Sports Interactive Community
zeeriboy

£0 release clauses

I've just got FM16 and for the first time ever, there are £0 release clauses. I'll start a new game with any team, and soon enough I'll get a piece of news saying an offer of £0 has been accepted for a player. Has something gone wrong in my game or what?

Edit: For example, I just started a game with Liverpool, and Tiago Ilori, Balotelli and Mignolet all have this... and on their contract screen, they have active every possible contractual clause... and each value is £0.

What version of the game are you playing? The version number is found on the Game Status or About Football Manager options under the FM menu.

Also, are you using any custom league files or other database edits?

16.2, and yes, I forgot to say I am using the Susie transfer window update. But said update has never added such horrible clauses to contracts before.

What's the full version number? It will be 16.2.x (xxxxxx)

As for the update you should check with the file creator, it will likely be an error they've made & have since rectified.

The version number is 16.2.0 (750447). I'm going to try reinstalling the update, and also try starting a game with the files turned off to see if that does anything.

Thanks for the heads up, Barside. I turned off the update files and the clauses from hell had gone. The only thing I'm wondering is how this only seems to have affected me. No-one else seems to have have reported the same problem, not even on the Susie forums.