This player comes into my team out of nowhere - A Phantom Player

I am playing the game on season 3 2018 and preparing for a match.

I found something very strange in my senior team as suddenly I realize there is a player who come into my senior team out of nowhere

Atl_tico_v_Man_Utd_Man_Utd_Team_Selection_Overv.png

Bernard_Brennan_Overview_Profile.png

Bernard_Brennan_Reports_Scout_Report.png

Bernard_Brennan_History_Career_Stats_2.png

I do not remember this player as my youth intake nor do I ever offered him for a trial. Even if supposed I trialed this player, his name should be colored with green not blue as my other players on loan. I even have to scout this player who is in my team. This is a Phantom Player :lol:

I'm guesing you don't have many GK's in your team? That happens if you only have a couple and one is injured so they'll insert a "phantom" player into your squad. At least I think that's happened to me before.

sam johnstone and vanja are on loan, I still have two youth keepers and joel on my 21 squad

He seems to be on trial, could it be about staff responsibilities. Perhaps your HOYD or someone got him on trial?

-SnUrF

His name is not colored with green as trialed players and I have to scout him as well while he is already in my team. Look like a great stat for youth keeper. gonna sign him. considered it as a bonus from SIgames :lol:

His name is not colored with green as trialed players and I have to scout him as well while he is already in my team. Look like a great stat for youth keeper. gonna sign him. considered it as a bonus from SIgames :lol:

Yet in the second picture above his value it says "On trial with Man Utd" BOOM ;D

But any ways perhaps as Cougar suggested.

E: Or perhaps not :)

-SnUrF

Yet in the second picture above his value it says "On trial with Man Utd" BOOM ;D

But any ways perhaps as Cougar suggested.

E: Or perhaps not :)

-SnUrF

Yes it was written on trial with Man UTD but I never trialed the player and his name is not colored with green as trial player BOOM ;D plus for trial player on you team you do not need to ask your scout for info. all you need for trial player info is to ask a member of your coaching team.

Here is a list of my feeder clubs:

Manchester_United_Affiliates_Affiliated_Clubs.png

Hmmm really thought it might be the feeder club way, would have been the first time I had seen it as well :(

Thinking about it though given he is 16yo the more probable answer is you have a staff member (DOF, HOY, U19 Manager etc) assigned to bring youth players into the club. or whatever option it is.

What does the players history show?

The only way to know 100% would be to upload the save to the FTP server and start a thread in the bugs forum and someone from SI would look behind the scenes & clarify.

Hmmm really thought it might be the feeder club way, would have been the first time I had seen it as well :(

Thinking about it though given he is 16yo the more probable answer is you have a staff member (DOF, HOY, U19 Manager etc) assigned to bring youth players into the club. or whatever option it is.

What does the players history show?

The only way to know 100% would be to upload the save to the FTP server and start a thread in the bugs forum and someone from SI would look behind the scenes & clarify.

it was on my last screenshot on the first post. No history with Man Utd nor with Leyton Orient.

Maybe this is a bonus from SIGames ;)

it was on my last screenshot on the first post. No history with Man Utd nor with Leyton Orient.

Maybe this is a bonus from SIGames ;)

So you did and it shows nothing :(

These sort of things really bug me and I like to know the answer :D

So we have 16yo player in blue which is normally a loan but it also shows as a trial which you can terminate. The player is listed as being at Leyton Orient but you don't have a link with them.

Can you check the Leyton Orient squad & see if he if he is listed in one of their squads, maybe also check which parent clubs Leyton Orient have (Birmingham or Huddersfield would make it interesting).

So you did and it shows nothing :(

These sort of things really bug me and I like to know the answer :D

So we have 16yo player in blue which is normally a loan but it also shows as a trial which you can terminate. The player is listed as being at Leyton Orient but you don't have a link with them.

Can you check the Leyton Orient squad & see if he if he is listed in one of their squads, maybe also check which parent clubs Leyton Orient have (Birmingham or Huddersfield would make it interesting).

Now here is something more interesting :) He joined Man UTD at 2014 which meant he was 12 at that time :lol:

Bernard_Brennan_History_Achievements.png

He was already on trial with me for sometimes actually according to his contract, maybe I did not notice as he was in blue colored. here is the SS:

Bernard_Brennan_Contract_Contract_Info.png

So I got a player who joined the club at 12 but only recently on trial with me :lol:

As per your request here is leyton orient players which I filter out the significant point without having to see the grey players:

Leyton_Orient_Players_All_Players.png

Ok I have the same named player in my current save as well.

In my save he is a AMLC who joined Brentford in 2012 but his history only shows from 2015/16 season.

Is he possibly a face in the game newgen who comes through at a later date during a save? Yes that seems to be the case but I'm not sure it explains why he came to Man Utd on a trial/loan with Leyton Orient listed as his club.

Ok I have the same named player in my current save as well.

In my save he is a AMLC who joined Brentford in 2012 but his history only shows from 2015/16 season.

Is he possibly a face in the game newgen who comes through at a later date during a save? Yes that seems to be the case but I'm not sure it explains why he came to Man Utd on a trial/loan with Leyton Orient listed as his club.

what make it more interesting is that he is already in the club since he was 12 (youngest player ever LOL) and never left the club but yet suddenly on trial with the club as leyton orient player :lol: A rare phantom player :applause:

have you uploaded the save to the bugs forum, that is the only way to answer this

nope, maybe later or maybe not at all :) Sorry :(

I just find it curious but not interested in reporting actually as I live in a country where uploads and downloads are based on quotas and internet broadband subscription is based on that too :( so I do not upload or download things that is not so significant to me especially fun stuff which has no benificial value to me personally ;) and that is why also I do not put this thread in the bugs forum but just wanna know if anyone experienced the same yet ;)

I said maybe yes and maybe no :)

I enjoy the game and actually by posting this and giving all the ss are already giving some hints to the development department of SI about some bugs they might be able to look into or maybe in a day or two someone who got the same incident as I do might realize and kind enough to upload the their saved game since I am not kind enough to do so :D

Anyway this has been a positive discussion and I am thankful for the positive responds I received. and btw sorry if my english is lousy as it is not my mother tongue :)

Editted: Damned! I just wish I could played him when he was 12 even as a sub on the 90+ min as to break all the records of Champion Leagues, EPL, FA Cup and World Club Championship Cup as the youngest player ever without ever being broken again :lol:

but the bug people dont look here they look in the bug forum. just open a thread in there with your screenshots

maybe later :)

meanwhile here is a little update about the player who is in my team after being scouted by my scout, look into the SS and it said Man Utd is in Sky Bet League 1 :lol: while you can see my Man Utd is First in EPL

Inbox_Inbox_2.png

Archived