Franky's Wing's of Fury Tactic (STEROID ABUSE VERSION) for FM16 (16.2)... plug & play!!

Nothing, not a single tweak.

The key is to bring in the right personnel. Since you don't have any money, they can't be world beaters or wonderkids, but if you focus on certain key attributes, you can assemble a capable team.

I always base my squad building around determination, anticipation, decisions, pace and acceleration. That's literally it, those 5 attributes are all I'm looking for in players. Only after I get some money do I widen that search a bit with other attributes, but the focus remains on mentals and physicals.

Other than that, you need to pay attention to their footedness (IFs with inverted foot) and PPMs (for example, CMd is a holder, he can't have PPM "gets forward whenever possible").

Would be great if you could do a detailed write up. I'd happily edit the original post and credit you for it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, it's really not that complicated.

Squad building is immensely important, as you can imagine.

Attributes

Some people use in-game recommended attributes for each role/duty, but those contain a lot of unnecessary, secondary attributes which only make more difficult for you to find players.

I focus on Determination, Anticipation, Decisions, Pace and Acceleration for ALL players, roles, duties, positions. The first three are vital for me so that players are determined (eh) and intelligent on the pitch. Even if they're technically poor, I want them to be able to read the game well and react accordingly. The last two, regarding speed, are here because this tactic uses Control mentality, meaning we're playing high up the pitch, risking a lot, pressing the opposition. The players just have to be fast.

Now, when searching for players, I filter those attributes depending on the level I'm playing.

For example, when I was playing in Vanarama Conference, I set det,ant,dec to 8, while pac and acc were on 10. As I was going up the leagues, I was upping the filters as well, one point at a time.

In my Getafe save, I started with det,ant,dec set to 10, while pac and acc were at 13. In the following two seasons, I increased those requirements by 1-2 points.

As you get more money and reputation, you can add specific attributes (but not too many!) for specific positions. For example, Strength for centre-backs and CM(d), or Vision for RPM. It just makes sense given what are they supposed to do on the pitch.

Later on I'll add Concentration and Composure into the mix and so on, but those are only when you have enough money to pick and choose. I haven't got to that point in my Getafe save.

If you can't find any players when set up like that, lower the attributes, slowly, one by one until players in player search start popping up.

Hidden attributes

I scout every player I sign because I want to find out their personality and hidden attributes. That means I won't sign players who are injury prone, inconsistent or dread playing important matches. Every positive trait a player has, on the other hand, is just a bonus.

It's far more important to avoid bad traits than to get players with good traits. The exact same thing applies to...

PPM

Here you have to think logically what PPMs would be damaging to your players in terms of what are they supposed to do on the pitch. There are a lot of variables and options, so I can't list them all. I'll try with a few examples.

Your centre-backs play aggressively as is - they can't have "Dives into tackles" on top of already aggressive stance in this tactic

Your fullbacks are supposed to bomb forward - they can't have "Stay back at all times"

Your CM(d) is the holding player, a shield for defence - he can't have "Gets forward whenever possible" or "Gets into opposition area"

Inside forwards are suppose to cut inside to make space for wingbacks - they can't have "run with the ball down left/right" or "hugs line"

That's basically it. I can't guarantee it'll work for you, but I've used this principle to get Gainsborough Trinity from Vanarama North to EPL and CL winners in 15 odd seasons. The same applied to Getafe winning La Liga within 3 years.

My board have announced they are setting up a hospital on the stadium grounds :(

They accepted a bid for one of my DR's, and been effectively playing with one DR for the 2nd part of the season and now he is injured. I have no AMR's due to injury and playing my AMC there with no backup. That leaves me with one AMC with no reserve unless I take a reserve from midfield which leaves me without redundancy there. It's starting to take its toll on me haha. But this is obviously having an affect on the tactic I can only assume.

Here's hoping next season, is a little injury intensive or else it's back to the drawing board for me.

Took over Notts Forest part way through the 18/19 season, they were just above the drop zone - fair to say this tactic was sensational. First few games I couldn't get things working so tested this and it was superb. The results were more comfortable than the scoreline suggests, dominated possession and chances.

I simply moved to overload when chasing goal but only in ten/15 min spells, started with counter in tougher games then control in games I'm expected to win. One loss for the campaign reaching playoffs then winning final. Took a while to get fluid but found it very effective even only when on competent - I think the squad suited the tactic very well which made it easier and Assombalonga was an absolute beast. A full green complete forward for this tactic is essential.

Big test to see if I can get it working in the PL now!

RgNK16.png

Right, it's really not that complicated.

Squad building is immensely important, as you can imagine.

Attributes

Some people use in-game recommended attributes for each role/duty, but those contain a lot of unnecessary, secondary attributes which only make more difficult for you to find players.

I focus on Determination, Anticipation, Decisions, Pace and Acceleration for ALL players, roles, duties, positions. The first three are vital for me so that players are determined (eh) and intelligent on the pitch. Even if they're technically poor, I want them to be able to read the game well and react accordingly. The last two, regarding speed, are here because this tactic uses Control mentality, meaning we're playing high up the pitch, risking a lot, pressing the opposition. The players just have to be fast.

Now, when searching for players, I filter those attributes depending on the level I'm playing.

For example, when I was playing in Vanarama Conference, I set det,ant,dec to 8, while pac and acc were on 10. As I was going up the leagues, I was upping the filters as well, one point at a time.

In my Getafe save, I started with det,ant,dec set to 10, while pac and acc were at 13. In the following two seasons, I increased those requirements by 1-2 points.

As you get more money and reputation, you can add specific attributes (but not too many!) for specific positions. For example, Strength for centre-backs and CM(d), or Vision for RPM. It just makes sense given what are they supposed to do on the pitch.

Later on I'll add Concentration and Composure into the mix and so on, but those are only when you have enough money to pick and choose. I haven't got to that point in my Getafe save.

If you can't find any players when set up like that, lower the attributes, slowly, one by one until players in player search start popping up.

Hidden attributes

I scout every player I sign because I want to find out their personality and hidden attributes. That means I won't sign players who are injury prone, inconsistent or dread playing important matches. Every positive trait a player has, on the other hand, is just a bonus.

It's far more important to avoid bad traits than to get players with good traits. The exact same thing applies to...

PPM

Here you have to think logically what PPMs would be damaging to your players in terms of what are they supposed to do on the pitch. There are a lot of variables and options, so I can't list them all. I'll try with a few examples.

Your centre-backs play aggressively as is - they can't have "Dives into tackles" on top of already aggressive stance in this tactic

Your fullbacks are supposed to bomb forward - they can't have "Stay back at all times"

Your CM(d) is the holding player, a shield for defence - he can't have "Gets forward whenever possible" or "Gets into opposition area"

Inside forwards are suppose to cut inside to make space for wingbacks - they can't have "run with the ball down left/right" or "hugs line"

That's basically it. I can't guarantee it'll work for you, but I've used this principle to get Gainsborough Trinity from Vanarama North to EPL and CL winners in 15 odd seasons. The same applied to Getafe winning La Liga within 3 years.

Wow, that really is an excellent post and better advice than I could provide myself. Thanks a lot and I hope it helps those who take the time to read it. I'm gonna be applying some of it in the write up for the updated version of this tactic (TOTAL DOMINATION VERSION) so thanks again, much appreciated :)

@shirajzl great info dude! I will apply those principles to my current Benfica save and see if I can finally win the damn Champions League!

@Franky. Thanks for letting me vent! :)

You're welcome :lol:

So what is the best match tactics for this? Or do we change per game? Expected to win go att movement, lose/draw then go def positioning?

I assume you mean match preparation. I'm not really sure as I play the Touch version of the game and that doesn't have match prep. Shirajzl should be able to answer this.

Took over Notts Forest part way through the 18/19 season, they were just above the drop zone - fair to say this tactic was sensational. First few games I couldn't get things working so tested this and it was superb. The results were more comfortable than the scoreline suggests, dominated possession and chances.

I simply moved to overload when chasing goal but only in ten/15 min spells, started with counter in tougher games then control in games I'm expected to win. One loss for the campaign reaching playoffs then winning final. Took a while to get fluid but found it very effective even only when on competent - I think the squad suited the tactic very well which made it easier and Assombalonga was an absolute beast. A full green complete forward for this tactic is essential.

Big test to see if I can get it working in the PL now!

RgNK16.png

That is quite remarkable. Not sure why but lots of people have had great success using this tactic with Forest. Anyway, keep us posted on how things turn out in the Premier League.

hey franky whats your squad bro ? can u share ur team pls , especially manu or another good team like manu city

Sorry, missed this post somehow. Here's my team first season.......

FIRST_SEASON_SQUAD.jpg

image hosting without registration

FIRST_SEASON_TRANSFERS_242_M.jpg

host image online

Second season...........

SECOND_SEASON_SQUAD.jpg

free image upload

SECOND_SEASON_TRANSFERS_242_M.jpg

image hosting

I try and spread as much as possible of the transfer fees over 48 months as this allows me to spend way more than the actual budget itself. Also made a couple of mistakes in selling Moutinho and Schweinsteiger as they did well. I only did so because they weren't budging over 8/10 as Roaming Playmakers. Then got in Gundogan for £50m including sign on fees, who is decent but no better than the other two and also stuck on 8/10. In fact, even though I've set his positional training to RPM, he's somehow deteriorated to 7/10. Really don't know how that has happened so I'm now playing him as a Deep Lying Playmaker support, for which he's 9/10. That's the only role change I've made as need every player to be at least 8/10. Bought a few youngsters with potential (Mauri, Hojberg etc) and they are nowhere near as good as Schweinsteiger and Moutinho so I try to play them in the easier fixtures. Marquinhos provides good cover as a wing back, should Darmian or Basta get injured. Even though his crossing rating is only 9, he still manages to get plenty of assists.

Here's my verdict on the players I brought in. You might find this useful if you start a new Man United save........

FIRST SEASON -

Paulo Dybala - an absolute beast and one of the best strikers in the game. Takes longer than normal to settle but a real match winner. Got him in the winter transfer window for £46m..... well worth the money.

Domenico Berardi - very skillful inside forward but starts off fairly slowly and progressively gets better over time.

Jeison Murillo - a steady centre back, does his job well.

Joao Moutinho - solid and very consistent performer who I bought in the January window, then sold in the summer as he was stuck on 8/10 as an RPM. On reflection, selling him was a mistake. Even at 8/10, his performances were very good.

Bernando Silva - similar to Berardi.... both of them good signings for the AMR position.

Dusan Basta - getting on a bit at 31 but did very well in rotation with Darmian. Regularly man of the match.

Faouzi Ghulam - same as Basta. Used him in rotation with Luke Shaw and he's just as good.

Joel Matip - solid centre back and great for attacking set-pieces as he has a jump reach of 18.

Lucas Pratto - versatile and very consistent, did very well either as the striker or inside forward left.

SECOND SEASON.........

Marquinhos - bought him to play centre back but used him more as right wing back due to Basta being out injured for several months. Surprisingly did really well in that position. Got plenty of assists and was defensively better than both Darmian and Basta so good player to have as emergency wing back cover. Cost a packet though at £55m.

Ilkay Gundogan - he's okay without being brilliant. For some reason, even though I have him set to train as an RPM, he drops from 8/10 to 7/10 in that role so I'm now having to use him as a DLP support. Would have been better off sticking with Moutinho I feel.

Jose Mauri - good youngster with great potential. Can play in both central midfield positions, although I'm training him as a central midfielder to do the holding job so rotate him with Schneiderlin.

Jose Gaya - sold Ghoulam to get this guy and he starts off slowly but once settled, he's an excellent wing back and sets up plenty of goals with his fantastic crossing ability.

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg - haven't really played him enough due to fierce competition in midfield. Bought him as an RPM and although he's only 8/10, he's young enough to get to the full 10/10 eventually. I'm overloaded with midfielders in case of injuries but have been quite fortunate there so he's mainly been restricted to coming on as a sub and has done okay but too early to say how good he is.

John Stones - solid centre back. His anticipation to get to the ball first is top notch and he's going to be first choice centre back for many years to come.

Ivan Cavaleiro - good young inside forward left. Brought him in to give Depay and Pratto competition so he hasn't featured much but good prospect for the future.

Hector Herrera - only got him because he's 9/10 as an RPM and he does the job well without being spectacular.

These are my transfers and the only changes I would make if I could go back are to keep Moutinho, in which case I wouldn't bother with Gundogan. Other than that, I'm very happy overall with the transfer activity. Make sure to keep Daley Blind and train him as a central midfielder for the holding role. He comes in handy as an emergency wing back in case of injuries and is a good option on the bench as he can cover two positions. If you bring him on as a wing back, make sure to switch him to support duty.

So which one are you using for United ??

First season, used this one (STEROID ABUSE), won the league with 99 points, just one loss.

Second season, used KILLER THROUGH BALL, winning the league on the last day with 87 points, 6 losses but came up against super keepers far more regularly than the first season.

• 3 weeks later...
First season, used this one (STEROID ABUSE), won the league with 99 points, just one loss.

Second season, used KILLER THROUGH BALL, winning the league on the last day with 87 points, 6 losses but came up against super keepers far more regularly than the first season.

That's interesting, I sort of got the impression the KTB was an improvement, but maybe there's not much difference in it.

I think once you reach the top, the AI teams up a gear against your side, or at least that's how it seems!

Won the league title with the Steroid tactic on the last day thanks to a 6-0 win in final match of season, and Arsenal lost at home. Finished on 86 points, Arsenal second on 83. Sturridge has been excellent, when fit!

Tactic was immense in first half of season (defensively very solid) but seemed to lose our way in second half of season including an awful run of 5-6 matches. Partly due to my fault for experimenting with various things + along with losing Coutinho :(

Have been toying with the idea of using KTB for next season (already working on training some PPMs) but having read the quoted post, I am in 2 minds!

• 3 months later...

I started a save with Sporting Lisbon! I'll update here from time to time. First of all, the pre-season! 5 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses. From all the games, only the one with Everton I didn't had the more chances to score. They deserved to win. On the other matches it was unfair. Mainz, for example, only shooted 2 times and won 0-2 ( FM <3 ).

The season will start with the Portuguese Supercup (Supertaça Portuguesa) against bitter rivals Benfica. Wish me luck! :)

Sem Título.png

IT'S DONE! The Supercup is ours! A game not for the faint of heart! I still can't believe i scored a goal at 120+1' xD

On the penalty shoot-out i was losing by 2 but Rui Patricio with his Euro 2016 stylish defences stopped all those penalties! :D

I'll continue to update!

Sem Título.png

After the Supercup we had 3 League games and the Champions League play-offs versus Leverkusen. 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss (but didn't count for nothing since I advanced to the group stage!). So far so good :)

Sem Título.png

Archived