Deep/forward opening

Hello! im from russia. I am a moderator tactical section fmfan. ru

Excuseme for my english. Its google translate) To make it clearer, I will show images. The problem in this. The real football is an important element of multidirectional opening. One player creates depth, the other moves forward.

9Xk16x8.png

It allows you to create gaps in the opponent's line of defense.

But in FM 16, this component is poorly developed.Especially in the area forwards. It is best to create a depth of advanced playmaker, who have a desire to be closer to the ball. But none striker does not create the depth of attack as well. Even false 9. According to the logic of support dutys you have to do it. But it is not. At forward with the duty of supporting the strange algorithm.

When an attack is developing forwards to support job rarely go into the depth of field.They prefer to hold the position. The logic of this, that they are waiting for the other players will come to him from the depths, and will run over them.

j7dzODq.png

This seriously complicates the penetration in attack. Especially if I want to have a false opening. On any team shape supporting the attackers play too high and move a little deeper. It seems that their main difference from the forwards to attack the task in only a small number of forward runs. Their logic is this. "I do not forward runs." "I stand and wait until teammate will forward runs or become closer to me." It is not right. IMHO

I am puzzled by this problem. I want to see in his team multidirectional opening (img 1), including false.Now I create a strategy similar to Benfica in real football. Jonas plays the false 9. It moves a lot deeper into the field. This allows you to switch from 4-2-2-2 to 4-2-3-1 on the situation. I do not see the same movement in the FM. Furthermore, Mitroglou supports the depth of field. Especially if the ball is played on the wing. It also moves in depth, but to a lesser degree. This means it as DLF at least.

7FiCVD4.png

lZqXQEv.png

AcoGMmX.png

Emmujnq.png

3dKNhdP.png

However, I do not see any movement in the depth of field. I see the lack of running forward.

gjSh2jn.png

Team shape very fluid. With the construction of highly structured similarly.

As a result, I can not create a free zone into the opponent's defense penetration. I also do not see a creative movement between the lines of the opponent

Now I have these settings

tHlbRIR.png

Qa54OHy.png

3ZKEZCf.png

SStwE5S.png

Any idea how to solve this problem? How to achieve the effect of divergent openings? Create depth by the attackers?

I want to maintain the same control, but to get more penetration.

I tried one of the forwards to attack the duty (Advanced forward and DLF/A). Control of the ball becomes lower. Team too often reacts to his progress and making more risky passes.

Thank you. Sorry that I have not talked about it. Yes. In the forwards there are player instructions roam from position+move into channels.

Here are the rest of team and player instructions that I use.

TI

Narrow - 442 is a wide formation. I would like to have more compact for cooperation regista and WPs

Lower tempo, shorter passing, retain posssesion - These team instructions are aimed at keeping the ball and waiting attack. We must carefully apply to the control of the ball waiting for the space due to the movement of our players.

Look for overlap+work ball into box - The logical extension of this. We have to be prudent in the attacking third.

Be more expressive, roam from position - I rely on the intelligence of their players first. Their movement without the ball in tight spaces. Their unpredictable moves.

Pressing : normal DL+ CD much more+prevent short GK Distribution - We must return the ball quickly to have a permanent control of the ball.

PIs

GK - pass it shorter, fewer risky passes, distribute to CBs, take short kicks. In constructing the attacks he had to play through the central defenders who conceived disperse widely in the level penalty. This allows you to immediately create options to stretch the defense at an early stage combination.

DC - default+pass it shorter. The main task of building attacks central defenders - to provide a ball near the open DM or WB.

WB/A - pass it shortet, stay wider (as the team plays narrowly, it is necessary), cross aim centre. I told them to make a cross in the center. It is in this area of our forwards. If this option is difficult, it is a diagonal cross in the center, or turn back the attack.

RGA, HB, WPs - default+ pass it shorter.

DLF/S - default+roam from position+move into channels

F9 - default+roam from position

I did not install my creative midfielders perform more risky passes. When the attackers do not perform multidirectional openings, do not create the depth of attack is meaningless. Risky passes are only in the transition phase when the defense structure is broken. But this is not what is really necessary. Risky passes in the transition phase increases the amount of losses the ball.

I might be wrong, but playing very fluid gives your players high creative freedom (the ability to improvise, to play outside your game plan). Adding to this TIs to "Be more expressive" and "Roam from position" as well as layering similar instructions at the PI level could see your players playing outside your intended system?

Yes. This is true. Very fluid system encourages players to improvise. However, FM simple game - less / more) The Benfica players are very creative. I do not see the problem is to encourage that to their creative freedom and freedom of movement even more) If because of this broken system, my playing bad connection worked. I would not have had such control, or I would have problems with the result, for example. I am satisfied with almost everything except attacking game. Compare the image of real Benfica and my image of the game. You will find similarities team shape. The problem is that none of the forwards movement does deep. Although both have the support of the job. That space between the lines of the opponent, which uses a 4-2-3-1 AMS should use 4-4-2 False 9. Alternatively, other creative striker with support duty. But it is not. Instead of having to go into the depths they just hold position and not run ahead often.

I started with a rigid system. The circuit is very compact 4-2-2-2 vertically. The space only between midfield and strikers. The FM forwards rarely have large differences in the mentality of the team strategy. The mentality is changing higher / deeper only other players mostly. To stretch the formation I used the first structured system. I planned my wingers slightly raised, to have 4-2-4 "on paper". Also, I wanted to false 9 mentally different from the second forward much. I tried a pair of false 9+DLF A or S. I also experimented with extended forward. But I was disappointed as false 9, did not make the necessary movement in depth. As in other systems, he stood at his position without frequent runs forward. This was the use of all his areas between the lines. This is not like me. So I began to use fluid systems. It allowed to extract even more value from midfield. Also, when the fluid system, my defensive midfielder began to put pressure higher. The rigid system they kept too far. This is logical, given the lower mentality.

In general, I'm only in the search for options to enhance the game forwards. I need to achieve the effect of false 4-2-3-1 and multidirectional openings. To at least one of the attackers to maneuver in depth. That movement, and not just "stuck in a half-space")

I get the same problem too. F9 does not drop back to AM position. Even I put the player with come deep to get ball preferred move, it does not work too. It looks like someone has mentioned before. But as usual, nothing has been adjusted and solved. May be it's our tactics :(

1_zpsfu9gc6x7.jpg

2_zpsuucqzkde.jpg

In any case, support + move into channels should encourage him to look for the vertical space between the opponents more expressive. It should not be in a static position. I assume that this is a problem because of changes in the team shape. Forwards have become too attached to it.

@keithfc - From that screenshot it looks like the SS is in the F9's way and is preventing him from dropping deep. He can't drop deep if the space is not there.

May be I raised the wrong example. But i added roam from position for 2 st. I suppose they can run freely. I suppose F9 or CF(s) can drop the area which I have pointed out in the screenshot.

Your tactical familiarity is only accomplished. I've seen movement improve in my team once they became more familiar with their tactic, so perhaps you just should be a bit more patient. I play a complete forward on attack duty with PPM's drops deep and moves into channels, and he does make space. Another option if you want them to drop deep is to change one of them to defensive forward on defend duty. Those drop deep.

Also an influence could be the mental skills of your players, good off the ball movement and team work seem a necessity, while anticipation, high work rate and decision also should help. A selfish or lazy would be less willing to create space for other, while a player lacking the intelligence doesn't recognise the space.

Archived