Sports Interactive Community
HarmMeppel

Football Manager 2016 can't be installed on on USB storage or SD card - message, help?

Hey fella's,

I got a Samsung Tablet S4, 8gig with 16gig SD card. Clean install (so no garbage on it what so ever).

I bought the FM 2016 mobile version on the tablet, yet when I want to install it, it says: "Football manager Mobile 2016 can't be installed on USB Storage" (error code -18)

I have many gigs free on the root and even more on the SD card, android version is also fine.

Please advise as I have no idea what else I got to do to fix this? I've been a fan of FM ever since I can remember and have bought all the versions on my PC, yet due to work/travel I only have a tablet...

Help? I paid for this... and got bupkiss on my desk now :(

Can you explain - are you specifically trying to install apps onto the SD card? ... by default it should use the internal storage

Can you explain - are you specifically trying to install apps onto the SD card? ... by default it should use the internal storage

Hi Marc, thanks for the reply.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - Wi-Fi - 8 GB - Black - 7", (fresh install) with a 16gb SD card. Empty.

When I enter Google Play I see that I bought FM 2016 Mobile. When I click on install, it downloads the 32mb (what is needed in the beginning) and then says "installing". 1/2 minutes later I get the message: ""Football manager Mobile 2016 can't be installed on USB Storage or SD card" (error code -18)".

I have not changed the automatic download process to be moved to the SD card as I was pretty sure the default is the internal storage. Please advise :)

I tried numerous fresh installs of the tablet (I purely use it for games and have been a life long fan of FM), I tried clearing the cache of Google Play and so forth, but to no success.

Can FMM actually run FROM the SD card? I have mine on the SD card, and every time I try to open it, I get a message about downloading data and it fails every time. I have tried both basic and player pictures and both over WiFi and 3g and still fails. I'm not sure if it has been run since I moved it to SD card.