Sports Interactive Community
Mr.Connor

need help in controlling my self

i need someway to control my self when playing FM some times reload the save game when lose match i totaly dominat it i know that's the football but really i gone crazy need some advice i need to play without reloading again , i thought to make the save game on one file but the file may be damage for some reason and i'll lose the entire save game

There is genuinely no help for someone with no control...

Just commit to not reloading... a loss is a loss, move on from it.

i tried but with my anger it's very hard the matches i'm underdog it's ok i can accept the matter but the matches i fav for it and losing i can't accept this

What do you do irl when things don't go your way? Just apply that principle & forget about the cheat option.

Small things to try are not saving before games, and saving immediately after them. Just remember that it's only a game, and replaying it will only lower your enjoyment of the save in the long run.

Loop a rubber band over your mousing wrist, and if you make a move to reload the game, pull the band back about 9-12 inches and turn it loose. Each welt will be a visible mark of shame on you...

Just think of how much more enjoyment and satisfaction you'll get by not reloading? I never understood it tbh, where's the fun when you know that you cheated to get a result?

i need someway to control my self when playing FM some times reload the save game when lose match i totaly dominat it i know that's the football but really i gone crazy need some advice i need to play without reloading again , i thought to make the save game on one file but the file may be damage for some reason and i'll lose the entire save game

The satisfaction from not re-loading will be bigger than any cup win you'll EVER have. Start by naming you're save with brackets next to the title. example, (NO RELOADING)

• Start a save where you're underdogs in most of the matches, won't make you feel so bad when losing. And make this dedicated no save before matches no matter what.

• If losing a match, save after! Leave computer and do something else. Come back when mind is settled, (no matter how long it takes).

• If losing matches you should win, visit tactics forum, will probably give you a better understanding why, and not just reloading without doing anything about it..

Did anybody else have to read the OP's message several times to understand what was being said?

Nope, just you I think.

get an in game editor..........cheat get it out of your system, you will soon get bored

and then move on to playing game warts and all:D

Save after a game, don't save before a game. You will soon get annoyed if reloading because you have to process to the next game again.

i used to be like you. now when my team wins or scores i have been the happiest and i've had unparalled joy when i win games when i shouldn't. you should try it too.

to be honest i know how you feel, a lot of the times it was my tactics and what not failing. I always make a save or save after each game because I know i might have to reload again due to bugs still in the game. I am still not happy with what i see in the 3d match engine as the bugs list tell it all. Let alone go have a look and see how many bugs i have posted and are currently under review. So the big question is "do i feel happy about playing the game without reloading it" ? the big question is NO. As much improvement is required.

I know a lot of people are playing the game in 2d mode and they can't see some of the errors i pickup in 3d. You would be amazed, I'm not saying the game is totally faultless. The game is great but there are evident bugs that hamper some games big time which require me to reload. Here is a perfect e.g. of what i'm talking about http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/451061-One-on-one-s-major-graphical-error?p=10702960#post10702960

can't wait for the patch update.

Read a few career threads on the FMCU forum. I used to do it earlier too but having gone through some of the threads, I found that it really feels better to get sacked or go on long losing runs rather than reloading.

Sometimes you have to accept that there's a reason why you didn't win.

If you are dominating games but still end up losing, don't blame bad luck, blame your strikers for not scoring.

Sometimes keepers can have blinding games. It happens IRL all the time.

You will feel much better about the game if you actually think why you lost rather than getting angry and demanding you win every game.

to be honest i know how you feel, a lot of the times it was my tactics and what not failing. I always make a save or save after each game because I know i might have to reload again due to bugs still in the game. I am still not happy with what i see in the 3d match engine as the bugs list tell it all. Let alone go have a look and see how many bugs i have posted and are currently under review. So the big question is "do i feel happy about playing the game without reloading it" ? the big question is NO. As much improvement is required.

I know a lot of people are playing the game in 2d mode and they can't see some of the errors i pickup in 3d. You would be amazed, I'm not saying the game is totally faultless. The game is great but there are evident bugs that hamper some games big time which require me to reload. Here is a perfect e.g. of what i'm talking about http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/451061-One-on-one-s-major-graphical-error?p=10702960#post10702960

can't wait for the patch update.

Do you also reload a game when your team is the beneficiary of one of those 'bugs', or is it only when you lose?

Let alone go have a look and see how many bugs i have posted and are currently under review.

Nit-picking, but just because a bug is under review doesn't mean it's actually a bug. That's why it's "Under Review".

As for the OP, just seems like it would be a pretty tedious way to play the game. No sense of achievement, and winning all the time is just boring. If you have no self control, then there is no helping you.

The thing is, that even if AI has the same tools as us, it can assess all reports, weaknesses, strengths and such things at a much faster pace, and does not need to make 20 clicks to change something, and already knows what each player instruction means, exactly. Maybe a human with lots of experience can do the same, but surely, it is disbalanced for newer players in a way

The thing is, that even if AI has the same tools as us, it can assess all reports, weaknesses, strengths and such things at a much faster pace, and does not need to make 20 clicks to change something, and already knows what each player instruction means, exactly. Maybe a human with lots of experience can do the same, but surely, it is disbalanced for newer players in a way

You can say that about any game. The fact is that the human manager can do a lot more with the same tools than the AI can.

And what's that got to do with save/reloading anyway? Apart from the fact that it's a good example of what a human can do that the AI can't.

Don't cheat. There you go.

not this simple

Yeah, it is. If you don't cheat, you'll probably end up enjoying the game more, which will drive you not to do it again. Or you have a mental issue that means that that isn't possible - in that case, I doubt a Football Manager forum should be your first port of call.

not this simple

Set yourself lower goals. For example, start off as a lower team where expectations aren't that high.

Perhaps finish mid-table, or avoid relegation.

That way, if you lose a game you don't have to reload it.

Set yourself targets, say 1 month without reloading.

Once you get past 1 month, reward yourself with beer, pizza, or however you decompress in the evenings.

Then try get 2 months in the game without saving. Increase your reward each time.

And if you find that you are reloading games - then set a punishment for yourself. Perhaps a time out after you've got the result you want. Punish yourself for 30 minutes of non-game time for every reload.

Or poor a beer down the sink, put a slice of pizza in the bin. Or whatever was your reward - dump a small part of it.

This may seem like odd advice but you should become a baseball fan. 162 games in a season before you even get to the playoffs. There is a saying "Everyone wins 54 games, everybody loses 54 games, it's what you do in the other 54 that matters." Also, simply put, we learn more from losing.

I allow myself one mulligan a season. When I know I can only replay one game I tend to save it, become more forgiving of bad results, and get through most seasons not cheating at all.

What do you do irl when things don't go your way? Just apply that principle & forget about the cheat option.

He's posting this from prison . . .

Nope, just you I think.

You must be used to reading grammatically incorrect sentences then I guess? Congratulations, whish I was gifted like you.

Can we please keep the personal insults and insinuations out of this... it's getting old pretty fast seeing the same old faces derail threads.

Indeed. Either this or accept that you cannot deal with losing, in the end it is just a game, if you feel better with reloading, do so.

Can we please keep the personal insults and insinuations out of this... it's getting old pretty fast seeing the same old faces derail threads.

Are you insinuating I am a regular thread derailer and insulter? If so I would like evidence to suggest this please as I can assure you this is most certainly not the case?

If you cannot find such evidence I would love an apology.

Regards

Are you insinuating I am a regular thread derailer and insulter? If so I would like evidence to suggest this please as I can assure you this is most certainly not the case?

If you cannot find such evidence I would love an apology.

Regards

As Welshace didn't quote you it should be inferred that the post was a catch all rather than being directed at me you specifically.

That being said your reply to Gee was off topic & uncalled for, I will not apologies to you for telling you that.

Pfft. It wasn't even me. Says a lot that you auto-pilot to my name. :p

Try writing a story of your save. Do a commentary of the matches you will soon figure out why you lost those easy games and it will stop happening.

A career update could be a good idea as any save/reloading will be frowned upon, nice call.

Wow, this game really is dangerous lol... I remember when I used to play CM 00/01 all day. Luckily I managed to get through high-school somehow. But I guess it's not far off to say that some sort of FM-ers Anonymous might not seem like a bad idea after all. :)

Mr.Connor try taking a break from the game completely for a while. I dunno, do something else, play something else. After a while you may see things differently. And try to tell yourself that even in IRL things don't always go as planned, as some have also said. I know it's not easy, as I've had my fair share of rage quits (and not just reloading - as I hate this and never actually did it unless a power-outtage of whatever forced me, I mean completely uninstall the game in less than 2 mins, all saves and graphics and everything; then a few days later there I was downloading all those GBs of facepacks again lol...).

All in all, take it easy... I think if you manage a long-enough streak of not-reloading and get a few seasons into the game, that might put things into perspective and you won't get so upset at losing a match or even when you're on a low run. Instead try to focus on the larger picture and get things going on the long term.

Oh, and it might not be a bad idea to stay away from the bug forums for a while. I had a quite long break before getting back to FM (at least a couple of years I think). Then I suddenly felt like playing some and got FM 14 (which was the current one then) and really enjoyed it without ever going on forums to read up on it or anything. All I did was sometimes google for some tactics or tactical advices. That helped, as opposed to FM 15 where I was on the bug forums like a hawk all day and it kind of put me off...

Wow guys, he said thank you in post 15 and people keep ganging up on him. At least he had the guts to come on here and ask for some pointers so that he can get more enjoyment out of the game, and when he did he responded with a thank you.

Don't worry about reloading. Maybe have one save where you let yourself reload and one save with a different team where you don't. I'd imagine you're getting frustrated because your results aren't matching your own expectations of how you should be performing and you feel the pressure of either getting sacked or having to start from scratch.

In other video games, playing a game without reloading is called an 'iron man' save and seen as a challenge, and not the default way to play the game. It's a fun way to play but it's not ideal, especially if you have limited time to play, are still learning the game (or relearning after a while away) or simply can't stand the repetitiveness of restarting a new campaign every time things go wrong.

OP has had plenty of suggestions so I will close this before it degenerates any further and leads to infractions.