goalie.

The save of the goalie makes him "playable" again, it's like a new action started again, so he scores. But as I said before I'm not sure how the rule works in this case.

Just started playing this properly and it's great BUT - a few months in and nearly every game seems to have all or the vast majority of goals in the first half. Has this been noticed already? I bet it probably has.

Like in a weekend of ten Premier League games there's about 25 goals, and about 20 of them are in the first half. I don't think this is the case in real life - the opposite if anything.

Great game though.

Do you have a save before the final match?

As for fixture congestion, unfortunately that is a very real downside of competing in the Europa League & may well have been high in the thought process when Spurs decided to pretty much give up on the competition.

Hi Barside. Yes I have a save on the day of the final match (sounds like I saved it myself to rage quit, but I promise I didn't :D). I'll upload it to the FTP when I've figured out how to do it.

Edit: Uploaded, file name LFC-martplfc1.fm

It's easy enough & if you're on a Windows machine there's no need to install any third party software.

Open an explorer window & type ftp.sigames.com in the file path bar, from there windows will prompt you to enter the username & password. Once done you can simply drag & drop files from the Sports Interactive folder to the appropriate ftp folder.

As this is an ME issue upload the save file & match pkm save file the start a thread in the ME bugs section.

The fixture congestion would be harder to pin down as you'll need save points for each time progressing in a cup competition forces league fixtures to be moved & then see if there was an immediately obvious alternative date that would have been better.

I am trying to give this game another go. I do find that there are a lot of over the top balls for players to run on to which is getting a bit repetitive. The match engine plays much better though in compared to FM15 (which for some unknown reason was a bit stuttery on my laptop)

Now we can't evaluate how many people are experiencing the same issues (out of 27 people who voted 66.66 have experienced the issues) that indicates that it's not a small spread of players experiencing it. Maybe a small spread of users feel it's game breaking, and game breaking is a matter of personal preference which isn't an accurate value for research purposes, (I'm a researcher for a living) research should always be based on facts and personal opinion should never be used as an overall method of gauging anything. However, the majority are experiencing the problem.

I don't really think any issue is truly game breaking, all of them together though make it unenjoyable. First FM ever where I've ever had so many issues left in the final game, and this is why I won't gamble on paying for a game that I worry won't please me next year again.

A lot of people who don't post on the forms are possibly casual gamers or just don't care about the net...I know a lot of my friends who still play it aren't as hardcore into the game as I still am. They play it but don't really pay attention to anything unless its a crash.

Unfortunately for me, the game is unplayable and it seems to be one of the best games in a long time which is even more frustrating for me.

None of the issues make it unplayable by themselves, but all added up. It's not a realistic game for me.

Issues I can't look past:

Crosses, I've adjusted my tactics as best I can, but it's still happening at times for both myself & AI....And then the AI games are crossfests...This I can ignore.

FBs ratings/assists, this is probably hand in hand with the crossing issues. In the PREM league. 4 out of top 10 are full backs, I holidayed for 10 years and a FB has one one of the end of year awards in every situation. As I don't have time to watch matches I usually just stick to key highlights and try my best to follow the commentary but I depend on the ratings for seeing if my players are having a bad day. In one game, Darmian cost my team 3 goals but assisted 1 (dodgy crossing) but still managed a 7.4 rating. I analysed this and the amount of times he was caught out of position, gave away the ball or missed a tackle / interception was incredible. I'd have subbed him out if the rating showed he was struggling as I was narrowly holding a lead....but as his rating looked good I kept him on and in the last 20 minutes he fell apart and cost us 2 goals which cost us the game. Having a broken rating system is a huge issue....but not surprising considering we have a flawed match engine also.

AI lack of Squad Rotation: So many players are playing the full 38 games a season in the league which is not common in this day and age even for smaller clubs (GKS aisde). One or two players at every club might make the full 38 games but most teams are having either half or over half play the full 38 games....This then leads to incredible stats for goals. Jamie Vardy played 38 times and scored 42 goals in the Premier League, Romelu Lukaku played 38 and scored 36, Vardy is having a wonderful season IRL, I looked into the game and he managed to score a few hat tricks /braces but he also went a lot of games without goals. If he didn't play every game his goal tally would have been more realistic and probably more closer to the 30 goal mark. Pretty much the same with Lukaku.

For me, the 1st one is an annoying pain which I shouldn't have to compromise my ideal playing style to address, but it's no big deal. The second two kill realism, having so many players playing full games which affect their goal tallys/development of other squad players as well then impacts on long term games.

For me, it's a sad day that I can't play my favourite game, but I've noticed a growing trend that every year the game has more and more issues which are not being addressed in final patches. I'm done with FM17 though, the whole we'll fix it for 2017 is a joke. I paid for FM16, telling me FM17 will be brilliant is a disgrace. Are you going to give me 17 free based on the fact I can't play 18... Even at that...FM17 is likely to have it's own newn problems that won't be fixed until FM18...

I understand they are complex problems. But perhaps they should have been more focused on improving what they have rather than adding a pointless feature like manager appearance. I long miss the days where all we had was text commentary."

Good balanced post. So why don't you revert to FMM instead then?

are the ME game issues the same for FMM Asian FM / FMT? I avoided buying this years version, and reading this thread to determine which version to buy (if any)

FM-Touch uses the same ME as FM16 & FM-Handheld has its own ME, can't comment on whether FM-Online uses another ME or the ME used on FM16.

FM-Touch uses the same ME as FM16 & FM-Handheld has its own ME, can't comment on whether FM-Online uses another ME or the ME used on FM16.

Thanks for the clarification Barside. I suppose I'll have to read every single post in FMM section to determine which version to buy.

Out of curiosity, how many have switched between the two versions, after the latest update?

If I buy the game now, it will automatically have the latest updates built in?

(iPad Air II)

I have no idea, not the sort of data that SI/Sega divulge however based on publicly available steam data the number of people actively playing FM16 & who are running steam in online mode is pretty much the same as it has always been.

I've decided to buy FMT £14.99 and will take a non league team to European Glory... As always is the norm!

At least I'm aware of some of the remaining issues, so can't be disappointed! People said the same about FMH14 and I enjoyed that immensely until it got too easy year after year with no differing factors, and having won everything with two separate non leagu sides. I'll post up any feedback as I go with bugs...

Maybe he's refusing to wait that long because the other club might not be interested at that point. He might not be able to leave before the end of the season, but you can still negotiate a transfer at any time. Personally, had I been in that position and wouldn't be averse to the player leaving, I'd have agreed to sell if an acceptable bid came in. Player would have been happy, he'd be there till the end of the season anyway, and the other club might not have made an actual bid anyway. Win all round. What you've done is annoy him un-necessarily IMO.

He's unnecessarily annoyed me by asking for a transfer in the middle of a semifinal. Fortunately there's a dialogue option that adequately addresses the absurdity of that oh wait there isn't

He's unnecessarily annoyed me by asking for a transfer in the middle of a semifinal. Fortunately there's a dialogue option that adequately addresses the absurdity of that oh wait there isn't

He's not just asked for a transfer though, has he? He's heard a bigger team are interested and doesn't want to waste the opportunity, which is why he's approached you. I mean, it's not like he can leave until the summer anyway. You would have had nothing to lose by saying you'd sell to them. Instead you've aggravated the situation where there was no need. I don't think there's a bug in the way the conversation played out there. However, the issue of whether another team would have approached a player at that point in the season when they could have waited a week or so, THAT is what I'd be investigating as a possible error.

However, the issue of whether another team would have approached a player at that point in the season when they could have waited a week or so, THAT is what I'd be investigating as a possible error.

Sounds to me like they timed their approach perfectly.

I'm wondering if the player (game) incorrectly thinks the season is already over & that it believes they're being asked to wait until the end of the following season, that type of error during play-offs has been seen identified in other bugs so I wouldn't rule it out here.

In this situation & assuming there isn't a timing bug an option that acknowledges the current situation would be a logical addition, it might not change the player's mind but then again it might if they are professional & loyal, something along the lines of, "We still have the play-offs to negotiate, once they are over I promise to consider your request." if the player accepts a promise is set to a day or so after the play-off final that brings the player back to your office to discuss the interest, elimination before the final would also trigger the followup player interaction.

This is exactly the approach I'd take irl, look to avoid any promises but to do so without upsetting the player & having them believe I'm willing to discuss their concerns once an important match is out of the way.

Suns, do you know the players hidden mental attributes? If not what's his personality description & can you post his report card?

Hey guys,

I've just recently come back to FM after some years - Been playing for about two weeks solid and there are a few things that are very consistent during game plays.

- I seem to hit the bar at least 4 or 5 times during a match

- Goalkeeper gets MOM 5 out of 10 games.

Are these known bugs? I tend to have a high shot ratio during a game.

I'm wondering if the player (game) incorrectly thinks the season is already over & that it believes they're being asked to wait until the end of the following season, that type of error during play-offs has been seen identified in other bugs so I wouldn't rule it out here.

In this situation & assuming there isn't a timing bug an option that acknowledges the current situation would be a logical addition, it might not change the player's mind but then again it might if they are professional & loyal, something along the lines of, "We still have the play-offs to negotiate, once they are over I promise to consider your request." if the player accepts a promise is set to a day or so after the play-off final that brings the player back to your office to discuss the interest, elimination before the final would also trigger the followup player interaction.

This is exactly the approach I'd take irl, look to avoid any promises but to do so without upsetting the player & having them believe I'm willing to discuss their concerns once an important match is out of the way.

Suns, do you know the players hidden mental attributes? If not what's his personality description & can you post his report card?

Uno momento!

12 Ambition, 10 Loyalty, 8 Professionalism, 20 Temperament, 10 Controversy. Not ideal, though on the other hand the team that approached finished below me in Serie B, out of the playoffs. I know in older games I've had issues where players haven't recognized events that happen after the domestic season - even things as big as the Champions League final.

Further: I put a bid in for a player, which was accepted. I then negotiated with the player, whose agent wanted literally ten times the max agent bonus I could give. The agent ended negotiations after my counter-offer, and the player immediately sacked him. I submitted an identical bid to the team, who rejected it. Is that worth reporting? The only save I have is from probably 5 days before the initial bid. Is that good enough?

It's worth a report, try your best to detail the negotiations & SI will have a better chance of replicating the events that followed, also worth checking the club's other outgoing transfers as they could have sold other players & no longer need or want to sell the player you're interested in.

The high temperament rating should help keep conversation calm but the others being middle of the road would mean that he could (should) have an equal chance of agreeing with you as he has disagreeing, shame you do not have a save point before the conversation.

Sorry to keep coming back to this but I have played a first season again (first one on last patch) and again at the end of the season in the EPL there have been a mere 8 goals scored by direct free kicks. Ironically I scored one in the last match of the season but until then the ball generally lands in the crowd!! Chelsea 2, Bournemouth, Palace, Man City, Norwich, Southampton and West Ham all just the one. Every save I have played in FM16 since the second patch has been the same with under 10 direct free kicks scored each season.

Corners and indirect free kicks are higher and probably an acceptable amount of goals for a season are scored, although generally corners aren't scored straight from the corner, but 8 goals in a whole season is incredibly low for direct free kicks.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Other oddities :

Still cannot offload Doneil Henry on loan or transfer, despite mentioning this from the first patch. Surely some Club would take a Canadian International for nothing?!

Emmanuel Emenike scores 14 goals in 29 games for me on loan and when I try and buy him he doesn't receive a work permit because he "isn't high enough quality" Huh?!

Carl Jenkinson refuses to join after a successful loan stint because of "The rivalry that exists with his favoured Arsenal". Again, Huh?!

Would there be an amount of times the woodwork is struck in a game that would indicate an issue worth looking at in the ME? I've just had a game with where both sides struck the woodwork 4 times each, 8 in a game seems a little excessive, the game also brought about 11 CCC for both sides combined. Don't get me wrong the game was fun to watch but seemed a little off in terms of CCC and shots hitting the woodwork.

First consideration is how many attempts at goal are you having & is that the actually real problem? From there you need to consider your tactical approach as you could be exploiting a known flaw in the ME.

They will if you scout the player long enough to get close to 100% knowledge, as irl release clauses tend to be a closely guarded secret.

First consideration is how many attempts at goal are you having & is that the actually real problem? From there you need to consider your tactical approach as you could be exploiting a known flaw in the ME.

Well I had 10 shots managing 6 CCC and 4x hitting the woodwork, the team I faced had 20 shots, 5 CCC and 4x hitting the woodwork. I won the game and thi save is proving succesful, it's just I thought this may be a rare occurance that may not come up in testing so thought it may be worth bringing up as it seemed a peculiar game from a ME perspective.

They will if you scout the player long enough to get close to 100% knowledge, as irl release clauses tend to be a closely guarded secret.

Do you ever sleep Barside, it seems that whatever time of day anyone posts, you are there with a reply. Unless of course you are not a real person, but a robot programmed by Neil and Miles to fend off any tricky questions LOL.

If it's one match write it off as a unique convergence of circumstance, if it keeps happen it'd be worth further consideration.

Do you ever sleep Barside, it seems that whatever time of day anyone posts, you are there with a reply. Unless of course you are not a real person, but a robot programmed by Neil and Miles to fend off any tricky questions LOL.
haha I'm a test of the new FM AI & I'm better than TayTweets

All seriousness I've just finished a fixed term contract & holding off starting for a new one as I'm having a knee op next week, this means I have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment & the lack of energy expenditure has had an impact on how much sleep I need

I've been conceding a lot of goals at the far post lately, and it seems my fullbacks aren't properly being docked for it. That might also be part of the fullback rating issues.

My most recent game is illustrative here: I conceded three goals from crosses to the far post in the second half. In all three, the fullback - a WBa - was tucked EXTREMELY narrow, standing within touching distance of the same-sided central defender, leaving the opposition's wide midfielder totally unmarked. At half time, the fullback had an assist and a 7.4 rating. At full time, his rating was 8.1, despite his man scoring a hat-trick and the opposition totally bossing possession. Meanwhile, the central defender on his side had dropped from 7.0 to 6.1, despite not being involved; he had no opportunity to cut out the crosses and was marking the opposing center forward. It feels as though defensive lapses by the fullbacks are being improperly charged to the centerbacks.

Other rating issues: my goalkeeper coming out of the area to make a header and heading it directly to the opposing striker in front of an open goal is not counted as a mistake, just as an intercepted pass. This means his rating isn't affected at all, even though the goal is entirely his fault.

I'm getting press conference questions about how great it is to have survived on the last day and avoided relegation. The board sets my budget based on staying in Serie A.

Except Cagliari don't play until Monday, and they're only a point below me in the table in 18th. So if they win or draw, I'm back in Serie B.

haha I'm a test of the new FM AI & I'm better than TayTweets

All seriousness I've just finished a fixed term contract & holding off starting for a new one as I'm having a knee op next week, this means I have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment & the lack of energy expenditure has had an impact on how much sleep I need

Same, I find myself being at home pretty much 90% of my time currently.. and unfortunately for some, it means I usually have a tab open for the forums while working .

Hardly as closely guarded as how much a manager willing to accept for the player in the open market, though.

The range for likely transfer fee should narrow as your scout gains more knowledge, I never pay attention to the estimated costs until I'm ready to make an offer on a player so I can't be certain if that's how it's still operating in FM.

If it's not then it's worth raising as a bug.

I'm getting press conference questions about how great it is to have survived on the last day and avoided relegation. The board sets my budget based on staying in Serie A.

Except Cagliari don't play until Monday, and they're only a point below me in the table in 18th. So if they win or draw, I'm back in Serie B.

The last day should always have all matches at the same time (to avoid match fixing etc.). It definitely is the case in my Serie A save. I've never seen a match being played on monday either...? (in real life they do play on monday every once in a while, but not in the game).

Not sure why this is not the case for you (and this would also explain the bug you mentioned, the game isn't meant to have those situations in Serie A).

Archived