FM 18 and FM 16 MidsomerMurder Flat 442 and Wide Diamond Counter Knap

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, knap said:

CIV VI is out so getting to grips with world domination.

Usually beta tactics do not work as well when  full game is out, so not testing in any depth , also without editor there are no test leagues set up. If you let me know what sort of tactic you want and for which team, I can probably look at a quick test and tactic release.

FM16 tactics still appear to work so you could try setting up one of those.

Hahah it's funny you say that actually as I also bought CIV VI last week and have been spending the majority of my time enjoying that.

That being said i'm looking for a 4231 I can play with Madrid and/or Man utd as a quick fun beta save while I wait for the full game. Tried setting up my own but i'm not the greatest at making tactics. I tried a setup that had Ronaldo (IF/S) Isco (Treq./At) Bale (W/Sup) in the attacking midfield strata and then I had benzema playing as a DLF (A). I wanted a midfield of Casemiro holding (CM/D) and modric playing as an rpm. It's not that i couldn't get it to work...i think i just started adding too many instructions and also couldn't work out how to balance my full backs.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

All the Beta tactics should work but can probably be improved for more difficult games. If I tweak 4231 then I go away to Lpool and dominate but still needs to win against Park the Bus teams so tends to be about finding the right balance. I have not looked at the ideas behind Stargazing in FM17.

Liverpool v Man Utd_ Stats Match Stats.png

1 hour ago, knap said:

If you don't have any luck with beta 4231 then you can try the version I just played with MUManchester United_  Senior Fixtures-3.png

Knap you keep mentioning all these tactics but where are they posted? Am i missing something lol...

Where can i find the 442 used in the screenshot above? :)

3 minutes ago, Jimmyrh94 said:

1 hour ago, knap said:

If you don't have any luck with beta 4231 then you can try the version I just played with MUManchester United_  Senior Fixtures-3.png

3 minutes ago, Jimmyrh94 said:

Knap you keep mentioning all these tactics but where are they posted? Am i missing something lol...

Where can i find the 442 used in the screenshot above? :)

I think the 442 is in the 451 woking thread pal...

Knap where can I find the 4231 you're currently using with United

7 minutes ago, TheMartello said:

Go for it I would say!

Right now not much is working for me either

Nah no point releasing something that isn't ready only for you to tell the creator it isn't working. Might as well let Knap be sure of what he has created. Think I'm just going to play around with the default formations for the meantime

12 minutes ago, knap said:

I would expect the tactics to work if you are top third or have potential. With Middlesbrough perhaps a point a game.

Same 4231 as with NU

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages-5.png

I tried downloading the 4231, it was a .tac file though...

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, knap said:

As the wide diamond is more open I would only suggest top team

Mostly just as based on a FM 16 tactic.

Ahh i really thought this one would be high scoring due to the 3 players in the attacking strata. Either way still a good option to have - cheers knap!

On 2-4-2018 at 18:39, wixta79 said:

what sort of player do you use for wide midfield?

i play with wingers like sarabia , guedes and on the right soler( beast). there not natural wide midfield but does not matter, they still play excellent!

3 hours ago, knap said:

Hi knap! I play with the Midsomer counter in my IFK gothenburg save, and it works great! 😁

Would u say when i play in the League where i am big favorite to win every game Midsomer control would be a better choice to play with? As every team play very defensive, and in CL i should keep playing with counter? And maybe go control when im losing? Sorry for all the questions😁

Yes of course that would not be so Good, but in some games i just can’t seem to get a goal when they play very defensive, and a backup tactic like this one who takes a little more risk could help me in those games, well i could always try and see right 😉 and keeping the AI guessing ain’t so bad either 😅

I set up SUS tactics during a match. It is not a tactic that can be tested and therefore worth just experimenting with ideas. Going too defensive tends to invite pressure so best to aim for cautious. I tend to set WBs to defend and this may be all that is needed but can be used a lower mentality. Near the end of game use more time wasting.

If the AI is using an AMC it may be worth using a DM

21 hours ago, White Europe said:

control home

counter away

very good so far

Do you play counter at home vs bigger teams like Bayern and control away against smaller clubs or always control at home and counter away?

Archived