Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
bunnybbb

First year after promotion to PL

The teams in PL have a large wage budget and transfer fee available.

Even I got promote by using Brighton, I found my squad depth and strength are not enough to compete.

I was looking for 4 stars players from relegated clubs at bargain (hopefully 1-2 mn pounds fee for a 4 stars). However, other teams always spend a huge wage to sign them after i made a bid. It is quite frustrating.

They can pay 30k to 50k for a young players for rotation, while i only have 450k wage budget. The wage already used up after the promotion clause. Within this budget, roughly speaking, rotation is around 12k, first team is 16k and key player is 26k.

I found it is useful to loan decent players from major clubs with future transfer fee. However, the system has bugs and hugely deduct the transfer budget if u pay some monthly fee for loans.

My questions are:

1. Why home growth players are so expensive, any method can i get around it?

2. Players can play PL without registration if he is U21?

3. Any trick can i win the signing when other strong team compete the bid?

Can i offer a big wage and the player will reject other teams. But then i cancel the bid and offer the contract with lower wage again?

1. Welcome to England - with the new home grown rules coming in real life, They have replicated the game to show that young England players cost huge money

(25 mil for Lallana - 49 for sterling - reported 50 million for stones/Kane etc) unfortunately no way round it unless you pluck them from the lower leagues or promote your own youth

2. Yea they can if they are under 21

3. You can, but you'll probably fail because the player will more than likely refuse to reopen talks with you - basically he'll get the hump with you :(

I don't know whether I'm misunderstanding your comment on this - but of course the loan fee will come off the transfer budget.. technically you are still transferring him into your club so it will still count as a transfer whether you sign him permanently or not

Hope that helps :)

1. Welcome to England - with the new home grown rules coming in real life, They have replicated the game to show that young England players cost huge money

(25 mil for Lallana - 49 for sterling - reported 50 million for stones/Kane etc) unfortunately no way round it unless you pluck them from the lower leagues or promote your own youth

2. Yea they can if they are under 21

3. You can, but you'll probably fail because the player will more than likely refuse to reopen talks with you - basically he'll get the hump with you :(

I don't know whether I'm misunderstanding your comment on this - but of course the loan fee will come off the transfer budget.. technically you are still transferring him into your club so it will still count as a transfer whether you sign him permanently or not

Hope that helps :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/451274-Transfer-budget-deduction-for-loans

It is a bug and you will find it if you are struggling to get good players at low cost.

I took Birmingham up in my first season and decided to sign players from European leagues who were 3-4 stars for 2-4 million from average teams (meaning not the top teams in their leagues), I also kept my better core players that were there already and so far we are 9th half way though the season.

I took Blackburn up in my first campaign as well, yet I was tasked with finishing mid-table (thought that was bizarre). I didn't have a huge budget, I didn't spend much in the championship either. So I relied upon free transfers and buying two players outside the English leagues, believe me, it was hard to even tempt Steven Fletcher to my team. (Sunderland were relegated on my season).

The problem is, when i find 4 star or 3.5 star player priced at 1-2mn with below 20k weekly wage, other team like aston villa or eventon, they pay over 30k per week to capture the name, even the play accept 11k per week when i offer the contract without their bid at the first moment.

The problem is, when i find 4 star or 3.5 star player priced at 1-2mn with below 20k weekly wage, other team like aston villa or eventon, they pay over 30k per week to capture the name, even the play accept 11k per week when i offer the contract without their bid at the first moment.

Sounds pretty realistic to me.

I've never found this to be a major issue. On the FM14 and 15 I've taken Orient to the Prem and been given competitive transfer and wage budgets (I'm talking £25m and £500k). While that isn't enough to compete with the big boys, it's certainly enough to survive with, especially if you put a lot of your transfer budget into your wages and sign free agents.

Actually, free transfer is not really free, they always ask for a big signing on fee, usually 1mn+. Besides, the weekly wage demand always over 30k.

It actually costs over 40k wage budget. The same cost for 1.5mn transfer fee + 10k weekly wage.