Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

I agree with what you say, but the Mods have to realise that such is the passion for this game that sometimes peoples frustration boils over

Sorry, but passion is never an excuse. You think everyone else isn't passionate (users who are constructive, SI staff who work crazy hours, moderators and researchers who offer vast amounts of their time for free) about the game too?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spanish clubs set unrealistic minimum fee release clause for even worse players..

Unrealistically high or low? Do you have any examples that you can give?

There should be logic behind the values with players at lower rep clubs not agreeing to high release clauses & in particular promising players not looking to price themselves out of a move however that should go hand in hand with those players being less willing to move the moment a slightly larger club meets the release clause.

Thing is the game has been out for 4 months now. That's a third of its life assuming the average player buys the new version every year. Despite being patched numerous times the problems with defending and crossing that were highlighted on day one are still present. Unfortunately I get the feeling that we're just going be stuck with these issues as the devs attention will inevitably switch to next seasons edition. I'm sure they are trying hard but I'm not sure how many bug reports, videos and save games need uploading when the problems are evident to anyone who plays the game for a couple of hours.

All power to you if you are enjoying this years offering and can see past these issues, but personally as it stands after 6 months I can't help but feel a little short changed.

Thing is the game has been out for 4 months now. That's a third of its life assuming the average player buys the new version every year. Despite being patched numerous times the problems with defending and crossing that were highlighted on day one are still present. Unfortunately I get the feeling that we're just going be stuck with these issues as the devs attention will inevitably switch to next seasons edition. I'm sure they are trying hard but I'm not sure how many bug reports, videos and save games need uploading when the problems are evident to anyone who plays the game for a couple of hours.

All power to you if you are enjoying this years offering and can see past these issues, but personally as it stands after 6 months I can't help but feel a little short changed.

I agree. Hence why I skipped FM16. But part of that is because of my lifestyle the past 12 months. Cant wait for FM17 and beyond

I find in annoying that if I go into another game while FM is running, FM automatically switches to 2D and I can't turn on 3D without restarting FM. FM 12 didn't do this but FM 16 does...

That does sound strange & is worth a new thread in the technical issues section of the bugs forum.

SI have already said that these issues cannot be fixed for this release. IMO these issues are very complicated, there has been problems with the ME since the re write for FM13 and it may be later than FM17 before the problems are solved

I agree. Hence why I skipped FM16. But part of that is because of my lifestyle the past 12 months. Cant wait for FM17 and beyond

I too won,t be buying FM16 and will wait to see FM17 before I decide. I beleive we may have to wait beyond FM17 before these issues are solved

I too won,t be buying FM16 and will wait to see FM17 before I decide. I beleive we may have to wait beyond FM17 before these issues are solved

There will always be issues due to the complicated nature of the ME.

It will never be perfect, not now, not next year, not 2020, not 2050.

I can understand people missing a couple of versions but if you are waiting for the ME to be "right" then you'll constantly be disappointed.

I can understand people missing a couple of versions but if you are waiting for the ME to be "right" then you'll constantly be disappointed.

I didn't say perfect, I know that is not possible but for a lot of people the defending issues are a game spoiler. I am very happy playing FM12 (and no I dont exploit the ME) and will go on playing it until this ME has improved. Yes I would love to use some of the new features especially prozone but not at the expense of a ME that doesn't look real

I didn't say perfect, I know that is not possible but for a lot of people the defending issues are a game spoiler. I am very happy playing FM12 (and no I dont exploit the ME) and will go on playing it until this ME has improved. Yes I would love to use some of the new features especially prozone but not at the expense of a ME that doesn't look real

What's real about players ghosting through each other on FM12? I can appreciate people finding FM12 more enjoyable, but to compare it in realism stakes to FM16 doesn't work.

That I guess is down to perception.

For me even FM15 is light years ahead of FM12 and since the latest patch I think FM16 is even better. Every version of the ME has "quirks" of some sorts but you accept them and get on with enjoying the game.

I rarely come across the issues some users raise on the forums and am always happy to provide stats from my save to back up my experience.

I'm happy to challenge anyone to watch my games from an uploaded save and then tell me I have a crossing issue. Far post tap ins seem a sore point with many but I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number I've seen for or against my team last season.

Often very minor issues in FM are made worse by user choices while perception from watching minimal highlights give users the wrong impression. Finally you have users who simply have an unrealistic expectation of what to expect whether that be injuries, shot conversion rates or something else. This isn't limited to FM either, I used to play a lot of Fifa online and a high % of users have little or no clue how to attack or defend.

That I guess is down to perception.

For me even FM15 is light years ahead of FM12 and since the latest patch I think FM16 is even better. Every version of the ME has "quirks" of some sorts but you accept them and get on with enjoying the game.

I rarely come across the issues some users raise on the forums and am always happy to provide stats from my save to back up my experience.

I'm happy to challenge anyone to watch my games from an uploaded save and then tell me I have a crossing issue. Far post tap ins seem a sore point with many but I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number I've seen for or against my team last season.

Often very minor issues in FM are made worse by user choices while perception from watching minimal highlights give users the wrong impression. Finally you have users who simply have an unrealistic expectation of what to expect whether that be injuries, shot conversion rates or something else. This isn't limited to FM either, I used to play a lot of Fifa online and a high % of users have little or no clue how to attack or defend.

for me it is defending more than a crossing issue defenders not winning many ariel battles, not closing down quickly enough, not getting enough blocks in, not picking up the runners, generally swithching off in the box and keepers rooted to their line

What's real about players ghosting through each other on FM12? I can appreciate people finding FM12 more enjoyable, but to compare it in realism stakes to FM16 doesn't work.

I agree that ghosting is a problem in FM12, but in general the way players behave especially defenders is more realistic than in the current ME and to me the whole ME seems more balanced

This isn't a thread about FM12, if people prefer that version there is no need to comment on the failings of that match engine.

for me it is defending more than a crossing issue defenders not winning many ariel battles, not closing down quickly enough, not getting enough blocks in, not picking up the runners, generally swithching off in the box and keepers rooted to their line

Can't really disagree with any of that.

I would say you could break it down into a few categories:

A) Graphics - Many times I don't feel like a lot of users really understand the animations that the ME is showing them but that doesn't mean the 3d has enough to show clearly what the ME is calculating. One for example is where users feel a defender is standing still while the ME has calculated he has been wrong footed, recovering from attempting a tackle, knocked off balance by an attacker or simply was slow to react due to mental attributes/tiredness

B) Tactics - I guess you could argue that its down to buggy behaviour with a role/duty but the settings for a player means he does something which the user deems unrealistic. This one can be tough as its down to opinion and you can watch any RL football match and see many examples where a player does something different to what you would do in that situation, whether that be attacking or defending.

C) ME bugs/glitches/quirks/whatever you want to call them - Again here some are down to opinion while others are more obvious.

Unrealistically high or low? Do you have any examples that you can give?

Juanma

http://i.imgur.com/MPaHUSN.png

http://i.imgur.com/c6w4RxB.png

I wouldn't really care about his clause of $81M.. but the problem is and mostly is for the spanish clubs when buying, they want their players exactly what their minimum fee clause is.. and so Villarreal wants $81M for him... he isn't worth of that much really.. he is valued $5.5M but their club put a stupid high minimum release clause in his contract and thus they want that EXACTLY to get him.

I can get better players than him for triple lesser than what they want..

It's not only him btw, many of them.. I have just shown an example.

That certainly looks like bugged contract behaviour, although the QA team do watch this thread can you start a thread in the Transfers & Contracts section of the bugs forum so that SI can get this logged?

Juanma

http://i.imgur.com/MPaHUSN.png

http://i.imgur.com/c6w4RxB.png

I wouldn't really care about his clause of $81M.. but the problem is and mostly is for the spanish clubs when buying, they want their players exactly what their minimum fee clause is.. and so Villarreal wants $81M for him... he isn't worth of that much really.. he is valued $5.5M but their club put a stupid high minimum release clause in his contract and thus they want that EXACTLY to get him.

I can get better players than him for triple lesser than what they want..

It's not only him btw, many of them.. I have just shown an example.

Its normal for Spanish contracts to have high minimum release clauses. They have to have them in by law and they are normally really high.

Your other point is simply that the club don't want to sell the player therefore they stick to the release clause. This again isn't an issue with the game, you need to change your approach transfers and learn to identify realistic targets, negotiate better & use the media to your advantage as the player's contract runs down.

In your example Juanma is a first team player for Villarreal with four years left on his contract. As long as he is happy Villarreal have no reason to sell therefore he isn't a realistic transfer target in the short term. In the longer term if his contract runs down or his rep/ambition improve to a point where he feels he has outgrown Villarreal then he becomes a possible realistic target.

Cougar, that sort of value isn't normal unless the currency isn't USD or Villarreal & the player have been given large rep increases.

From my experience most releases clauses in Spain are actually quite reasonable, the reason they tend not to be activated irl is that the player's quality generally does not justify the additional tax implication when activating the contract release.

Edit: As an example Griezman's buyout value is reported to be £46m (approx $65m) & that was recently increased from a meagre £28m, although not unheard of buyout clauses above £35m are uncommon outside of the big two n Spain.

Has something changed recently then Barside?

Can't pretend to be that familiar with them but any articles I've read have always referenced high release clauses in Spain & to that matter Portugal as well.

As I understand them they are actually buyout clauses in an employment contract which are agreed at the time of signing between the club & the player. To activate them the player has to actually pay the money to his current club which in practice comes from the buying club. In recent years this has led to problems with the money being treated as income to the player and therefore taxable at a 40% plus rate while VAT is also chargeable by the selling club further increasing the cost of activating the clause.

With FM not being able to model these clauses accurately SI settled for a minimum fee release clause while I thought they adjusted for the tax issues which can add around 75% on top of the actual clause figure.

EDIT

Also prob worth saying that Wells' example is a 20yo wonderkid so having isolated examples of higher clauses on very talented players I wouldn't see as an issue especially when they are homegrown which could be the case in this example.

Is it possible that the articles you've read tend to reference high profile players at Barcelona or Real Madrid & in some cases Ath. Madrid?

This is a discussion for another thread as we need to keep this one on topic but as a final comment from me in here generally there is a misconception that Spanish buyout clauses are all prohibitively expensive.

Your final sentence is incorrect, SI do not inflate the values to compensate for the lack of tax implications when activating the release clause.

Is it possible that the articles you've read tend to reference high profile players at Barcelona or Real Madrid & in some cases Ath. Madrid?

Sure I think its fair to say that they were mostly about higher profile players but is that not the case with this example?

In terms of that gameworld that player is seen as one of the best youngsters in the world and is already a regular starter for a topish Spanish club (Kinda like a Spanish version of John Stones atm). Clause is $81m which is what around £50m which isn't miles away from what was talked about for Stones last summer.

But as you say discussion for a different thread and more examples would be needed before any firm conclusions could be drawn.

Is it a bug to get offered a new contract on the 5th of December in your first season?

20160313164311_1_zpsqbuvohs8.jpg

It depends on how long your initial contract was and how well you have done at the time.

I've had saves where I've been offered an initial one year contract, but done so well in the opening, that they then extend it. Bear in mind by December, you'll have player quite a lot of games.

It depends on how long your initial contract was and how well you have done at the time.

I've had saves where I've been offered an initial one year contract, but done so well in the opening, that they then extend it. Bear in mind by December, you'll have player quite a lot of games.

yeah I always seem to get contract offers around December time during my first season, its no bug :)

Yes there is, its the screen before the confirmation, you usually have

speak to player - accept - delay - reject - compile match reports

as the buttons, once you accept it moves up an email to the confirmation, scroll back down to the last one and complie will still be there.

Nope, they are not there for me. Checked the previous message too. Only the speak to player, accept, delay or reject.

Players really act poorly to being offered mutual termination, even when they have been out of the first team picture and set to "not needed" for months and months.

Fair enough if you want to stay and collect a wage, but acting shocked and disappointed? Come on.

Seriously, this player moaning about of lack of first team football is over the top. I agree that it should be implemented in the game but the way it is now is beyond a joke. How can an 18 year old player who was promoted to senior squad demand first team football when he plays the same position as a 60 million worth best player in the club and possibly division?? And btw this kid plays quite often coming as a sub or starting easier matches. Also players with "backup" squad status..if he signs a contract that says you are "backup" player, how is he not satisfied with coming of the bench??

All my young players(18,10 years old) and "backup" players constantly moaning..It's really frustrating.

Several people, not just yourself Tony, are very vocal in here when they claim they haven't even got the game yet.. I can only assume they are basing it off the demo, which, while gives a good impression of the full game, doesn't quite give the full impression.

That said, I can only be impressed they are passionate enough about a game demo to warrant so much time giving feedback on the forums.

Several people, not just yourself Tony, are very vocal in here when they claim they haven't even got the game yet.. I can only assume they are basing it off the demo, which, while gives a good impression of the full game, doesn't quite give the full impression.

That said, I can only be impressed they are passionate enough about a game demo to warrant so much time giving feedback on the forums.

I've bought this version and every other version ever released and I'll be buying the next version and all future versions (assuming I don't die before it comes out) - there is probably something seriously wrong with me...

1.I'm a total sucker and SI are milking me for my hard earned giro.

2.I've been hypnotised and forced to by every version and therefore my whole life may be a lie.

3.I'm addicted to the awesome sound effects.

4.I'm the eternal optimist.

5.What else am I gonna do in between Bethesda games?

6.I'm actually a prisoner, being held and tortured against my will by SI and they're making me say these things.

7.There's a glitch in the Matrix.

Hi Welshace

Yes my opinion is based on quite a lot of demo playing time, a few hours of sitting with friends watching them play the full game and numrous youtube uploads.

This is not a rant against SI. I am passionate about the FM series and have been playing since CM2. I beleive that this release had so much potential and therefore am disappointed that the issues with the ME has meant that that potential has not been realised so far.

2050 is a long time. :)

The ME is improving each year. Itll always be a WIP thing and im happy with this as long as each year, some progress is made. Its looking more and more realistic, and with the animations getting better and better, I am confident this ME will be something special in the years to come. Keep it up SI.

Seriously, this player moaning about of lack of first team football is over the top. I agree that it should be implemented in the game but the way it is now is beyond a joke. How can an 18 year old player who was promoted to senior squad demand first team football when he plays the same position as a 60 million worth best player in the club and possibly division?? And btw this kid plays quite often coming as a sub or starting easier matches. Also players with "backup" squad status..if he signs a contract that says you are "backup" player, how is he not satisfied with coming of the bench??

All my young players(18,10 years old) and "backup" players constantly moaning..It's really frustrating.

Players WILL come and talk about game time. It's far, far more important to note how these conversations go. The 18 year old in question may want more game time, but why don't you talk to him then? You're telling us the reason. Tell him. If he really doesn't have a leg to stand on, it'll be easy to get him to back off.

It also depends on their ability. You haven't mentioned how good the kid is and also how he compares to the main 60m player.

Bought every FM since CM01/02 at release.

Dissapointed by FM13, although i played a lot.

Very dissapointed by FM 14, played a few hours.

Skipped FM 15.

Bought FM 16 after 16.2.

Extremely dissapopinted by FM16, gave up after a few hours (half a season in full details actually).

I will not buy FM 17, unless the feedback thread is filled with positive comments.

As you could guys see, from my personal point of view, the quality is going downhill.I've just uninstalled FM16, there is absolutely no reason for me to give it a try anymore.

There are several threads about this in the Bugs forum, so please fell free to add your thoughts to those already logged as this will all add to the consideration of this module for future versions.:thup:

Bought every FM since CM01/02 at release.

Dissapointed by FM13, although i played a lot.

Very dissapointed by FM 14, played a few hours.

Skipped FM 15.

Bought FM 16 after 16.2.

Extremely dissapopinted by FM16, gave up after a few hours (half a season in full details actually).

I will not buy FM 17, unless the feedback thread is filled with positive comments.

As you could guys see, from my personal point of view, the quality is going downhill.I've just uninstalled FM16, there is absolutely no reason for me to give it a try anymore.

As a matter of interest, why were you "very disappointed" by FM 14? I think the third patch 14.3.0/1 was/is the best ME from this organization yet.., which is why many of my friends (me too) are still playing it. So why exactly? Which version of FM 14 was disappointing? If it was the final patch, i'd really love to know what it is that bugged you then, ifyoudontmind.

Archived