Managers Moving into Director of Football

ive seen this idea posted in the past asking for alot of things to do in fm, but id be happy with just basic director of football choirs, cause sometimes i get board with a team and just wanna holiday the rest of my contract, but i think it be cooler and more realistic to move into a temporary director of football role, so they can hire a new manager and i dont get the glory as per say, but responsible for buying and selling players.An example that comes to mind is kenny dalgliesh at blackburn, he won the league then move into director of football, but later went on to manage other clubs again.

So you want to be a director of football? As with any ideas, put it in the wishlist thread, and maybe SI will consider it.

I have to say, though, that I'm not too keen on the idea of 'football choirs' in FM.

Football-Choir.jpg

I assume the word you're looking for in this case is 'chores' rather than 'choirs'. ;)

Like the idea. Sometimes I use the instant result or holiday and just think my self as a director of football, but could be fun with a few tweaks in the game not giving you glory for wins another staff member get. Also I use my Assistant to do the press talk before league games, but the journalist always refer to me and I get news about that I say all kind of stuff even when I was not there. It seems the game mix up quite a lot who is doing what and all glory go to the manager. Its the same with all players like you and you get sacked. no one says anything. The game can look like a bit of an empty shell in some situations, where you can do a lot, but with no impact at all

If you prefer the "administrative" part of the manager role and don't care about the coaching part, leave as much as possible to your assman and use an instant result skin. That way you can just focus on squad building...

Archived