Why can't I arrange a testimonial

Hugo Lloris has just completed 10 years at Spurs. He's still my first choice but that may change this season. I wanted to give him a testimonial this summer in case he's phased out and I end up offloading him. I'm sure there used to be a prompt to arrange a testimonial but this hasn't come up. I've tried arranging a friendly but the 'use for testimonial' box is greyed out. Anyone got any ideas if it's bugged or if there's something I can do.

Hugo Lloris has just completed 10 years at Spurs. He's still my first choice but that may change this season. I wanted to give him a testimonial this summer in case he's phased out and I end up offloading him. I'm sure there used to be a prompt to arrange a testimonial but this hasn't come up. I've tried arranging a friendly but the 'use for testimonial' box is greyed out. Anyone got any ideas if it's bugged or if there's something I can do.

Are you sure you counted the seasons correctly? (dumb question). Possible bug?

Are you sure you counted the seasons correctly? (dumb question). Possible bug?

Definitely done 10 seasons at Spurs. Maybe a bug then. Seen plenty of other clubs players get testimonials over the course of the save so they definitely happen.

You can definitely arrange them as a human player too, so if it is a bug then it's not every player that's affected.

Maybe it has something to do with him still being a first team regular? What's his squad status?

Still key player. Not sure why that would factor in. Ronaldo's had one at Real, and there's no way he wasn't a key player at the time.

Does it not have something to do with the choice of opposition?

Eg - Rooneys was vs Everton (former team)

Carraghers vs Everton (supporter)

Gerrard vs olympiakos (famous game) etc..?

Or is that just a real life thing?

I chose Lyon as a friendly opponent and it still didn't unlock the greyed out box.

I think what he means is it can be any time from the date he's been there 10 seasons.. It doesn't have to be played on the exact date it's been 10 years, but any time after that date

Yeah I get that, but on the 31st August, when can I be arranging a friendly for? Why would Lyon or Nice be up for a friendly during the season? Why would I want one?

Anyway, it's true, on the 31st, the grey box unlocked. SI need to fix that.

Yeah I get that, but on the 31st August, when can I be arranging a friendly for? Why would Lyon or Nice be up for a friendly during the season? Why would I want one?

Anyway, it's true, on the 31st, the grey box unlocked. SI need to fix that.

If he signed on 31st August then his ten years at the club will be on the same date. How can SI fix something that isn't broken?

Well, irl testimonials don't get arranged EXACTLY ten years after a player has joined.

He doesn't have to arrange it after EXACTLY 10 years in FM either. The point is that AFTER 10 years it is available, so any time he wants to arrange it now, it will be available.

If he signed on 31st August then his ten years at the club will be on the same date. How can SI fix something that isn't broken?

It would happen in the summer after his 10th season IRL, that's what's broken.

Well, irl testimonials don't get arranged EXACTLY ten years after a player has joined.

What this man said.

He doesn't have to arrange it after EXACTLY 10 years in FM either. The point is that AFTER 10 years it is available, so any time he wants to arrange it now, it will be available.

No, now my next chance,due to his join date is the summer after his 11th season. That's what's wrong about this.

• 10 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 19:42, edgar555 said:

I am having the same problem....cant be to off us with bugs??

On 2/17/2016 at 06:06, edgar555 said:

No, now my next chance,due to his join date is the summer after his 11th season. That's what's wrong about this.

Yes but it's during the 11th season that he completes 10 years at the club, can't really blame SI for the transfer windows closing after the season starts, any player signed late in transfer window after season starts won't be at club 10 years until early into their 11th season.

Archived