Football Manager 2016 16.3.0 Feedback Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well my experience with 16.2 was exactly the other way around. Tons of conceded goals from crosses if I didn't press high and tried to soak up pressure instead, even with 2 relatively defensive minded players on a wing.
I didn't say don't press and I didn't say don't have a high line. I said don't have too high a line, especially if you're not putting pressure on the crosser.

Just a thought for those criticising the lack of an update to fix the over effective fullback/crossing issue - there are two places that could be adjusted: in the ME as everyone expects or by rebalancing some player stats. Probably best to play for a while and see if it behaves any differently.

I'm glad they haven't sorted any crossing issues because if they did I would never score any goals considering playing through the middle seems impossible (for me anyway!!) Always a bright side.....

One thing I have noticed since the game came out though is that when you start a new game it asks for a new profile to be made and the "use current profile" button is greyed out. Not a major issue but a little irritating because in previous games profiles were always saved.

So I had 35 key passes in my first match.

Can you provide more detail on each pass that was registered as a key pass? You could have identified a bug in the stat count that warrants further investigation.

In my current save, for the top 5 nations:

England, 1 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback, and he is one of the best fullbacks in the world

Spain, 0 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback

Germany, 2 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback, neither are great

Italy, 0 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback

France, 0 out of top 10 assisters is a fullback.

The German one is strange, but overall there is definitely not some mega issue here.

All leagues on full detail.

You are playing all those league on full detail? That is, if you go to the Bundesliga you can watch every single match? Or do you mean the thing you set at the start of the game?

Because the actual match engine only applies to your own league's matches (unless you specifically change that in-game). I'm pretty sure you don't, because that would take ages to process a week.

Anyway, in my Serie A save 7 of the top 10 assisters are full or wingbacks.

You are playing all those league on full detail? That is, if you go to the Bundesliga you can watch every single match? Or do you mean the thing you set at the start of the game?

Because the actual match engine only applies to your own league's matches (unless you specifically change that in-game). I'm pretty sure you don't, because that would take ages to process a week.

Yes, every one of those leagues is in full detail, as set in-game. I have every league loaded, and the top division of every league in full detail. it's slow, but not that bad.

• Administrators

Just finished a full detail season in Germany playing in the 16.3.0 code. From the top 20 assisters, only 3 are full backs.

And the one ranked highest plays as an attacking full back in a team with three CM's and no width so is constantly playing on the overlap.

I have almost all the leagues in the game on full and I'm getting in England (1), Spain (2), Germany (2) and Italy (3) out of 10 players are fullbacks.

Yes, every one of those leagues is in full detail, as set in-game. I have every league loaded, and the top division of every league in full detail. it's slow, but not that bad.

Alright then, thanks for letting me know!

I seem to recall that Italy makes greater use of tactics that use wing backs as the main threat out wide which would explain the slightly higher frequency.

i think the way defender close down the crosser is wrong he stand off front of him and let the angle supposed to close it open

Thank-you for providing actual feedback, at least I hope this is feedback after playing a few matches after the update.

Last 50 games:

Corner: Scored 4, Conceded 3

Free kick: Scored 9, Conceded 8

Pass: Scored 15, Conceded 4

Cross: Scored 7, Conceded 15

Mistakes: Scored 9, Conceded 3

Through Ball: Scored 17, Conceded 10

Top 10 assists England: 1 Fullback

Top 10 assists Spain: 0 Fullbacks

I see no problems except my poor defence.

Can you provide more detail on each pass that was registered as a key pass? You could have identified a bug in the stat count that warrants further investigation.

ehdxUij.png

There it is. That is surely a bug in stat count. Same thing occurred in 16.2. It seems that ME counts pass that comes before crossing as key pass, which can be seen on ss as key passes on flanks.

I didn't say don't press and I didn't say don't have a high line. I said don't have too high a line, especially if you're not putting pressure on the crosser.

Do you not see that there is something seriously wrong here:

HzNBL8T.jpg

Out of the top 10 top rated players, 5 are fullbacks and only one is from my team

This is my current top rated player, not included in the top 10 because of less games with an average rating of 8.40

xesQdFq.jpg

Something is not right here, don't you think?

This in someway is related to the crossing issue that by no means only affect conceded goals, its nearly impossible to score goals by using passing combinations throught the middle, the vast majority of goals I score or concede is from crosses out wide.

@ Firehouse

Okay, worth adding to any existing bug thread on the subject as more examples can only aid future development.

This in someway is related to the crossing issue that by no means only affect conceded goals, its nearly impossible to score goals by using passing combinations throught the middle, the vast majority of goals I score or concede is from crosses out wide.

It's more than likely related to the Key Passes issue rather than crossing.

• SI Staff

Simulating a season or two to see if some of the issues reported have been dealt with.

Only have all of England and Scotland running - both in full detail. I am unemployed.

In January for the Premier League Bellerin is quite literally running away with assists, double that of second placed Ritchie. However Richards and Coleman are the only full backs to feature in the top 20, joint 11th with nine others.

In the SPL Aberdeen's right back Logan is the top assister with six others making up the top 20 including two at joint third.

The lack of bookings in lower leagues has not been addressed.

@ Firehouse

Okay, worth adding to any existing bug thread on the subject as more examples can only aid future development.

It's only worth adding it if it's going to be fixed. And some of you mods or SI people said earlier that no new updates are coming unless there is game-breaking bug (which this isn't). I know that it could help in developing FM17, but I think I still have 7 or more months of playing FM16, so my main focus is FM16 getting fixed.

• Administrators
Hiya guys, has anyone else managed to start a new network game, I tried just now and says loading new skin but then goes back to the main screen.

Are you running a custom skin? Was this in FM or FMT?

How can you have actually played 50 games already with the new patch with was released just over an hout ago?

Simulating games is hardly an objective measurement.

No. This is my last 50 games before the latest patch. As you can see, I have had no issues with crosses. It looks fine, there's nothing there to fix.

Sometimes the fixes are very minor, so if we had a huge document of 'moved pixel left' for example it'd be a long document! We try and keep it so it highlights some of the more notable fixes rather than every single fix.

Can you show a detailed list of all Match Engine changes? I am curious.

It's more than likely related to the Key Passes issue rather than crossing.

I don't know exactly what it is related to , I do not know the intricate detail on how the match engine works and I don't think I really have to.

These issues have been pointed out for months now and its just a major disappointment that after waiting months for an improvement, nothing at all has been actually done to improve this issue.

First thing i noticed was how much more responsive the UI is.

Less lag after clicking. Faster change from one screen to another.

Quite a bit smoother overall.

Second thing i noticed was the full-back's backpasses to the goalie.

Very often they ended up as a corner. Regardless of whether they were 5 yards away or 20 yards away.

Haven't seen that happen once yet after the update. Granted, i've only played 2 matches thus far but still it's a lot better.

2 matches before the update would see the full-backs creating around 2-4 corners, each match, due to the inaccuracy of backpasses.

Good stuff so far. I'll probably return with more stuff i notice as i keep on playing.

They are linked in the very first post:

MATCH ENGINE

- Stop keepers punching the ball when making a save from a penalty

- Prevent a player from taking a throw in from behind the goal line

- Give more time at the end of the match when a team wins a competition

- Fixed missing commentary for competition win at the end of a shootout

- Fixed throw in issue which caused dead time

Ok also simulated (full-detailed) the the first half of the season. Top-assistmen are: England: 1. Özil (10) 2. David Silva (8) 3. Kevin de Bruyne (8) - Spain: 1. Modric (6) 2. Xabi Prieto (6) 3. Marcelo (5) - Germany: 1. Gündogan (10) 2. Guilavogui (10) 3. Fossum (8). Last one is also a center-mid

There are very few match engine changes apparently, and those changes that have been made appear to be insignificant. Someone I know is playing the game at the moment, and he has confirmed that the match engine is 99% the same.

All i could do is laugh TIR you say they didnt change the crosses. YET you link the same picture you have in the "official feedback 16.2.0" thread. So dont say nothing has changed when your not posting NEW info

In the changelist I can't see the correction for no squad rotation in AI teams.

Have it been corrected?

It would be incredible if not!

I uploaded a billion examples spending a lot of time!

Can someone from SI answer me please?

"For those of you hoping to continue your current save game, as always the update is save game compatible."

Does this mean that I will have the match engine changes in my old save? Only the player transfers will not appear in a old save

"For those of you hoping to continue your current save game, as always the update is save game compatible."

Does this mean that I will have the match engine changes in my old save? Only the player transfers will not appear in a old save

Yes is the simple answer.

Yep, all ME and gameplay changed will be in... data won't be.

Only data issues (obviously) cannot be introduced into your save. Other fixes will be applied, such as the ME fixes.

These are my last 50 matches before this latest patch. As you can see, I have no issues with crosses being too powerful/biased. It looks fine, there's nothing to fix.

Have you looked at the pictures I posted? Does this seem right to you and nothing to fix?

Of course its my tactics , curiously the ai faces the same problem, must be using the wrong tactics.

Archived