Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfly016

Repeated date-specific crashes

I've been running into a peculiar problem with version 1.0.2 where the program hangs up on a specific date (January 9th, 2016) and won't advance. I'm just told that EHM has stopped working or is not responding, and I have no alternative to closing the game through Task Manager.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? I'd attach a save file but I'm "not allowed" attachments, maybe because I'm new to the forums (though a fan of EHM since the '07 version, which I still play).

I started new with the current TBL rosters, running on a machine using Win 7, 64 bit.

Hi nightfly016, I had the same bug as you at the same date. I found a solution to avoid the crash. The solution is to "go on vacation" for 1 day!

Have a good day

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Yep, do the vacation thing, or wait a REALLY long time, too. I've had things lock up like this before on certain dates, and then I've sat and waited ~10-15 minutes and it's suddenly loaded back in, on reloads where the vacation skip doesn't help.

This always happens end of June for me and at other dates that are data chugs where records need to be updated or players are released, etc.

I save compressed and safely, too, and it seems to have helped a bit.

Hi nightfly016, I had the same bug as you at the same date. I found a solution to avoid the crash. The solution is to "go on vacation" for 1 day!

Have a good day

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually got unstuck by saving my file uncompressed rather than compressed, but I'm grateful for the help.

PS - your English seems just fine to me!