My attempt at the "Ultimate Manager Challenge"

Stevelcfc

Stevelcfc's Attempt at the "Ultimate Manager Challenge

Hi everyone, I was looking for something new to do on FM16 and came across this challenge. In both FM14 and 15 I completed the Pentagon Challenge and I loved that Challenge but in FM16 quite a few people have done this Challenge so I want to do something different and even harder!

So the Ultimate Manager Challenge it is. You can find this in the SI Fourm: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437486-The-Ultimate-Football-Manager-Challenge

In short the idea is to win:

• English Premier Division
  • Spanish La Liga
  • French Ligue A
  • Italian Serie A
  • Germany Bundesliga
  • + 5 Other Top Leagues
  • The 5 Continental Champions League
  • Club World Championship
  • 10 Top Division Cup Compeitions in the 10 Nations you have selected

On top of this you have to:

• UEFA Euros (Europe)
  • AFC (Asian Cup Of Nations)
  • Copa America (South America)
  • Gold Cup (North America)
  • ACON (African Cup Of Nations)
  • FIFA World Cup

• Confederations Cup

There are also other numerous rules that are set to make it as difficult as possible, this is the list taken off the Challenge thread

The Rules:

Your manager must be 20 years old at the start of the game, (or 19 if that happens because you want to use your real birthday)

Start Unemployed (and continue unemployed as long as you like).

Sunday League Reputation

No Coaching Badges

Stats must start in the middle. You can adjust each side of the stats, but the initial points must be balanced evenly across the two sides.

No additional languages beyond those generated by your nationality(ies)

Any nationality (it doesn't have to be your genuine nationality)

Second nationality only if you genuinely have a genuine second nationality and you have used your real primary nationality

No disabling attribute masking in the full version of the game

No use of in-game editor for anything other than cosmetic changes (e.g. team strips).

All other advanced options (e.g. adding players to playable teams) are allowed. (See advice below in post 3)

Any version of FM from Football Manager 2015 onwards is allowed, (Classic, Full Fat, Touch, Mobile) but note the instructions for Touch below

You can start with any number of nations loaded, any database size, any start date

You cannot use any customised databases, for instance to add playable nations or divisions

So thats the challenge! Can I do it? Im pretty confident I can but it is obviously going to take a lot of time to do it. Because of this I will be using FMT16. This is the more streamlined version of FM16 full mode, it has things missing, team talks, etc but it is much quicker. I did it this way for my Pentagon save on FM14 and 15 using classic mode and I enjoyed it just as much.

One thing I will be using which you all my hate is "Instant Result". Some people say it doesn't work but I disagree, if you set things up right, e.g Good Assistant, Match Plans, Tactics it will work fine. This is the way i have done it before and I loved it. If you set it up right you can complete a season in less than a day!

The Game

Here are the leagues I have set up in the Game.

• Spain
  • England
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • France
  • Scotland
  • Argentina
  • Mexico
  • Australia
  • South Africa

These leagues will give me a good chance of getting a job quickly. Usually South African teams comes calling first and I have seen in the Challenge post that most people start there

The Manager

Here is the manager I have set in the game so you can see I have followed all the rules

11.png

So that's where I am currently, I will post on here when I get my first job.

I understand not everyone will be interested with me playing FMT but I hope you give me a chance I show you this could be fun, follow my journey and give me any feedback/tips/advice to make this story even better.

Thanks for reading

Archived