Some Amateur's Unemployed Thread (expect shenanigans)

tastaiwan

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CJt8TRw.png

November 2022

j6WgBP9.jpg

This is a Braintree save now. There is no denying or avoiding it, I'm in too deep. I hope everyone following my story likes Braintree because unless a different club takes initiative to give me an interview I'm staying here forever.

Kvehq8R.jpg

Good month. I think we could have done better but we had some really solid games if you ignore that Whitehawk is in the relegation zone.

w9eSmRc.jpg

We're over halfway through the season and we're still near the top, so I think I can breathe a sigh of relief and it's not a fluke (fingers crossed).

CJt8TRw.png

December 2022

p9TZ9jw.jpg

Streaks. All sorts of them.

0GUwSr6.jpg

We're keeping our playoff spot, so...success there. We've surpassed Nuneaton in ability in 3-4 years, so I feel like I have some degree of progress.

edOS8vo.jpg

My guess is Hazard, Ronaldo and Messi all retired.

5rpErKT.jpg

Ditto.

0TW9WSN.jpg

CJt8TRw.png

January 2023

JXMOfuE.jpg

8gZ8ZXr.jpg

This guy is keeping us alive. I hope he wins Braintree player of the season because he has been great so far.

auB7VAU.jpg

:(

Two new loanee signings.

4sPls03.jpg

This guy is replacing Ben Barclay. He's super solid and I'm excited to have him.

IQvqvJK.jpg

Joe Muscatt is trash, so I needed someone to bring in on short notice.

CJt8TRw.png

February 2020

0oO8Gt3.jpg

We need to turn up.

ulwvwCe.jpg

I'm just going to put this from now on because it gives a really nice overview and you can learn quite a bit about how we're doing from it as well as what's coming up.

4gO0ULu.jpg

:brock:

If you were paying attention on the overview...

Xx5L0ac.jpg

ofymNCH.jpg

I hope this boosts my reputation in the coming future.

CJt8TRw.png

March 2023

That was short-lived. I don't like managing two countries at once, so I left Holland after...three days? Plus for some reason it was slowing down the game speed. It screwed up my subscriptions though...

aoUU7d4.jpg

KXdYKAw.jpg

It was in our grasp *sob*

How's Zarbano getting on? Would expect him to tear up the league after settling.

He's been playing in the shadow of Kyle McFarlane. McFarlane is a beat and he's the one scoring the goals. To be fair, Zarbano has 8 goals and 2 assists, but that's against 24 goals.

1U35shK.jpg

His determination is impressive though.

h80jio5.jpg

If I had to describe it, they've been having a great time since I left... :D

I think I'm going to leave Braintree when my contract expires in 2024, I want a fresh start somewhere else. I'm also considering staying until we get into Sky Bet League 2 and staying one year to try and solidify the position, then moving on.

CJt8TRw.png

April 2023

There's one game left of the season, but I haven't played it yet for a couple of reasons. Let's take a look at our form in the final month.

8UcrEyo.jpg

We went from bottling it to having it all on the line. We've gone on a fantastic run of form and even got into the promotion zone in the game before Bromley, but then...they showed us the door. We've bottled it twice this season, but it's not over yet.

YuTpb6U.jpg

There are three, possibly, but unlikely, four, teams fighting for that final spot. This has got to be one of the most important games Braintree has ever had, and we play against bottom of the table Oxford City. We're pretty good at bottling things though. However, there's one more thing.

NaBONz2.jpg

This is the first time this message has had a real effect on me. What a game to reach a milestone! I'll update soon.

Yeah, but I'm also finding Braintree going stale. I barely get any money, all my progress comes from offloading anyone under 3 stars and bringing in four stars every summer, but I'm struggling to find players. I don't have money to get coaching badges or to become professional. I'm approaching the end of May and I'm tempted to resign and get a change of scenery. What are your thoughts?

I've experienced this feeling of stagnation a couple of times on this FM, each time things got better as the team got going with time. From my experience you should definitely give it another season, after that you'll know what to do.

CJt8TRw.png

May 2023

Maybe I should go small and bold...

Anyway,

BKIphDE.jpg

It would have really sucked had I won despite not getting the playoff...

vCKGMGc.jpg

Why is Corne over Sambou? Where is Alex Bass? So many questions...

SpI5yHH.jpg

When your starting AML doesn't make the team of the season it's time to get rid of him.

rYZMnaS.jpg

Bye! :D

AbuRVnk.jpg

We have him for another year!

hQHVgCQ.jpg

Remember this guy? Yeah, we got him.

CJt8TRw.png

June 2023

uky9ahx.jpg

With that, I just need to bring in a left back and we'll be ready to take on the league!

mW1CEgt.jpg

I- Is that West Brom?

E3tQQKJ.jpg

Oh ffs, I can't get a break.

wmhWWUu.jpg

We got a new chairman....I didn't notice until they told me we have a new chairman. No transfer embargo, nothing.

It seems like the returning theme is I can't find a single capable left back. Sheldrake, Melbourne, Muscatt, Hill, all underwhelming. We really struck lucky with Campbell-Young on the right, but left backs seem impossible to find I'm considering not playing with one and bringing in another DMor DC or just playing with Ashley Park

CJt8TRw.png

August 2023

XCMyjbI.jpg

We got our left back, which means I've finalized my starting squad.

nMZC0si.jpg

Don't ask. Now all I need to do is bring in bodies to cover all the positions.

UMW3A7m.jpg

A left midfielder. I can move the wide midfielder to the other side and just shift Doran over. He's very good and still on a backup contract, which is great.

rRd6LKX.jpg

I was so close, I desperately needed a wide midfielder sub, but with Bissaka I cancelled it.

Bp3ljIN.jpg

No other backup options. He's back.

K94CHjD.jpg

Not good.

cW7B8Qm.jpg

CJt8TRw.png

November 2023

ia27Bl5.jpg

He wanted first team soccer...that's not how this system works. I guess that's what I get for having a good player as a backup.

4Lh6mFm.jpg

I actually need left backs so this guy is gonna get a few games before he fades back into obscurity. It's my last season anyway.

LvAmRXJ.jpg

We got a lot of top 3 this month. Zarbano nails one home with a few great performances.

C6JjH1h.jpg

Hazeldine also does great. I got this guy on a free...

bfZou4D.jpg

Corne has been seeing the field a lot because Sambou keeps getting called off to international duty.

uZnYPE2.jpg

I love third.

fEznai4.jpg

We beat McDonalds in the first round against all odds.

l4rFaU4.jpg

[/center]

-180 in the transfer fund? Are they expecting you to kick in? :D

I would actually love it if FM added a feature where I can put my money into the club because I would. Right now. But then they'd have to integrate living, food, transportation, etc. expenses to give you a realistic sum of money.

I would actually love it if FM added a feature where I can put my money into the club because I would. Right now. But then they'd have to integrate living, food, transportation, etc. expenses to give you a realistic sum of money.

I'd settle for them allowing you pay for your own coaching badges, like your staff can.

March 2024

LIL1o5J.jpg

You know what? Not bad. We won a few games, we lost a few games, and in the end we are keeping our spot. My problem with that is we are barely any points of 6th and 7th but we keep dropping points then coming back.

ZnebuRw.jpg

Hazeldine with 33 goals...in other news Sambou has three or four red cards this season and like 7 suspensions. I've tried fining him but he cried.

wVmOeZV.jpg

qEjOpG7.jpg

umXwwZV.jpg

Recently promoted and demoted from the top league, we have a load of money and I want to use it to my best ability.

o6sUmT8.jpg

Woah there, what happened to the finances recently?

CZRhKJG.jpg

CRJgglU.jpg

We have a shocking lack of defenders. I think I'll be playing a 4-2-2-1-1 DM with a 4-1-4-1 DM as a backup.

qEjOpG7.jpg

Su- Su- Su- Summertime, Summertime Madness

The entire team left the club. It helped the finances a lot and I have 600k or so spare wages, but I need to build a team from scratch, and thankfully I'm getting very close to an end result.

hBtFbzB.jpg

Two center-backs and a midfielder and we'll be ready to go.

J6em0WQ.jpg

This is a thing? I can create another team??

B9q6esr.jpg\

Arsenal doing what Arsenal does. :(

OjD8OMw.jpg

By the way Luis Suarez plays for Monaco now...

qEjOpG7.jpg

Preseason 2024/2025

2TzGWFn.jpg

With squadbuilding complete, here is my starting squad. Standouts are French goalkeeper Quentin Duveau, Scottish center back Tom Aldred, 19 year old superstar Marko Jovanovic, and Dean Rittenberg, I think another from the British Isles. I got really close to bringing in a 24 year old Serbian center back with Leading OTB Bank Liga potential, but it would have overloaded my squad with contracts expecting first team football.

Euro Cup

yWIbbft.jpg

0NJW0kQ.jpg

9xBOutL.jpg

Other than Norway and Czech Republic in the quarter final, nothing interesting. Germany did what Germany does.

Yqno3D4.jpg

Top notch preseason! :D

qEjOpG7.jpg

August 2024

wsi0Pkn.jpg

We've dropped off but I want to turn that around. Maybe I shouldn't have signed Miguel Pérez...doesn't fit the formation.

YeeoRxJ.jpg

Bleodpv.jpg

Olimpija came in and I said no, and he complained. I offered him back out and he's gone. Miguel Pérez will take his position.

2Ls7I0k.jpg

Backup.

5oCvAq8.jpg

I discovered this beauty, Director of Football offers players. Holy crap this saves so much scouting.

Cn7vCjR.jpg

October 2024

cCQGA2G.jpg

I don't know what is happening in the league but it needs to stop. I can't comprehend what's happening, the stats show for every single game, even against the OTP Bank Liga side, that we dominate in shots, shots on target, possession, etc., but our team is absolutely trash at putting it in the net, and it doesn't help that our only left back was injured for a month and a half (should have covered that position in transfer season). This is turning out to be a disaster.

wWpPShg.jpg

December 2024

N7GMKfh.jpg

He's getting really, really annoying, keeps wanting play time. Yes, he has potential. No, he's not useful right now. He has a backup contract, he shouldn't be giving me this problem.

QQLuCi7.jpg

I don't need a right winger anymore.

s7f3diI.jpg

0O5dh81.jpg

No regens yet.

January 2025

A lot of news, actually, despite only having two games, both friendlies.

jgJTDfC.jpg

Our second striker leaves, I didn't think he was good enough to make the cut, so on the flip side we bring in another player.

BQb7wd3.jpg

It's a massive wage, and I realized too late that too afford him we got him on end of contract so he's coming in the summer, but I think he's worth it.

zm8DyBM.jpg

He's looking good stat wise.

soNrxkH.jpg

His history suggests something very tasty. But of course we still need another striker right now so...

DBx7833.jpg

We also bring in a hot prospect for the future at right back, I was going to keep him as backup but he's been loaned out.

7AApq7o.jpg

IKW8Fa9.jpg

We've also let the Scotsman go, he's just not good enough, but I am still hot on the trail for a replacement.

hO2Omst.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I took a little time off and I'm ready to post a bit more. I've played a few seasons but forgot to take screenshots, so I'll have to fill everything in verbally. Next time I take a break and play I'll have to remember to take screenshots :D I'll post later tonight when I have my save open. I've made one mistake in leaving a club when we were doing so well that I literally couldn't go anywhere better. But the past is the past, and I've taken on another club that I want to stay with until I'm sacked or get an interview. More on that later.

Alright, so I got fired from Siofok in March, so I holidayed until the summer and then took over Mafra in the Segunda Liga in Portugal. They were in 18th, one spot away from relegation, and I fancied taking them somewhere new. With a few additions both season, I got 10th place in 2025-26 and won promotion with 3rd place in 2026-27 (Benfica CB won the league). Of course, being the idiot I was, I didn't stay with the team and decided to split, hoping my achievements would prompt someone to bring me in. It didn't happen. So I went to a team at about an equal standing as Mafra was when I took them, Admira Wacker Mödling, who I think just got relegated from the Tipico Bundesliga. I've been in first place for most of the season, but recently we've hit a bad patch of form because our only but capable DM is injured for a month or so, so now we're in 3rd. I will update starting from there at the end of the coming month, starting with the squad and tactics.

March 2028

Yeah sorry to jump in on you this late but it will be an avoided issue in the future. I'll probably just continue with the short posts

Squad

Our two best players in one way or another are leaving us at the end of the season, so that'll be interesting. I also want to call to attention this one field we played on this month, it looks very strange...

Field

Yeah we won that game 6-1, all we had to do was play wide and exploit those flanks.

Fixtures So Far

We've been having a good time so far, especially our last game, the 6-1 win I mentioned. Our DM just returned from injury.

Overview

We are barely on top of it all but I hope to stay there until the end.

April 2028

s6mAqAO.jpg

I don't know what it is but a lot of the recent games have been really low scoring games. We started the season with 13 goals in the first four games, but things have really calmed down.

Overview

I don't know why it says our finances our insecure, they look great to me.

LtX6A6r.jpg

Luka Milinkovic

A while back I sold a really good player for a lot of money and he's been depressed ever since, he thinks the new right winger, Lambert, isn't good enough. Maybe the game doesn't consider loan players as "bringing someone in better"? I'm worried that he won't want to sign a new contract so I'm cashing in.

Archived