Outside

I think the outside sometimes is ridiculous. Sometimes I see in the 3Dscreen my other players are way upfront with my rival players but my player who intercept the ball is said to be outside though he was way below my other players and rival players as well :eek:

Is this outside rule only appears in SIGames? :rolleyes:

Offside numbers are high compared to real life however the decision so tend to be correct, if you are frequently seeing incorrect offside calls from the officials can you take the time to raise them in the bugs forum?

What OP probably meant is that in some situations it looks like it's not offside. The truth is - it usually is offside. Sometimes in matches your player comes deep to get ball and receives it and there are 4-6 opposition players between him and goal, and at those moments offside call seems to be out of place.

The thing is - you have to check his position at the moment when pass was made, not received. ME usually doesn't make wrong offside calls. The question if number of offsides is too high or is player movement logical in those situations - that's another story.

On a related note, one thing I have noticed is that if there is a long ball to a player who is clearly in an offside position that is intercepted by my defender (usually a header), this does not count as offside? Should it? In an instance where the header goes directly to an opposition player then they other team has clearly benefited from the offside player forcing the header from my defender.

Only if the player makes a movement towards the ball or moves in such a way to impede or challenge the defender. If he just stands there & allows the defender to play the ball then he's inactive.

I play with an Target Man up front, and a box to box midfielder attacking from deep. On more than a few occasions, the target man has dropped outside the area into the AM line, to link up with the midfielder. So you have the opposition goalkeeper, the opposition back 4, then my target man, then my box to box, and my attacking IFs. None of them goal side of the defence, nor usually even in line with it..and yet if any of them touch the ball, it's offside. I've had a 30 yard screamer chalked off for offside when I had no players behind the defence, I've seen wingers called offside as they took on their fullback. Offsides definitely need work, I feel...unless I'm missing something?

I play with an Target Man up front, and a box to box midfielder attacking from deep. On more than a few occasions, the target man has dropped outside the area into the AM line, to link up with the midfielder. So you have the opposition goalkeeper, the opposition back 4, then my target man, then my box to box, and my attacking IFs. None of them goal side of the defence, nor usually even in line with it..and yet if any of them touch the ball, it's offside. I've had a 30 yard screamer chalked off for offside when I had no players behind the defence, I've seen wingers called offside as they took on their fullback. Offsides definitely need work, I feel...unless I'm missing something?

Upload a clip if you believe this to be the case

Where are these players when the pass is made?

Can you upload a clip of an example of the kind of situation you're trying to describe?

Seems like a lot of people don't understand the offside rule, as I agree with others that the ME rarely makes the wrong call. The people saying they have issues in this topic seem to be thinking where the player is when they get the ball has something to do with offside. It doesn't. If you look at the replay watch the moment the pass was hit, the player is offside, then will drop back in again before the ball gets to them.

Archived