Sports Interactive Community
Thunder88

AI teams accepting much lower bids from other AI teams

This is very frustrating and to an extent it ruins games personally for me...

I am currently Real Sociedad and was on the lookout for a new striker who i can rotate with my current striker...

I saw that Fernando Torres had returned to Milan and wasn't wanted,so i put in an offer to loan him as he would be perfect for what i need,the only stumbling block was his huge wages as he was on £175,000 a week and my board would only allow me to offer £50,000 a week....Milan refused saying they want the wages paid in full...so obviously i walked away...

Only a few days later (in game obviously) i get an item pop up saying Torres has signed on loan with Zaragoza and they are paying him £17,000 a week in wages...

So Milan refused my 50k but accepted 17k instead :rolleyes:

If i was a rival or some kind of threat to Milan then fair enough but i'm neither and i'm also a Milan supporter on my profile,so how does this even make sense?

I was offering him first team football just as Zaragoza have too,so it wasn't as if i was gonna be wasting him...plus Milan don't want him anyway.

Why would they accept such a big difference in wages?

Rant over...but this is so frustrating when he was a player i was very keen on,yet he's joined a team much lower than me for much less....:mad:

Perhaps it was a loan to buy promise at the end of the season?

Maybe they "only" paid £17k a week wages but offered a lump sum as a monthly loan payment - usually at the bottom of a loan screen it says "club wants £X a month contribution" it doesn't always say how -

The other club may have offered the "other" £158k a week as a monthly loan fee to avoid busting the wage budget?

Go to Torres' history and see if there is a fee attached to the loan. If there is no payment, it will just say "Loan", otherwise something like "Loan - £3m".

There would have been nothing stopping you from structuring the loan deal that way. You could have paid 50% of Torres' wages directly and 50% to Milan as a monthly fee and I assure you they would have accepted; the game just looks at the total monthly contribution, regardless of proportions.

There is no explaining this, these suspect transactions happen throughout fm16, top players being sold in their prime for below market value to other AI teams while you are refused the same price and often a much higher price.

You're saying there's no explaining this, but above two users have offered a potential explanation?

If the AI get a player cheaper than someone else (be it the AI or the user) there will always be a reason. If you don't think there is, raise it as a bug on our buys forum we can look at the save and tell you the reason if it's not obviously clear.

Thanks.

You're saying there's no explaining this, but above two users have offered a potential explanation?

If the AI get a player cheaper than someone else (be it the AI or the user) there will always be a reason. If you don't think there is, raise it as a bug on our buys forum we can look at the save and tell you the reason if it's not obviously clear.

Thanks.

And what reason would that be? Because in all my many saves Martial gets sold in his prime for below market value, he is always happy when this happens. United are in the Champions League when this happens, he is playing regularly. Another thing is players ask for higher wages when discussing contracts with the player when compared to the AI. Turning down moves if you decline outrageous and unrealistic contract requests. HOWEVER if you let your chairman handle negotiations they often accept a contract HALF the value they asking you for. Example: I tried to buy Thiago Maia in my second season from santos. His salary is peanuts there (something like 5k a week). He wants 95k per week from me plus a massive bonus; anything less he declines. If i let my chairman or director of football handle contract discussions I get him for 42k a week. I had to change to this method to sign a majority of my players in the early years of my save: Jorge, Jovic, insert Serb wonderkid GK name, Zikovic, Tielmans, Balic....etc Is there a particular reason for this too?

AI behavior is in my opinion of low quality in the game. I will not seek to explain it, for I am not qualified to do so.

Relationships with managers and, as other posts say, offering fee instead of full wage has an impact. Assuming you have the transfer money to cover the fee, there shouldn't be any they wouldn't accept your offer.

No ok. I see your second point about wages - but have you looked at the contract your am/dof offered? He might well of demanded £95k a week from you, but accepted "only" £42k from them, but was the contract for the same length? Any Bonuses topping it up? (App fees etc) bonuses for team of the year/goals? Sell on percentage?

That £42k that he accepted, probably won't be after any bonuses, and if he has a % - that's usually a couple of million when he's sold, so although it may look like he's accepted a reduced contract, after any/all is taken into account, he's probably got a lot closer to the £95k he wanted than you realise...

It's pretty much the exact same answer to the first question, you might see united accept a bid that's say £15 million under the asking price, but again, hidden (to human users) clauses that all add up, so the bid you see would be £30 million - but the 'hidden' clauses that you can't see (int apps, goals, sell on etc) could be that extra £15 million that you/I/us see as an undervaluation..

I'm sure we'd all like to see a "true value" for each transfer so we can dispense the eternal conjecture.Maybe one for the suggestions thread?

This is constantly happening to me. I posted this in the feedback thread but ofc people found 500 ways to defend the game.

Quite often I get a message in my inbox that someone from my shortlist is wanted by another team. They bid for example 10m + 5 in addons. I want to hijack the deal and offer 15 straightaway (or even 17) which is a much better deal for the selling team. However they would negotiate and demand 25+10.

And what reason would that be? Because in all my many saves Martial gets sold in his prime for below market value, he is always happy when this happens. United are in the Champions League when this happens, he is playing regularly. Another thing is players ask for higher wages when discussing contracts with the player when compared to the AI. Turning down moves if you decline outrageous and unrealistic contract requests. HOWEVER if you let your chairman handle negotiations they often accept a contract HALF the value they asking you for. Example: I tried to buy Thiago Maia in my second season from santos. His salary is peanuts there (something like 5k a week). He wants 95k per week from me plus a massive bonus; anything less he declines. If i let my chairman or director of football handle contract discussions I get him for 42k a week. I had to change to this method to sign a majority of my players in the early years of my save: Jorge, Jovic, insert Serb wonderkid GK name, Zikovic, Tielmans, Balic....etc Is there a particular reason for this too?

AI behavior is in my opinion of low quality in the game. I will not seek to explain it, for I am not qualified to do so.

Could not agree more. Transfer system is way below par IMO. Huge wages and signing on fees ruin it to a degree for me. Unrealistic demands from 18 & 19 year olds who are at lower rep clubs are infuriating.

Seems like the old SI template response 'If you don't think there is, raise it as a bug on our buys forum we can look at the save and tell you the reason if it's not obviously clear'.

If you have evidence that contract demands are too high then the best thing to do is post in the bugs forum with real world & in-game examples.

We ask this because just saying the figures are too high cannot change anything, SI base the values on knowledge of the real world which is in part based on feedback from footballers who are asked to test the game.

This is constantly happening to me. I posted this in the feedback thread but ofc people found 500 ways to defend the game.

Quite often I get a message in my inbox that someone from my shortlist is wanted by another team. They bid for example 10m + 5 in addons. I want to hijack the deal and offer 15 straightaway (or even 17) which is a much better deal for the selling team. However they would negotiate and demand 25+10.

The other offer might have included clauses that wouldn't show up there, such as sell-on fees or wage contributions. You might have a worse personal relationship with whoever handles their transfers. Or they might perceive you to be a richer side and therefore attempt to fleece you for more money, sensing an oppourtunity. As has been said if you think there's a bug, upload it, but in all likelihood there's a reason you're simply not privy to.

When it comes to contracts i think you need much more cleverness (not saying you are dumb, ok?) in negotiating. I always get lower wages than asked, because you cannot only see a pay wage in salary terms.

For example, i always raise the loyalty bonus, number of years in the contract, add bonus for achieving certain number of goals. If they are defenders i also raise the goal bonus to very appealing sums. In general, you have to make him consider on signing using clauses that normally they will not achieve.

Now transfers is another issue, in which i totally agree with you, the AI gets very good business that we simple get rejected. And if it is a bug, like SI says, its on the game for years.

I think the issue is that we don't understand why they have accepted the other contract - I don't believe the AI is cheating/has an advantage. It would be good if we could see the full contract of other players (bonuses etc), or give more feedback as to why the player didn't sign and chose the other club (they love the manager/wanted to live there etc).

In Fm13 I had Luke James as a striker who I offered a new contract but I couldn't meet his demands , he eventually moved on a free and settled for what appeared to be much less than I was offering at a lower rep club - I just wanted to know why!!