Sports Interactive Community
jim owen

Fair play league europe qualification

How does the game decide which countries qualify for this, and then which team within that country (Note i'm taking about game Not real life)

yes but what criteria, you assume red/yellow cards, but what about goals scored, team behavior to the referee, crowd behavior these are all included in real life

what about goals scored (...) these are all included in real life

Really??? Do you have a source for that? Because I don't see why that should have any connection to fair play whatsoever.

In-game, I would agree that it's probably just cards per game...

Really??? Do you have a source for that? Because I don't see why that should have any connection to fair play whatsoever.

In-game, I would agree that it's probably just cards per game...

Got it slightly wrong its attacking intent not goal scored, but surely you could have googled insead of ask for a source, its the first hit http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/jun/arsenal-and-norwich-win-fair-play-awards.html

surely you could have googled insead of ask for a source

Of course I could, but I'm not the one who made the claim. ;)

Given that those attributes seem pretty wishy-washy in real life, I doubt they'll be reflected in FM. I would think it's just a function using the number of cards vs the number of games, maybe with a few other slightly more complex things thrown in. Nothing to do with behaviour towards the referee.

Thinking about it from a real-life perspective, I doubt those extra things come into it much. If two teams are tied on the statistical, measurable parts, they'll probably go into games and pick the team who is slightly less inclined to berate the referee, but I doubt they get put into a sum or anything. That is something FM would always struggle with.