Your best January signing.

Topical given the time of year.

Whats been your best January signing/s? Season changer/saver?

Going into the xmas break with 1860 Munich, 15th and a point off relegation. Signed Leandro Rodrigues on loan from Everton who scored 20 in last 15 games of the season (won 10 of my last 12), which saw me end 4th and a point outside the playoffs. Gutted.

i'm at stoke city in 2023 , i was looking to sign a winger to play as inside forward for my 4-3-3 , you know i have Shaqiri but need someone to cover him and after a little search i found Juan Iturbe brilliant player and he is very fast he is 30 years and cost me 14.5 m euro it was release clause and now his currently value is 20.5 m euro

Untitled.jpg

in sometimes he plays better than Shaqiri and force me to put him starting 11

This is going to sound odd but stick with me...

On an Orient save I had on FM14, in my first youth intake I got a 5 star potential striker called Alan Barlow whilst in League 1. He looked pretty rounded but his mental stats were poor which is always a concern for me. I tutored him with Kevin Lisbie up until Christmas in my second season which improved his mental stats slightly but I still wasn't happy. In January I noticed Jon Parkin (the beast ex Preston striker) was available for free from Fleetwood (I think). His mental stats are sensational for that sort of level so I snapped him up on a 6 month contract just to tutor Barlow. It worked a treat and Barlow's stats went through the roof. I never played Parkin and released him in the summer but his job was done. Barlow went out on loan a couple of times before making his debut aged 19 while I was in the Championship. By the time Barlow was 26 he had broken my all time league scorer record and had 46 goals for England.

My greatest January signing therefore was Jon Parkin. I owe him a lot.

As Birmingham manager I was 3 points above the championship relegation zone, loaned in James Wilson from man utd, he scored 12 in 16 and fired me to safety, took the hit and paid £7million to make the move permanent, fired me to promotion scoring 34 in 46 games, and then last season got another 28 in the prem - his overall stats for me are 88 goals in 136 games... And now valued at 26.5million

Not a bad January "save me" transfer at all :p

Oh yeah - and for the record my ass man claims he's not good enough for my team ??

Kurtis Guthrie, signed him in my Chester season on FM16. We were top but floundering and he came in on loan from Forest Green. He ended up scoring 6 and assisting 11 from the wing in half a season. We went on to win the league, and in his first League Two season he scored another ten from left wing for me. Hell of a signing.

Had a Dover Save last season got to League 2 in 5 seasons and was struggling at the start of January in the relegation zone. Signed an 18 year old Brazilian from Gremio called Ishmael for 75k as he was technically good and had composure and finishing above 15 so though was worth a crack. Spent the next 15 years with him as my first choice striker turning down offers up to £78m for him and won the champions league on multiple occasions and he even got on the Balon d'or shortlist a couple of times but never won it. Not bad for 75k.

Also very strange but he did end up with over 100 caps for Poland.

Playing as Southampton, in my 4th season I was looking good for a top 3 finish with an outside chance of being champions. Jordan Rhodes and Batshuayi were my striking options, Rhodes scoring at a decent rate but Batshuayi just not cutting the mustard aside from a couple of decent displays in Europe. Decided to sell him and sign Simone Zaza. Zaza was phenomenal, scoring at better than a goal a game and propelling us to the title!

A regen ball-playing defender from Barca 'B' called Luis Miguel Maestro (it was mainly the name that attracted me, tbh :D). He was still only a teenager (17-ish) but went straight into my rotation policy at Juve, becoming a regular starter by the end of the season as we won the Serie A and Champions League. The next season he was in and out of the squad and we were drawn against Barca in the Champions League 1st knockout round, we lost the first leg 4-1 at the Nou Camp and I was pretty much resigned to not being able to retain the crown. A change of formation for the second leg prompted me to throw Maestro back in to the starting XI. He marked Suarez out of the game, passed his former employers to death and even scored the goal that put us ahead on aggregate (we ended up winning 7-0 on the night for an 8-4 aggregate win!) I'm only a few months past that point in my save but in those 13 months since I signed him he's done enough to convince me that he's my best January signing so far. He's the reason I'm still playing FM2015, I've got the new game but I can't leave him behind.

i'm at stoke city in 2023 , i was looking to sign a winger to play as inside forward for my 4-3-3 , you know i have Shaqiri but need someone to cover him and after a little search i found Juan Iturbe brilliant player and he is very fast he is 30 years and cost me 14.5 m euro it was release clause and now his currently value is 20.5 m euro

Untitled.jpg

in sometimes he plays better than Shaqiri and force me to put him starting 11

Ah man, I got Iturbe on a free in my 4th season as Schalke boss & he was sensational! Annoying Bayern paid me £46.5M which was his release clause so I only had him for one season.

Oh Lukaku in my Last Season. My Main Striker was injured for 5 month and i was still in Europa Leauge, Carlingcup, FA and League (5th place at this moment).

He was the Leagues Top Scorer with 26 Goals and eliminated ManC 4-1 and Arsenal 5-0 with 7 goals in the last 2 Games.

We won the League and the Carling Cup with Stoke. :applause:

Definitely Arkadiusz Milik (I hope that's the correct spelling xD)

First season with eintracht Frankfurt my striker Seferovic forced his transfer

Got a nice sum 16 Million €

Bought Milik for 10 Million €

He scored 16 Goals in 16 Games and got me from 12th to 5th place

Never have I ever seen such a consistent striker, as lone striker up front or paired with a partner: his movements were really on spot

Archived