its official - fm08 is bullsh*t

to clarify

-its my 2nd season, and the board are slightly unhappy, feel i should be doing better and may not offer me a new contract

Whoops, forgot this game starts in 2007. But it's still an excellent season by Liverpool's standards and there could be any number of reasons why the team choked at the end.

Do you use intensive pre-season training for example? Or do you have a lot of youngsters in your first team?

I doubt very much that the board will not offer you a new contract if you're patched up to 8.0.2.

And how many seasons do you play in a save? Is just a small number and then you give up if you haven't won anything? Or do you take the time to shape the kind of team that you want. New managers rarely win things in their first season, both IRL and on FM.

i won the league lol! villa were 2-0 at half time but the latest scores showed 0-0, does that happen often? it finished 2-1 and my match finished 2-0. why did i make this thread? i love this game! Yeeee haaaaa!

Well done! But, man, you're fickle!

I think football manager 08 is tough, yeah sometime its does ur head i.e 400000000 off side goals a season, but in general its pretty good. i won back to back leagues and champions leagues with united them went to milan took 2 yrs and Benzema, Van Persie ,fabregas, Owen, Lulinho and Pato who joins after a yr won 6 out of the next 8 serie A titles by miles and one champions league United had the habbit of kicking the ***** out me ev time i got them in the knock out stages for some reason

Isn't Liverpool's Squad personality described as "Ambitious" or "Very ambitious"? (It is at the start anyway).

With this kind of squad, if you are riding high and then something goes wrong, the very ambitious players will start to lose heart because they fear the club may not achieve their ambitions, leading to a drop in form, or something along those lines...

"Determined" is the best IMO.

EDIT: I wrote this message before you won the league.

well, congrats, you complete mad man.

WAAH WAAH

Im playing as one of the best so called teams in the world and we havent won our own league in over 18 years.

WAAH WAAH My players get injured sometimes

WAAH WAAH my team can only draw with bolton ( Liverpool 0-0 Stoke, Liverpool 0-1 Ipswich, Liverpool 1-2 coventry, Liverpool 0-1 Barnsley, Liverpool 1-2 Barnsley, Liverpool 1-2 Grimsby, Liverpool 3-6 Arsenal )

The reason you wont win the game is because you have a team who are renowned for bottling and who are up their with newcastle fans thinking the club is still big.

Try a team with the potential to win the league such as MK Dons or Wrexham.

Gotta say FM is realistic

I think football manager 08 is tough, yeah sometime its does ur head i.e 400000000 off side goals a season, but in general its pretty good. i won back to back leagues and champions leagues with united them went to milan took 2 yrs and Benzema, Van Persie ,fabregas, Owen, Lulinho and Pato who joins after a yr won 6 out of the next 8 serie A titles by miles and one champions league United had the habbit of kicking the ***** out me ev time i got them in the knock out stages for some reason

Judging by the amount of offside goals you referred to, I'd guess that you aren't fully patched.

WAAH WAAH

Im playing as one of the best so called teams in the world and we havent won our own league in over 18 years.

WAAH WAAH My players get injured sometimes

WAAH WAAH my team can only draw with bolton ( Liverpool 0-0 Stoke, Liverpool 0-1 Ipswich, Liverpool 1-2 coventry, Liverpool 0-1 Barnsley, Liverpool 1-2 Barnsley, Liverpool 1-2 Grimsby, Liverpool 3-6 Arsenal )

The reason you wont win the game is because you have a team who are renowned for bottling and who are up their with newcastle fans thinking the club is still big.

Try a team with the potential to win the league such as MK Dons or Wrexham.

Gotta say FM is realistic

:D

That's one of the most insane posts i've ever read lol.

FM is right up there with pro evolution (and maybe tiger woods) in that they can make you want to kill your family when it starts to go pete tong - thank goodness for support outlets such as this one where people on the edge can receive the councilling they need, keeping the muder suicide rate of europe way below that of other non-footballing countries :)

Archived