FM16 - Fantasy Scottish League system. Need help with some Advanced rules.

demodave

Hi, Not starting a new game until the new patch comes out, and thought i'd create and play a fantasy Scottish League system while i wait. it's something I've been thinking about for a while.

The Idea behind this is that in my Alternate Universe the Scottish FA puts in place some radical changes to help young Scottish footballers prosper, try to end the dominance of Celtic whilst attempting to stop them poaching other clubs talent and keep the season exciting until the end.

I haven't quite worked out how everything is going to work, but Iv'e got most of the framework worked out, but i'm a little stuck with how to do some of the rules and need help.

-In the Top Division I am planning an A-League style playoff to decide the League champions. I want to reward the Playoff winners with the top European place but keep the rest of the euro places decided by the Regular season. Is it possible ad if so how can I do this?

- Again taking cues from Australia I want to put in place a rule that stops transfers between clubs in the same division. I know this was possible in older FMs but I cannot find where it is in the Advanced Rules editor. Is it still possible and can I restrict this to only the top-division?

- I want a EPL style squad selection where teams have to select x amount of players for the season, but players under a certain age can still play. However I want preferably only Scottish players to be allowed. I know how to do the first bit, but cannot find how to restrict it to only Scottish players. British players would be Ok but i would prefer it to be only Scottish.

- How can I force teams to turn Professional once promoted to the "Football league" like in England? And would it screw with Queen's Parks alaways amateur status.

- i've got an idea for Relegation//Promotion into the Football league and i am thinking of using this for all divisions. The Idea is teams from the lower division have to prove they are better then the team they are replacing and visa-versa. It works like ;-

• No automatic relegation or promotion places.
  • Bottom 4 and Top 4 from leagues go into a playoff league.
  • Teams only play fixtures against teams from the other division (home And away).
  • Top 4 go to higher division Bottom 4 go to lower division.

On the final point I know you can make custom fixtures rather then the usual "play each other twice" but I have never done this. How can I do this and make sure they play the right teams. Otherwise the whole point of this type of playoff is defeated.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. Also I might have more questions to ask once I get started. :-)

Archived