Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

• SI Staff
Guys, you actually managed to transfer Lukas Spalvis to the wrong Sporting. He got transfered to Sporting Lissabon from Portugal, not the Sporting from Gijon, Spain. Here's an official source from Aalborg's website http://fodbold.aabsport.dk/nyheder/2016/02/aab-saelger-spalvis-med-virkning-fra-sommeren-2016.aspx.

Hey Gajus. Could you please report any data issues in the Database & Research bugs thread, found here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/504-Database-and-Research-Issues

Edit - He looks to be at the Portuguese Sporting in-game for me. Are you sure he is incorrect on yours, he hasn't moved again in your save for example?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

Updated the game, just wondering if anyone is having the same trouble. I try to change the zoom from 100% to 85%, reload the skin, however it still comes up in 100% zoom. Have closed the game and restarted it. Turned my macbook off and back on. Still doesn't change the zoom. Before the update was playing my saved game in 85% zoom.

Have a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011).

Cheers

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

• Administrators
Hi Guys,

Updated the game, just wondering if anyone is having the same trouble. I try to change the zoom from 100% to 85%, reload the skin, however it still comes up in 100% zoom. Have closed the game and restarted it. Turned my macbook off and back on. Still doesn't change the zoom. Before the update was playing my saved game in 85% zoom.

Have a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011).

Cheers

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.

Try clearing your cache and preferences in "~/Library/Application Support" by deleting the Sports Interactive folder and try again.

Any further issues bumper55, please post a bug thread at this link: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/521-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-Mac-or-Linux

• Administrators
Ok having read it seems its been altered, widening the widget fixes it :thup:

Is there a way of starting a new game with all the updated ME fixes and player stat increases etc but WITHOUT the transfer update?

For example Danny Ward at start of season with Aberdeen on loan from Liverpool has had a slight bump in stats, I would like to start an Aberdeen save with him at Aberdeen with the new stats. It seems I can have old stats and old club (Aberdeen on loan) or new stats but back at Liverpool in the update.

Oh and as always thanks to everyone involved in the update and the friendly people in here too.

• Administrators
Is there a way of starting a new game with all the updated ME fixes and player stat increases etc but WITHOUT the transfer update?

For example Danny Ward at start of season with Aberdeen on loan from Liverpool has had a slight bump in stats, I would like to start an Aberdeen save with him at Aberdeen with the new stats. It seems I can have old stats and old club (Aberdeen on loan) or new stats but back at Liverpool in the update.

No, the attribute increases are only able to be added for a new database. Otherwise it would cause problems for players using existing save games if changes were fudged into the original database that their save games rely on. Just not possible to do I'm afraid.

No, the attribute increases are only able to be added for a new database. Otherwise it would cause problems for players using existing save games if changes were fudged into the original database that their save games rely on. Just not possible to do I'm afraid.

sorry as a "lurker" for a few years now I should have known this and you're explanation is very good - thanks for the quick and informative response.

I guess I will start a long term LLM save with new update but holiday until end of Jan before looking for any job.

KUTGW.

• Administrators
sorry as a "lurker" for a few years now I should have known this and you're explanation is very good - thanks for the quick and informative response.

I guess I will start a long term LLM save with new update but holiday until end of Jan before looking for any job.

KUTGW.

Thanks, enjoy :)

Any changes to the low number of direct free kick goals?

Yes, I am glad to finally se some direct free kicks straight into the back of the net :)

Now I can really get the best out of my Callum Gribbin's awesome technical attributes.

• Administrators
Bristol Rovers dont have there new multi billionaire president or new chairman? its still Nick Higgs who left 3 weeks ago. Gutted by this would of made a good save.

Something we are aware of but unfortunately didn't make the cut Derrick.

• SI Staff
because we had this from last patch where I need a work permit to buy a player from a club in England, it failed on appeal and i couldn't play them...

the appeal worked

this time.

As shown in the screenshot, it failed because his nation do not have a high enough world ranking.

I'm clearly missing something regarding whole Fullback OP Crossing bug. I know when I reach railway crossings I'm totally paranoid I'm gonna get hit by a train - but that's really a deep seated issue from my youth and nothing to do with A. Johnson.

After overcoming my initial fury at the complete breakdown of my 5-4-1 Diamond, went back to good old 4-4-1-1 with the two centre mids DM's - two WM's an AP-S and a F9 - set up two versions - Control & Counter + my battering ram panic button. Got the in game editor for the first time and made my formations 100% cause this is a saved game and it's not my fault FIFA changed the rules mid season and my old formations now suck because I can't afford goal line technology. We tried 8 referees but there were serious issues with both them and some of the players wives. Unfortunately no graphic representation of this is included in the engine changes.

Update is ROCK solid as far as I can tell - no reliability issues whatsoever and I'm using a save that''s huge - 17 countries & 37 leagues or something along those lines. Whole interface is more responsive - less clumsy and sluggish even after 8 hours solid playing. I'm also a big player of Bethesda games so reliabilty complex comes with the territory - no issues here.

I haven't experimented with lots of formations - or tried to revive the 5-4-1 - but with the format I'm using the engines been great. My biggest provider of assists is my AP-S with 28 or so in late March. WM + DM's all sitting circa 8-15ish - which ties up with my Full-Backs, but they take my corners so they end up with extra help there.

Acid test for me is how the team defends - two extremes in pressing in the control version and stand off in the counter - teams solid in both variations - not found any obvious repeat goals conceded and most of the goals the team scores involves some pretty cool new, faster intricate passes & move & balls into space in and around the box. My main man is a DM - simple passer - still loving the way he now seems to be able to dominate the midfield by getting a hold and laying off then cleaning up next time one of the fairies losses possesion. Before, he only really cleaned up - now reminds me of Graeme Souness or as close as you can get to a Souness in a contemporary sim.

Less of needing ridiculous amounts of chances to score - after first few games - ratios seem reasonable.

Still have occasional inexplicable passes from byeline back to full back near half way line - rare. Still can't use retain possesion - makes the AI do all sorts of really stupid stuff in the name of said command - it might just be me but yes, retain possesion - but when your suddenly in position with the goal at your mercy - passing it wide is not the correct option - unless your Fernando Torres.

Also, gonna do us a favour and stop crippling players for missing penalties. 1-0 up - pen given to me - missed - no biggy - playmakers rating goes from 6.8 to 6.3 - by half-time 6.2 - encourage him, 10 mins later 5.9 then gives away penalty and gets subbed. He'll now need months off and a full pre-season before he's any use again and you just know he'll miss a penalty in the Community Shield and then ruin my entire squads cohesion when I drop him into the reserves whilst I try and find someone who'll pay 1/4 of his value & 50% of any sell on. This was a pet-hate of mine for a while but I'm pretty sure it was totally fixed by the final 2015 patch - they'd suffer for missing but would bounce back no problem. Before that - you'd have to have your DLP taking penalties so that he got a goal to stop his morale from falling from not scoring even though it wasn't his job and of course the fact he was your playmaker meant when his morale suffered the whole team did - you'd finally get a penalty, he'd miss and you've gone from champions elect to staving of the sack & relegation.

I appreciate everyone's got different thresholds - but there's nothing I've seen so far that game breaking/spoiling for me - that may change once I get promoted and ain't the biggest fish in the pond anymore - if I'm able to set myself up to be hard-to beat without it just becoming a defensive farce I'll be happy and from what I've seen from cup performances against superior opposition, I can and there are no superstars in my team. Q.P.R. Obita, Galloway, Caulker, Bryam with Johnston of Man U originally as Keeper and Sandro doing the souness impression.

Minor gripes and after initial shock at flop of formation - Really enjoying it - and so far bug free.

Pre patch: I was seriously struggling and couldn't seem to make anything work. I was conceding plenty and really struggling to score therefore I gave up hoping the patch may help.

Post patch: I have put together a tactic for my Liverpool save, played 11 games and currently sit 2nd in the table, 1 point behind Arsenal. I have scored 21 goals and conceded 12. The goals I have scored have only been assisted with crosses 6 times. 5 of the 12 goals I have conceded have been assisted with crosses.

I have setup using my favourite formation 4-1-2-3 and so far I am achieving what I wanted i.e. my striker being my main goal threat, closely followed by my left inside forward.

Maybe I'm missing something but I really don't see any glaringly obvious issues with the ME and I am thoroughly enjoying the game so far.

Well here's hoping that the match day team when tackling the issue/s doesn't listen too much to opinions of us guys who play a lot of Fifa and a lot of FM and watch a lot of Match Of The Day and play a bit of football and shape their perception of football around that. They've got football contacts. They're officially linked to Football League clubs. They're working together with coaching academies. There's Prozone. They've got former internationals on their research staff. Don't PR. Put them to use.

Maybe you just got the team talk all wrong or the other team got it completely right? You can't win every match and even good teams have horrible games occasionally. I'd say raise the issue if you keep playing and keep getting destroyed like that. In 2011/2012, Arsenal got thrashed 8-2 by Man United and went on to finish 3rd in the EPL. It's not unheard of.

I'm all for playing the game not totally reductionist, as clearly this is in for a reason. However getting thumbed 0-7 typically points to curious things going on with tactics, and that might be in that single match only, for both sides. Additionally no pep talk has that huge an effect, and it lasts at best a couple of minutes into a half, upon which the match events (goals for/against, refereeing decisions, fouls, missed/converted "sitters") etc.) take over. Off the ball positioning and positioning in generally, that is all 100% tactics, in particular roles and duties (and basic formations). Unfortunately there are people spreading that "everything was just a representation" of "mysterious under the hood calculaction", so they then don't look in a decent cam view and can't make much sense of it. I'd personally be very surprised if this didn't involve anything tactical, provided the side played against wasn't stuffed with class attacking players to boot. Doesn't help that 9 out of 10 tactical downloads for some reason insist on pushing at least 7 players into the opposition area from minute 1 to 90, no matter if it's already 2-0 up or anything.

should I decide to play with WB and W roles, with TI's overlap&exploit the flanks, that not all goals (or 80% of them) will be scored from a cross made by my wingback. Which is exactly what's happening on 16.3. as well.

I was really curious as for your stats, as at the moment I struggle a bit how it's that much crosses making for all the assists. For that you had to artificially limit movement in the centre of the pitch, simply applying those two TI's surely doesn't do?! As human players we can be very creative about it, therefore you don't see any such extreme spreads on AI teams. I had asked whether that actually caused your side to overperform too, mind, just really curious. If that's the numbers from actually 50 matches, that's less than 2 goals overall on average, but then nobody except you knows if that's what expected or not. You can make this a self-fulfilling prophecy having the bulk of assists coming from crosses by channeling all play down the flanks exclusively. If there's nobody to pass to nor support anybody centrally, all play will go out wide. You could have done that before 2016 already.

I don't consider myself to be a FM expert, I typically don't play the game as much as the folks on the forums however for the first time in well over 15 years I've just completed a FM all nighter from 7pm to 7am this morning I plotted, negotiated and masterminded my way through a season with Leicester City.

This game is a masterpiece - The Winter update has sorted out a number of issues and I feel its like the FM of old.

Anyway, I've been a member of this forum since 2003 and I read so many negative comments on this forum that I felt I had to say a massive thank you to all involved at SI.

Oh, one more thing. My wife aint talking to me.

As already stated, the ME is extremely hard to balance, and adjusting this area safely and efficiently within the bounds of the current ME was not a viable option.

Good thing to remember next time we decide to pay for the game, everyone wants to enjoy a product which is not bugged/broken, or at least have the broken things fixed, but this is not done here so SI will lose big with their decisions, good thing we can customize our manager's clothes though !! Really a fantastic change which was crucial for this game to be proper enjoyed by all of us =))) Disgraceful to say the least. What was the point of asking the users to post the bugs in the dedicated section if you can't fix any of them ?

Please cease with the sarcasm, have you read post #350 where Neil explains the decision making behind this?

No, but now i did. Hopefully on the next FM things will improve, sorry for the rant-post.

I'm not sure what "Under Review" actually means, but it was disappointing to load 16.3 this morning and see that this problem has not been fixed.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/450763-UI-Issue-With-Bar-Attributes

Edit: Oh, also. I'd have liked to have seen an option to start in January 2016, like you could with FM14 and previous by loading Brazil as a Nation.

Editedit: And I'd have liked to have seen the player attribute changes affect the original Football Manager 2016 database, so that we can use that if we want to start in Summer 2015 with none of the January transfers.

But it's important for me to add, that I love the update and I'm still getting a lot more fun out of it than before. The above would really just have been unexpected bonuses. Great job, SI! :)

Edit: Oh, also. I'd have liked to have seen an option to start in January 2016, like you could with FM14 and previous by loading Brazil as a Nation.

Do you have USA selected as a playable league? If so you can't select those future start dates, try removing it.

For anyone who had his career changed for better or worse by the last patch... there haven't been any significant ME changes. Well except for the big placebo increase :)

Rubbish! I scored maybe one in three penalties in 16.2, I scored three in a row with 16.3. Gud job SI!!!

thank you!!!!

You're welcome. I remember that last year you could select your leagues without the USA, pick your start date, then go back and add the US, and the future start date would still be there. I haven't tried this on 16 (still playing my beta save) so not sure if it still works.

Some minor issues with the UI:

1) When deleting a scouting assignment by clicking on the red circle, it seems like I have to navigate out of the page then back into it for the assignment to delete.

2) Experiencing some hangups during games when giving individual pep talks.

I do not believe there have been any major changes, I have asked a question in the data thread related to the importance factor (database setting).

What I can say from personal experience is that it would probably have been very difficult for SI to replicate what is a very unique situation without a major overhaul of the transfer AI, certainly not something that could have been done in a few weeks.

Edit: I'm trying some database edits to see if what effect I can have via the various settings available.

Just a minor issue, when being in the training-screen where you can adjust the personal schemes for all players after assigning the first task (f.e. to my GK) the entire order of your squad changes, so, the GK's no longer on top. Every position is mixed up which makes it a bit hard to have a quick overview to see if all my players are on the correct scheme. When trying to adjust it to the original order it doesn't seem to work, no matter what option I click, they'll never be ordered with GK's on top anymore? Also, removing a player from the A-team to the reserves gives me some problems as the player's still visible in the traininglist for the A-team.

Before the new patch this wasn't the case. How can I refix the viewing-order of my players in the training-screen please?

*fixed* Sorry, was too quick, already found it myself. You have to personalise the actual view and there I've moved up the "position" so now I can order them by position.

• Administrators
Wasted time in "Create a Club" designing 3 distinct kits, now home/away/cup matches, it's always the home kit. That was fun.

We're looking into this at the moment.

Can anyone from SI tell me why the issue with your manager not showing graphical attributes when selected in Preferences wasn't changed?

I wouldn't imagine it required a heavy overhaul of the UI, but maybe it was just deemed not important enough to be fixed :(

Hope to see this in FM17 at least. Just started testing out the new update, very excited!

• Administrators
Can anyone from SI tell me why the issue with your manager not showing graphical attributes when selected in Preferences wasn't changed?

I wouldn't imagine it required a heavy overhaul of the UI, but maybe it was just deemed not important enough to be fixed :(

Hope to see this in FM17 at least. Just started testing out the new update, very excited!

Please post this in the UI forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/522

Archived