Attempts to develop weaker foot

Im interested in buying a player for around 20-30 million euros.

He's a very well rounded player but in my opinion he has this one mayor weakness.

His left foot is listed as 'very weak' which makes him a right only.

If i buy this player i want to develop his left foot so that it will state he is a right foot (minus the only).

For this i have to train him the PPM attempt to develop weaker foot twice if i'm correct.

This of course doesn't have to be a problem but the following two issues are making me hesitant.

-He's already 25 years old

-At his currenct team the AI went a bit overboard with his PPM's. He already has no less then 11!!! of them.

Is it worth the gamble or should i move on?

PS it's FM 15

If you have huge transfer budget reserves it might be worth a gamble but the probability of significantly improving a player of that age is very low.

If your cash resources are limited then it might be best to move on.

On FM, if a player is good enough, being one footed really isn't a weakness. They'll just find a way to work the ball onto their stronger foot. Maybe a few times a season they might fluff a great chance because it falls to their weaker foot, but the bonuses on physical and technical attributes at the expense of a weak non-preferred foot will do more for you in the long run.

Also you'll also be lucky if your able to improve his weaker foot at all, but that's beside the point.

On FM, if a player is good enough, being one footed really isn't a weakness. They'll just find a way to work the ball onto their stronger foot. Maybe a few times a season they might fluff a great chance because it falls to their weaker foot, but the bonuses on physical and technical attributes at the expense of a weak non-preferred foot will do more for you in the long run.

Also you'll also be lucky if your able to improve his weaker foot at all, but that's beside the point.

My experience is actually quite the opposite of this. When I get players to either footed their performance improves drastically in almost any position.

• SI Staff
Anyone else have the issue where if a player completes the developing weaker foot PPM it shows in their PPMs as "attempts to develop weaker foot"?

Not sure if that means the player actually failed or if it's a bug or what. It is pretty funny when I saw it though.

This is the intended result. The PPM is present whilst he improves his weaker foot, it will disappear once he has finished.

Cheers,

Seb.

This is the intended result. The PPM is present whilst he improves his weaker foot, it will disappear once he has finished.

Cheers,

Seb.

Thanks, good to know. So I'm assuming you'll see that any time a player is training a PPM? Weird how I haven't noticed that before. I guess because once you set up a PPM training it's unlikely to look at that player's PPMs.

I'm almost certain though that I got the inbox item of "player has developed weaker foot" or something along those lines when I read "attempts to develop weaker foot" in the ppms.

• 10 months later...

Hi guys! I have tried to get my player to "develop his weaker foot", but once it finished the develop his weaker foot, it decreases? First I had the players feet "Good with left foot very good with right foot" now it just says "Reasonable with left foot very good with right foot." What's going on?

Thanks!

Difficult to say for certain.  One possibility may be to do with the player being capped or near to his maximum current ability.  "Footedness" takes up a small amount of CA, so if the player is already capped (or near) the maximum, something has to reduce accordingly.  Kinda strange the weaker and stronger feet would both be affected though.

2 hours ago, herne79 said:

Difficult to say for certain.  One possibility may be to do with the player being capped or near to his maximum current ability.  "Footedness" takes up a small amount of CA, so if the player is already capped (or near) the maximum, something has to reduce accordingly.  Kinda strange the weaker and stronger feet would both be affected though.

Did you see my post on how I developed a weaker foot for it to go down?

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Yes, hence my reply to you.

Oh, I thought you were replying to the OP. So should I train his weaker foot, which I am currently doing, or would I risk the player going down to "Right only" when it was "Either" before?

I had to cancel tutoring of a player to the senior player back to "either". I have the latest and final patch for the 16 game, so sucks.

Sounds like you were trying to fix something that wasn't really broken in the first place.

It all depends what you want from the player and why you actually want him to be two footed in the first place?  Being one footed doesn't seem to do Messi much harm :D.

1 minute ago, herne79 said:

Sounds like you were trying to fix something that wasn't really broken in the first place.

It all depends what you want from the player and why you actually want him to be two footed in the first place?  Being one footed doesn't seem to do Messi much harm :D.

I play a 4-4-2 so one striker, who plays on the left, is a right footer, and the player, who I'm training, is a right footer also, but I was planning to get his left foot on much higher. I really want this to work.

Like I said earlier,

22 hours ago, herne79 said:

The player was already "Good" with his weaker foot which is, well, good for a two footed player.

Is the PPM "Attempts to Develop Weaker Foot" (or whatever it's called) still listed on the player's profile page?  If it is then he should continue to develop the weaker foot over time, so it should improve.  Quite why it reduced in the first place is unclear, unless the max CA has been reached.  If it has, you should expect to see a slight drop in other attributes as his weaker foot improves.

36 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Like I said earlier,

The player was already "Good" with his weaker foot which is, well, good for a two footed player.

Is the PPM "Attempts to Develop Weaker Foot" (or whatever it's called) still listed on the player's profile page?  If it is then he should continue to develop the weaker foot over time, so it should improve.  Quite why it reduced in the first place is unclear, unless the max CA has been reached.  If it has, you should expect to see a slight drop in other attributes as his weaker foot improves.

Yes it's listed. And my players has fulfilled his full CA. Is that bad? I'd take that risk, otherwise I'd have to buy a left-footed striker and I don't want to do that.

• 1 year later...

I just signed a 20 year old poacher wonderkid with great finishing. His weaker foot is considered "reasonable." What is the general consensus on developing it further? I assume for that kind of striker playing so close to goal, being two-footed could result in a tangible increase in goals. That being said, perhaps the time and ability would still be better spent elsewhere, like trying to beat the offside trap, etc?

Note that I tend to play my strikers on the opposite side of their dominant foot to facilitate placing the shot at the far post (it seems logical, and I heard it recommended at least once before). So this lad is almost always the right-sided player in my striking partnership.

image.thumb.png.678b0e44eb8970a5fbdb37388d0c60c2.png

1 hour ago, Weston said:

I just signed a 20 year old poacher wonderkid with great finishing. His weaker foot is considered "reasonable." What is the general consensus on developing it further? I assume for that kind of striker playing so close to goal, being two-footed could result in a tangible increase in goals. That being said, perhaps the time and ability would still be better spent elsewhere, like trying to beat the offside trap, etc?

Note that I tend to play my strikers on the opposite side of their dominant foot to facilitate placing the shot at the far post (it seems logical, and I heard it recommended at least once before). So this lad is almost always the right-sided player in my striking partnership.

image.thumb.png.678b0e44eb8970a5fbdb37388d0c60c2.png

There's only so much you can improve a weaker foot (can't remember exactly how much, whether Reasonable or Good), so I'd leave it. As long as the other foot isn't useless, it's enough for me. :lol:

5 hours ago, Weston said:

His weaker foot is considered "reasonable." What is the general consensus on developing it further?

3 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

There's only so much you can improve a weaker foot (can't remember exactly how much, whether Reasonable or Good), so I'd leave it. As long as the other foot isn't useless, it's enough for me. :lol:

Yeh, you can't develop it beyond "reasonable".

Archived