Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

I hear you. Exactly the same has happened for me, only for me to be told over and over NO ME CHANGES were made.

You can see in the changelist that there were very few changes and nothing significant. The person you quoted mentioned pre-season games - a poor way to judge on results and then only 2 competitive games. It's hardly a large enough sample size to know that you'll have a great tactic that'll just go on doing well. Put it this way - you're not doing worse because of any change in the ME.

Anywhere where I can see the PA's of players that changed from 16.0.2 to 16.0.3? I would like to start a new save with my town club but I have already won everything (UCL included) in the 5th season. I would like to experiment new players because if I start a new save I will purchase the same (i think they are the best possible) and the save will start to be repetitive and annoying so I would like to check different players.

Thanks

... So nobody else had this problem? Very strange... :)

An example save it is not necessary, it is in the game itself whatever.

Try asking a player of yours for a suggestion to buy a new player: from the moment I click on it, to the moment when the list of the 4 possible questions appears, it last 30-60 seconds.

I don't have this problem.

Anywhere where I can see the PA's of players that changed from 16.0.2 to 16.0.3? I would like to start a new save with my town club but I have already won everything (UCL included) in the 5th season. I would like to experiment new players because if I start a new save I will purchase the same (i think they are the best possible) and the save will start to be repetitive and annoying so I would like to check different players.

Thanks

There are enough changes that it's impractical to list them. Try playing a save with fake players.

I hear you. Exactly the same has happened for me, only for me to be told over and over NO ME CHANGES were made.

How can I get back to 16.2.0!?????

I have a mate that is still in 16.2.0 and with the same tactic and same teams (Leicester) in 16.3.0 and we both set so that there are no injuries/reds with fmrte.

He won the league in 16.2.0, won FA cup and final of carling cup

I came 3rd in 16.3.0, semis of carling cup and 5th round of FA cup

Of course, there are 'some variables' but still... very interesting! Also because Leicester is better in 16.3.0 by quite a bit!

I promised Phil Jones I would find him a new club at the end of the season due to him wanting a chance in the first team. Lots of clubs made an offer and I accepted them all. Twice now he has "decided to stay at the club"

How exactly am I supposed to fulfil my promise to let him go if he doesn't leave???

I promised Phil Jones I would find him a new club at the end of the season due to him wanting a chance in the first team. Lots of clubs made an offer and I accepted them all. Twice now he has "decided to stay at the club"

How exactly am I supposed to fulfil my promise to let him go if he doesn't leave???

If you offer him out or accept a bid that the player rejects, the promise will be extended as the player understands you've made efforts to move him on. Eventually he'll accept a move or leave on a free. Or if you play him his unhappiness could change.

I have a mate that is still in 16.2.0 and with the same tactic and same teams (Leicester) in 16.3.0 and we both set so that there are no injuries/reds with fmrte.

Of course, there are 'some variables' but still... very interesting! Also because Leicester is better in 16.3.0 by quite a bit!

What this tells me is your friend is better at the game than you are.

What this tells me is your friend is better at the game than you are.

If you say so ;) don't know how someone can be better than the other when its 'instant result' thus it being plug and play but yeah...thanks!

What were you expecting, the exact same results?

What were you expecting, the exact same results?

yeah I did...seriously? I find it very interesting that's it!

If you say so ;) don't know how someone can be better than the other when its 'instant result' thus it being plug and play but yeah...thanks!

What this tells me is your friend's assistant manager made better in-game decisions than your assistant manager. And got more luck with the opposition missing chances, changing tactics, poor substitutions, etc etc.

It's at times like these I think a timely requote of the sage that is Barside is in order...

It does inspire passionate attachment, for the most part that is positive & a reflection on the work SI have done of the year but unfortunately passion can spill over into a more negative opinion. A key reason this genre exists is because we all think we are football experts however FM has developed a superb ability to expose that lie to many of us & in some case that truth is hard to accept.

yeah I did...seriously?!

The game would be more broken than the most broken thing you can think of if that was the case.

yeah I did...seriously? I find it very interesting that's it!

Well thats sarcasm but you don't really say what you mean by "I find it interesting"

I would be more concerned with your mates results on 16.2 if I'm honest because there is no way Leicester get those results with a realistic tactic.

The boost in attributes with the new database would see an improvement but given you stated you used identical tactics then I'm not really sure how much value we can place on your results.

You also stated you used "Instant Result". I've never been sure what this means for how the matches are calculated but I feel like its not the same as playing the matches.

Sigh... the replies in this forum are really enlightening sometimes I feel its a disc on repeat since the last 4 years, and the complaints have been the same since the last 4 years too

1- It's your tactic.

2- You are a rubbish manager.

3- you were exploiting something that has been fixed.

As I said we both used FMRTE to edit 'facilities', 'staff abilities', 'injuries', 'morale', 'aggressiveness to reduce yellows and reds' etc.... no purchases/selling of players

Finally, in 16.3.0 Leicester is a lot better than in 16.2.0 this remained the same as we did not edit stats or abilities ... but yeah it is my tactic/rubbish manager/exploiting something that has been fixed.. but oh wait there was no ME changes in 16.3.0.... the fact is i am not complaining as 16.2 was too easy so I am getting a challenge but I just wanted to let everyone know that's it.

Well thats sarcasm but you don't really say what you mean by "I find it interesting"

I would be more concerned with your mates results on 16.2 if I'm honest because there is no way Leicester get those results with a realistic tactic.

The boost in attributes with the new database would see an improvement but given you stated you used identical tactics then I'm not really sure how much value we can place on your results.

You also stated you used "Instant Result". I've never been sure what this means for how the matches are calculated but I feel like its not the same as playing the matches.

Instant result is in FM Touch, exactly in 16.2 it was definitely an exploit which it isn't in 16.3

Sigh... the replies in this forum are really enlightening sometimes I feel its a disc on repeat since the last 4 years, and the complaints have been the same since the last 4 years too

1- It's your tactic.

2- You are a rubbish manager.

3- you were exploiting something that has been fixed.

As I said we both used FMRTE to edit 'facilities', 'staff abilities', 'injuries', 'morale', 'aggressiveness to reduce yellows and reds' etc.... no purchases/selling of players

Finally, in 16.3.0 Leicester is a lot better than in 16.2.0 this remained the same as we did not edit stats or abilities ... but yeah it is my tactic/rubbish manager/exploiting something that has been fixed.. but oh wait there was no ME changes in 16.3.0....

But what about the millions of others variables that happened during the season to your team as well as others?

Your experiment isn't even close to having a baseline to judge anything from and trying to compare them leads to no relevant or usable conclusions.

Really not sure what you were trying to achieve or show but its impossible to produce two identical matches never mind identical seasons.

Instant result is in FM Touch, exactly in 16.2 it was definitely an exploit which it isn't in 16.3

You can't use the editor on FM Classic though (I still refuse to call it by its new name...)

I'm sensing the crumbling of your house of cards here.

You can't use the editor on FM Classic though (I still refuse to call it by its new name...)

I'm sensing the crumbling of your house of cards here.

Mac Assistant and FMRTE? yeah definitely crumbling lol

PS: No ME changes....

But what about the millions of others variables that happened during the season to your team as well as others?

Your experiment isn't even close to having a baseline to judge anything from and trying to compare them leads to no relevant or usable conclusions.

Really not sure what you were trying to achieve or show but its impossible to produce two identical matches never mind identical seasons.

Yes that is correct, however the fact is that my mate had over 80% winning ratio while mine was 65%, yes there are other variables but I felt that he dominated matches in a way I did not thats all. But I am positive if we were to re-do the experiment he would destroy the league all over again and I would not.

PS: No ME changes....

But what are you trying to show??

I'm confused here, you have a theory which you then try to prove & come to a conclusion but you aren't telling us any of it. Just providing random snippets, are we supposed to guess?

I'm confused here, you have a theory which you then try to prove & come to a conclusion but you aren't telling us any of it. Just providing random snippets, are we supposed to guess?

Nothing as I am not an expert, just wanted to share it thats all. There is always going to be counter arguments anyway because the moderators know a lot more than the game than I ever will, not here to win or prove anything.

yes there are other variables but I felt that he dominated matches in a way I did not thats all.

How do you know this if you instant resulted every game?

SI have not said there were NO changes to the ME - just that there were few and minor.

My formation I was using at the time of the patch went to hell for a bit - but this was from a save game and I've since gone back and everythings a-ok.

I notice people are saying that this game exposes people who think they're Football experts and shows them up as feeble Sven Goran's - I would postulate that this game turns Sven Goran's - into Football experts. As long as you watch lots of the real game - incorporating what you see - and watch for things you see in game in the real life games.

Perfect example of FM teaching me - I DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE FALSE 9 ROLE AT ALL - even more - I couldn't understand why Fabregas was used in the role I didn't understand for Spain - Now, thanks to FM - I not only understand the F9 role, I love it - and I totally get why Messi is the perfect F9 and why Fabregas would do nicely if you don't have a messi.

I am the greatest Football expert - game or real life - EVAR - (ROCKY MUSIC!) - I have 10'000'0000'000'0'0'0'0'0 BATTLE POINTS!

How do you know this if you instant resulted every game?

stats (possession/shots/ccc's) scores vs various teams.

I am the greatest Football expert - game or real life - EVAR - (ROCKY MUSIC!) - I have 10'000'0000'000'0'0'0'0'0 BATTLE POINTS!

But you'd never beat SKELETOR in an online game.

*one for the old guard there :D

Yes that is correct, however the fact is that my mate had over 80% winning ratio while mine was 65%, yes there are other variables but I felt that he dominated matches in a way I did not thats all. But I am positive if we were to re-do the experiment he would destroy the league all over again and I would not.

You could always try it and see. Events in FM are all based on probabilities and results going the wrong way at the wrong point in the season can have big effects on morale; players who lack consistency might hit runs of form that benefit one save and not the other - even if you were both on 16.2 or both on 16.3, you could have ended up with quite different seasons - especially if the assman was making the decisions. You might be able to get a team out of a morale death spiral - not sure the assman would.

Also you didn't mention the fixture list - hitting all the big teams in a row can seriously deplete a team's energy even without injuries, and losing those games has a knock on effect. Who did each Leicester get in the cups?

Leicester in 16.3 may have players with better stats or improved reputation, but if things come out the wrong side of the probabilities they can still be worse than 16.2 Leicester on the right side of the probabilities. The challenge of FM is to be the difference that outweighs how the probabilities fall.

stats (possession/shots/ccc's) scores vs various teams.

To be honest, as Cougar says, your 'experiment' proves little, if anything. You've already said you've hugely edited it to the point it's wildly unrealistic. When will people ever learn that more often than not - Unrealistic input = unrealistic output.

And your observation that there would be 'some variables' is laughable too. Have you any idea how many variables go into one match? Never mind a whole season. The whole butterfly effect thing.

To be honest, as Cougar says, your 'experiment' proves little, if anything. You've already said you've hugely edited it to the point it's wildly unrealistic. When will people ever learn that more often than not - Unrealistic input = unrealistic output.

And your observation that there would be 'some variables' is laughable too. Have you any idea how many variables go into one match? Never mind a whole season. The whole butterfly effect thing.

ok thanks.

You could always try it and see. Events in FM are all based on probabilities and results going the wrong way at the wrong point in the season can have big effects on morale; players who lack consistency might hit runs of form that benefit one save and not the other - even if you were both on 16.2 or both on 16.3, you could have ended up with quite different seasons - especially if the assman was making the decisions. You might be able to get a team out of a morale death spiral - not sure the assman would.

Also you didn't mention the fixture list - hitting all the big teams in a row can seriously deplete a team's energy even without injuries, and losing those games has a knock on effect. Who did each Leicester get in the cups?

Leicester in 16.3 may have players with better stats or improved reputation, but if things come out the wrong side of the probabilities they can still be worse than 16.2 Leicester on the right side of the probabilities. The challenge of FM is to be the difference that outweighs how the probabilities fall.

yeah not to worry mate, don't care anymore just get trashed if I say more thanks though. I went out early in the FA cup as I got chelsea but he beat Man utd, Man city and Arsenal on the way too. I got Arsenal in semis of carling cup and he beat Chelsea and Liverpool to win the carling cup. I agree on all your points.

But you'd never beat SKELETOR in an online game.

*one for the old guard there :D

Ooft, remember him? He was awesome.

yeah not to worry mate, don't care anymore just get trashed if I say more thanks though. I went out early in the FA cup as I got chelsea but he beat Man utd, Man city and Arsenal on the way too. I got Arsenal in semis of carling cup and he beat Chelsea and Liverpool to win the carling cup. I agree on all your points.

That's quite interesting. Leicester are best on the counter. Chelsea tend to defend better than either of the Manchester clubs or Arsenal and all of them are likely to be more attack-minded than Chelsea, which would be better for Leicester. Could help explain why you went out and he had a cup run even with a weaker version of Leicester.

Opposition teams are near enough unstoppable when they attack via the wings.

Players seem to be committing more fouls and getting more cards.

I've noticed on my net game Stoke are using their 3rd all white kit seems to be getting a bit more use than it ought to. Used away to Brentford, Southampton and West Ham, but in the case of the first two I'd have thought a black & green kit would provide greater contrast against red & white than all white does.

Hadn't played the game in month or so as I had grown bored of the overpowered crossing, laughable defending and the complete inability to turn chances into goals.

With nothing better to do on a Saturday I fired up FM once more. First game back drew 1-1. 33 shots 17 on target vs 3 and 2. drew as a result of a goal caused by laughable defending. Turned it off again. Maybe I'll try again in another couple of months should these issues ever get patched out.

(Cue the 'moderators' deleting this post as I've had the temerity to criticise the game)

Hadn't played the game in month or so as I had grown bored of the overpowered crossing, laughable defending and the complete inability to turn chances into goals.

With nothing better to do on a Saturday I fired up FM once more. First game back drew 1-1. 33 shots 17 on target vs 3 and 2. drew as a result of a goal caused by laughable defending. Turned it off again. Maybe I'll try again in another couple of months should these issues ever get patched out.

(Cue the 'moderators' deleting this post as I've had the temerity to criticise the game)

Maybe point out why you think that is a problem rather than just whining like a bad loser?

Even Barcelona at their best IRL experienced games like that every three-four matches.

Your main issue is expecting to win rather than looking at why you didn't score more.

Maybe point out why you think that is a problem rather than just whining like a bad loser?

Even Barcelona at their best IRL experienced games like that every three-four matches.

Your main issue is expecting to win rather than looking at why you didn't score more.

He has told you twice what the problem is, " laughable defending"

He has told you twice what the problem is, " laughable defending"

Which tells the Devs nothing they can use to analyse deficiencies causing the problems.

Let's get back to using the system please, tiresome as it is actual evidence is required.

I'm just now starting my career game but I'm unable to find the In Game Editor which in FM 2015 was positioned in the right-upper corner in player's page.

Can anybody help me to solve this issue? Thanks.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but whenever you loan a player out now, but there's no option at the bottom of that message to get match reports of the loaned player.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but whenever you loan a player out now, but there's no option at the bottom of that message to get match reports of the loaned player.

Yes there is, its the screen before the confirmation, you usually have

speak to player - accept - delay - reject - compile match reports

as the buttons, once you accept it moves up an email to the confirmation, scroll back down to the last one and complie will still be there.

So I started a brand new game and did something I usually don't do. I am not using any edited files and I am using the new Winter release database from the beginning of the season. I am still playing as my beloved Spurs.

1) It's too easy. Ridiculously so. I'd say it's the easiest version of the game since CM 03/04. I'm 15 games into the season (all competitions) and I am unbeaten. I am W12, D3, L0, F29, A5. I am playing with two formations (both of which I rarely use), 4-2-3-1 and 4-1-2-3. I do have Arsenal away next which should be an interesting test.

2) The Stats page doesn't back up what I am seeing in the ME. My top player for Crosses succeeded / Attempted is Chadli with 4/13. However my top assister is Kyle Walker with 5 assists. All of which were crosses. So the stats engine must be classifying some of these crosses as key passes.

3) As has been discussed to death the majority of my assists come from the full backs. And I am playing full backs, not wing backs. From the 29 goals scored 18 assists have come from my four full backs.

4) Kyle Walker has the highest average rating with 8.40. Interestingly I have noticed that almost every game the right back gets a massive ratings boost in their second half performance, irrespective of the rest of their stats (e.g. any assists, completed tackles etc.).

5) Interestingly so far in my game full backs in the Premier League aren't dominating the assists charts, although wide players are. However full backs are dominating the ratings and POM award stats.

6) I fired all my backroom staff and hired a complete new backroom team. We are now rated the best in the Premier League. Way too easy to do that IMO.

7) Because of how easy I am finding the game I am simply not enjoying it. It's not proving to be enough of a challenge. I'll persevere with this save for now and see what happens when I buy the right players to implement the tactics I enjoy but I fear the outcome will be the same.

How much of a challenge did you expect when starting with Spurs? irl they are challenging for the title so I would expect that to be the same in FM.

Which tells the Devs nothing they can use to analyse deficiencies causing the problems.

Let's get back to using the system please, tiresome as it is actual evidence is required.

Evidence has been provided by numerous people on numerous occasions. SI know that there are problems with defending in this ME but were unable to correct them for this update. People have had to accept that, but it does not alter the facts

Yes Tony, so let's stick to using such evidence and not giving way to pointless rants which achieve nowt.

We supply the ammo the Devs fire the bullets, won't happen overnight though, sorry about that :)

Yes Tony, so let's stick to using such evidence and not giving way to pointless rants which achieve nowt.

We supply the ammo the Devs fire the bullets, won't happen overnight though, sorry about that :)

I agree with what you say, but the Mods have to realise that such is the passion for this game that sometimes peoples frustration boils over