Sports Interactive Community
brid81

FM touch on windows store

Are there any plans to bring FM touch to Windows store,so the same touch version that's on App Store and google play basically,so the game cud be played with finger swipes etc on a Microsoft surface 3

No. The full version of Football Manager/FM Touch is supported on the Surface.

I am playing on my Surface Pro 4 and the experience is awesome. Football Manager Everywhere :applause:

But there are various small Windows tablets that, while they can run the full game via Steam quite easily (I have an 8 inch Windows tablet myself that runs relatively fine), the game experience and battery life would be much better with a dedicated Windows Store game.

Sadly, it appears SI vehemently refuse to develop for Windows for whatever reason. I had a debate with Miles on Twitter about it last year and he failed to give a valid reason and was pretty rude about it I'm sad to say. I love FM and SI as a company so I will continue to play/buy their games, but I and many other would welcome a Windows Store version of the game.

I'm sure they will have had many requests for it, and it's not like its hard to develop for either. With the new Windows 10 codebase apps and games can be ported to the Windows Store with ease.

Yes Aaron i know it is supported,but I tried it on a friends surface 3 and it took an age to start running the game,this may be different on the pro 3 but as a tablet is far too big

Unless im mistaken there is no on screen keyboard support on the windows version though, is there?

Unless im mistaken there is no on screen keyboard support on the windows version though, is there?

Believe you would need to tap the keyboard icon in the start menu to enter text.

There is no support for it in so far as gesture support, tapping a text field will bring up the keyboard though.

There's no Windows Store retail version because currently it doesn't make sense to do so, as Steam is currently the supported platform for desktop OSes, users of Windows 10 can still access and purchase to download the game to play. Thanks.

Believe you would need to tap the keyboard icon in the start menu to enter text.

There is no support for it in so far as gesture support, tapping a text field will bring up the keyboard though.

There's no Windows Store retail version because currently it doesn't make sense to do so, as Steam is currently the supported platform for desktop OSes, users of Windows 10 can still access and purchase to download the game to play. Thanks.

What about the 7 and 8 inch tablets that have lower specifications but still run full Windows? It would be much better performance and battery wise to run a native Store app for these devices.

What about them? The ones I believe you are referring to are underpowered. They are media consumption devices, not handheld tablets for games. If you are looking for the game in that form factor then I'd suggest trying FMT on Android/iOS.

What about them? The ones I believe you are referring to are underpowered. They are media consumption devices, not handheld tablets for games. If you are looking for the game in that form factor then I'd suggest trying FMT on Android/iOS.

They are just as powerful and in some cases even moreso than their Android and iOS counterparts. It just doesn't make sense to me to cut off a potential boost in playerbase.

They are just as powerful and in some cases even moreso than their Android and iOS counterparts. It just doesn't make sense to me to cut off a potential boost in playerbase.

The requirements for a Windows FMT version are vastly different to what can be done for Android and iOS. The tablets you are referring to - the ones using Intel Atom Processors with integrated graphics - are vastly underpowered what is required for a Windows version of the game. There is no cutting off of the player base, the Steam platform is freely available to these users so they can still access and buy the game (if their device meets the minimum spec of course).

Thanks.

What about the 7 and 8 inch tablets that have lower specifications but still run full Windows? It would be much better performance and battery wise to run a native Store app for these devices.

First off all: no offense.

I cannot imagine there are enough 'consumers' that have a 7 or 8 inch tablet running windows, AND! that want to play FMT. So i understand that they didnt developed an app for these consumers.

Tablets with 7 or 8 inch screens and run windows are not sold that much.

Besides that! You like to have a smooth running, big database FM version in my opinion. That makes the game more fun! To find that special player. Please upgrade :)