Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
I did, almost a month ago. They labelled it "Under Review", and I don't know what that means but it wasn't fixed in the update.

Edit: Over a month ago :lol:http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/450763-UI-Issue-With-Bar-Attributes

This means that it has been looked at and is in our bugs database. If it is not fixed then unfortunately didn't make it as there was more pressing things to be fixed for the update. Hope that helps.

The UI is a lot faster, particularly during job interviews, you can fly through them now as opposed to the mildly annoying delay after each answer.

Second this. Good job SI! The training pages seem to be taking less time to load up, too!

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier or not but I noticed this something similar last patch which happened occasionally.

Two points - in regards to the training camp for pre-season:

First, even in last patch, I didn't get an option to select the training camp squad all the time - sometimes I did, other times I did not. To actually select the squad, I had to sign a player and then at the bottom of the confirmation of transfer message, I can select the "Training camp squad" and select all my players.

Secondly, in this new patch, I have signed players and included them into the training camp squad (click on "add to training camp squad") and on match day, I am unable to select these players - they show as unavailable, even though they are clearly in the squad.

Unless it is something like they are unable to join for the first match due to travelling or something? That's the only seemingly plausible thing that I can think of as the rest of the team is already in a different country.

I am playing as Liverpool, if that makes any difference.

• SI Staff
Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier or not but I noticed this something similar last patch which happened occasionally.

Two points - in regards to the training camp for pre-season:

First, even in last patch, I didn't get an option to select the training camp squad all the time - sometimes I did, other times I did not. To actually select the squad, I had to sign a player and then at the bottom of the confirmation of transfer message, I can select the "Training camp squad" and select all my players.

Secondly, in this new patch, I have signed players and included them into the training camp squad (click on "add to training camp squad") and on match day, I am unable to select these players - they show as unavailable, even though they are clearly in the squad.

Unless it is something like they are unable to join for the first match due to travelling or something? That's the only seemingly plausible thing that I can think of as the rest of the team is already in a different country.

I am playing as Liverpool, if that makes any difference.

Hey A Double K,

Could you please post in the bugs forum, found here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Cheers,

Seb.

I wish, that in football manager 2017 we could choose to have 1-99 attribute system just like in FIFA, so you could seperate players easier, because right now, too many players are similar stats wise.

I wish, that in football manager 2017 we could choose to have 1-99 attribute system just like in FIFA, so you could seperate players easier, because right now, too many players are similar stats wise.

FM is 1-200 or rather 0.1 to 20.0, you only see before the decimal point.

Click on any attribute, it'll take you to the player's development screen, and on the bar graph, it shows the decimal point value.

Ok thanks, also is there a big difference between 13.1 and 13.2 or just a slight difference?

I already called this, you cant just remove a chunk of goals coming from crosses without having a knock on effect overall, cant say am happy or disappointed that the match engine is still simulating the same kind of following attacks, but i was never to unhappy anyway because in a way FM16 is still the most balanced looking from a overall aspect, and not just concentrating on how many goals where scored from crosses today. So Si have only tweaked and not made major changes that will unbalance the game am i guess look to improve further for FM17, and dont forget this match engine is still young.

I know I said that I won't post here anymore, and I'm going to on my words, but it seems that I can't set scouting assignments for some reason. I managed responsibilities so I'm in charge of scouting assignments, but when I go to scout, and click on create new assignments, I can't choose country/region/whatsoever.

Hi my feedback of the update

1 . Off sides . Just conceded as striker standing in front of goalkeeper, midfielder shoots hits the post and striker raps in with keeper having dived for the ball. 1 yard off side !!

2. Too maby injuries. Played about a month and suddenly lost 6 first team players some for over 3 months.

3. Too many chances and misses not high scores but too many actual chances.

4. Man marking is rubbish, players mark tightly but then respond 2 through balls about a second behind the attacker, you don't stand next to or in front of attackers to mark them and top players do respond very quickly they judge well and read the game but no one does this in man marking

5. Goaly saved 12 shots in one game inc 3 one on ones gets 7 rating ??

6. Where's the shots from outside the box so few and far between

I deserve to be ignored, but this is just too big problem. Am I the only one that have problems with scouting?

Start with the obvious:

What team are you?

Which year & which league if different to current IRL?

Do you have any scouts?

What countries/regions are you allowed to scout?

I'm AC Milan, so I really should have worldwide scouting range. They have 20 scouts at the beginning and I managed responsibilities so I'm in charge of scouting. But I simply can't select a region/nation/league, nothing.

EDIT:

Oh, well. I can select region, but only if I go to scouting tab, then assignments and then I can create an assignment. But if I go to scout and try to add a assignment there, I can't.

I'm AC Milan, so I really should have worldwide scouting range. They have 20 scouts at the beginning and I managed responsibilities so I'm in charge of scouting. But I simply can't select a region/nation/league, nothing.

Have you tried setting up a new save to see if you have the same issue?

I've looked at my save and I can set assignments no problem.

EDIT:

Oh, well. I can select region, but only if I go to scouting tab, then assignments and then I can create an assignment. But if I go to scout and try to add a assignment there, I can't.

Pretty sure you can't do that through individual scouts.. has to be through the scouting tab.. not sure why.

sorry, i can't look through six pages of questions and unhappy comments to check if one of the bugs (or at least what i think was a bug) fixed as i don't see it on the change list but as you mentioned you didn't list all changes.

can my wingers/inside forwards now swap sides back and forth during the game.

sorry, i can't look through six pages of questions and unhappy comments to check if one of the bugs (or at least what i think was a bug) fixed as i don't see it on the change list but as you mentioned you didn't list all changes.

can my wingers/inside forwards now swap sides back and forth during the game.

they culd even before the patch

My thoughts after trying some more matches with the updated demo (16.3)

I don't think the problem with crosses has much to do with the total number of them. Most of them get cleared or blocked, and the nature of the game allows you to play extreme tactics where you can ask your players to cross as soon as they get the ball, even from early positions and to concentrate on crossing asap because you don't allow them to do anything else (no dribbling, no retain possession, no short passing etc)

However, way too few of them actually go out of play. Out of about 5 matches played, said number has always been 2 in four out of five, and 4 in only one of those matches.

Not only they hardly ever fail, but most of the time the crosses are so good and precise you can't believe what you are seeing.

If I had to put my impressions into numbers, it would, very roughly, be like: 75% chances of being blocked/cleared, 5% of missing, 20% of reaching the target, which feels like a bit too much to me.

I haven't played many matches as said, but the numbers have always been quite consistent, between the two teams there would be about 33/38 interceptions, 8/11 received crosses, and 2/4 out of boundaries.

In the last match I played with arsenal (default tactics (4-3-3) and so on, to prevent any bias due to "your tactics", different opponents with different tactics, ranging from classic 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 DM) we had 8 received crosses, 6 of them were goals, one ended up being an assist for the goal, the last was parried by the keeper. It's true that arsenal has good players with good finishing attributes, but mainly they scored because the crosses were perfect, they just had to tap in, even with early crosses traveling with a perfect curl like the ball was remotely controlled.

All these tests because of all the people I heard saying there was a problem with the crosses. I must admit that so far it does seem to be a bit off.

However. With the crossing issue taken aside, I would also like to say that I find the ME overall WAY, WAY better than FM15. Especially so when it comes to the feel of "responsiveness" when you try to make tactical adjustments, you can see the difference a second after you have done the change basically, and it's quite evident, the players seem to be more disciplined and will do exactly as asked.

Despite many of them being crosses, I did however see much more variety in the type of goals scored. In FM15 it was a long shot galore for example... so many that it felt way more annoying and unrealistic than the crosses feel in FM16 to be honest.

For example I have seen much more perfect high and long through ball passes, not like in FM15 when every goal scored from a long ball was because of a CD mistake by missing the header with the forward slipping past him and going for the goal, it was actually beautifully executed passes. It would also happen close to the box, attempting a soft touch to put the ball in the box instead of trying only ground level through passes.

Overall it feels just much much better than it does in FM15 to be fair.

In my humble opinion, there is a bit of bias towards crosses, I think the complaints are partially justified, but at the same time, you also have to judge that overall, it's a nice improvement over the previous game.

If they manage to put the improvements that Neil posted a couple of pages ago into FM17, I can predict it will be the best release by far.

With that said, I'll tinker a bit more with the demo before making up my mind if I'll buy this edition or go on with my long term save in FM15 while waiting for the 17.

Cheers to SI for their continued efforts.

IGGi6pP.jpg

This was something I thought that would be picked up by the testers along the way, but was surprised to see it still going on here on the presumed last patch for FM 16. This is the striker, before he starts to run back to his more natural position up front, with the team settings Press Much More and Prevent Short GK Distribution. I don't know why he positions himself there and have looked thoroughly what could be the reason for it and can't find one (knocks, injuries, set-piece settings)...

Prevent Short GK Distribution is still clearly not working generally.

I think this thread should be locked. Because SI don't care about feedbacks. Lots of people had complaints about crosses and offsides but nothing changed. This thread is pointless.
This thread is not pointless, neither is raising issues in the bugs forum.

Take a read of post #350, Neil Brock offers an explanation of the decision making process at SI.

This thread is not pointless, neither is raising issues in the bugs forum.

Take a read of post #350, Neil Brock offers an explanation of the decision making process at SI.

In fairness, you can't blame people for being annoyed, I have supported FM since the very early CM days and I honestly believed that the crossing issues would have been addressed, if we don't like it, we have to wait for FM17. That is some bad customer service. I will seriously consider for the first time ever not buying the next installment.

I think I have no choice but to go back to FM15. Shame really.

I'm having exactly the same issue as Firehouse, managing Torino and started on the previous patch. All countries are ghosted out and to get round it I have to go to the scouting screen and set scouting assignment rather than using the option on the news item when a scout finishes his previous assignment.

• Administrators
In fairness, you can't blame people for being annoyed, I have supported FM since the very early CM days and I honestly believed that the crossing issues would have been addressed, if we don't like it, we have to wait for FM17. That is some bad customer service. I will seriously consider for the first time ever not buying the next installment.

I think I have no choice but to go back to FM15. Shame really.

It's not a case of whether you "don't like it", to wait. We've been very clear about why this issue wasn't addressed regarding balance of the current match engine, and things in the pipeline will improve things going forward. We'd very much encourage users to give constructive feedback and bug reports in the bugs forum so we can continue to improve the game for future versions. Thanks.

League wins appearing in a player's history has been implemented badly for years, I've been complaining about it on and off for over a decade. I've just won a league title with 5 games to spare, and two players who have appeared in nine games will not be recorded as having won it. I'm now trying to decide whether to reload my last game and lose it to give them another game. The fact that needing to appear in ten games hasn't been the rule in the Premier League for quite a while now isn't the worst thing about it, I can't believe that these history records are still being created on the date the title is secured, rather than the final league game.

Can you tell me why this hasn't been addressed in.... ever?

• Administrators
League wins appearing in a player's history has been implemented badly for years, I've been complaining about it on and off for over a decade. I've just won a league title with 5 games to spare, and two players who have appeared in nine games will not be recorded as having won it. I'm now trying to decide whether to reload my last game and lose it to give them another game. The fact that needing to appear in ten games hasn't been the rule in the Premier League for quite a while now isn't the worst thing about it, I can't believe that these history records are still being created on the date the title is secured, rather than the final league game.

Can you tell me why this hasn't been addressed in.... ever?

Can you please post this in the bugs forum and the team will take a look: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Thanks.

• Administrators
Seems there are major crash bug after winter update? raised my bug to bugs forum. Played fine 10 seasons and now i cant continue. hopefully Si fix it.

Thanks for raising in the bugs forum, as I've already replied to you there will keep any further messages on that in the bugs forum thread. Thanks.

Archived