Sports Interactive Community
TQ13PS

Window Mode or Full Screen

I currently play FM16 in windowed mode and everything runs fine, however when playing the matches the laptop sounds like it's about to take off and the heat from the fans is pretty warm. Should this be cause for concern or is there anything I can do to reduce the pressure on the laptop.

You mean that this does not happen if you run FM in full screen mode? That's a bit odd. Although it's not unheard of that some programs behave differently when switching between those two modes of viewing.

Anyway; monitor your internal temperatures with adequate software - I recommend HWinfo64. It monitors pretty much everything going on inside your pc. Depending on the precise make and model of your processor, but if you see constant temperatures above 80c in your processor cores while playing, that's not good in the long run, but not a cause for immediate alarm. If you see up to 95-100c, that's not good at all. If that's what you see, you should open your laptop and clean out the dust and grime inside thoroughly, because that is usually the cause of excessively high internal temperatures. And probably why your fans needs to work very hard to get rid of the heat.

Edit: FYI, I play in windowed mode too, but haven't noticed that the processor needs to work harder because of it. There's no change from playing in full screen as I can see, except that I find it more pratical to play windowed.

You mean that this does not happen if you run FM in full screen mode? That's a bit odd. Although it's not unheard of that some programs behave differently when switching between those two modes of viewing.

Anyway; monitor your internal temperatures with adequate software - I recommend HWinfo64. It monitors pretty much everything going on inside your pc. Depending on the precise make and model of your processor, but if you see constant temperatures above 80c in your processor cores while playing, that's not good in the long run, but not a cause for immediate alarm. If you see up to 95-100c, that's not good at all. If that's what you see, you should open your laptop and clean out the dust and grime inside thoroughly, because that is usually the cause of excessively high internal temperatures. And probably why your fans needs to work very hard to get rid of the heat.

Edit: FYI, I play in windowed mode too, but haven't noticed that the processor needs to work harder because of it. There's no change from playing in full screen as I can see, except that I find it more pratical to play windowed.

Thanks for that, I'll check out the download and out what the laptop is running at.

Don't think windowed/full screen will make much difference to this. The fans usually kick in when the processor/graphics card are getting too hot. It happens, especially on FM. The question is, how hot. It's not something to worry about on the face of it, and most laptops will switch themselves off before heat can do any proper harm to anything. Obviously it should never get that far though.

my fm 17 screen is not on full screen  i can still see the menu bar at the bottom, anyone got any suggestions  , it should be the whole screen

On 12/02/2017 at 23:31, Jbrookes7 said:

my fm 17 screen is not on full screen  i can still see the menu bar at the bottom, anyone got any suggestions  , it should be the whole screen

You probably have the windows bottom bar locked.  Right click on the bottom bar and click properties, just think from there you can uncheck lock bar, can't remember if this is exact as I'm writing this from memory

So here we are, the end of season update. I left you with my ageing Sheffield Wednesday squad just sitting in 6th, with 4 teams going for that final play off spot. Here is what happened next:

image.thumb.png.8e903e89c8a12233691c93357b15554f.png

Despite getting a good win against Preston, we completely crumbled for the end of the season. A mixture of me not believing in my squad, over thinking things tactically and changing too much cost me, although I really do believe getting in to the top 6 with my very slow and old squad was a big ask anyway.

image.thumb.png.9dbdb4eebcdc1269da4286d87c905c29.png

So we finished in 9th place, 6 points off the play offs. When you look at the losses we had at the end of the season, with 1 of them being against Norwich who finished in that 6th spot, we really were closer than 9th suggests.

We started amazingly, had a massive dip in form and then could never really recover.

I could sense half way through the bad run that we may not be able to get out of it, but as the morale had improved with the players I decided to chance my arm and ask for a new contract. Despite being initially knocked back, the board agreed and I've officially signed a 2 year extension. So despite not making the play offs, as of now, I still have a job and they have given me £3.5m to work with next season.

I was planning on doing a big remodelling job, but with the lack of funds, It's going to take some major wheeling and dealing to sort this squad out.

UP THE OWLS

32 minutes ago, smplfc123 said:

So here we are, the end of season update.

Think you meant to be in a different thread in a different forum :)