Why isn't Kosovo a nation on FM16?

For some time I've been into doing Journeyman saves. Wanted to start a fresh one today and an idea of playing in eastern Europe soon popped into my head. Being a sucker for somewhat of a "roleplay/story" experience I was going to start as a Kosovo Sunday League footballer but that doesn't seem to be an option on FM16.

Why could this be?

With the likes of Crimea being added to the game I find it interesting that it has been left out. After all they have a national football team which has played official friendlies.

I think this matter has been discussed here before but no definite answer has been reached as far as I know...

They are neither a member of Fifa or of Uefa, and it's under dispute with Serbia, I think.

Kosovo can play friendlies in real life, but no national anthem or flag can be flown.

Until it's sorted out nationally it can't be added to the game, I believe.

But Crimea, Pays Basque, and several other "non-nations" (no offense) are in the database, if only to provide second nationalities...

The Basque country being in the game makes sense as it is essential as a database entry for Athletic Bilbao to function properly. I'm not well enough educated to know how Crimea differs from Kosovo for the game's purposes though, not least as I'm not aware of Crimea having a national football presence

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Would have thought the nationality warranted inclusion even if the NT doesn't get it's FIFA status sorted out because of players born in Kosovo that don't have any other nationalities (there must be some, surely?). They won't represent Serbia in the foreseeable future so they'd need to get an overseas passport to play international football, like several of them actually have done.

As a second nationality it would also reflect the reality of players unlikely to agree to play for clubs based in the Serbian or Russian leagues.

the ball keeps going over the side of the platform into the ocean.

Minor details my dear boy, minor details. Once they get that sweet UEFA money they can start building nets, or at least employing people to go into the sea to get them after the game.

Nice podcast here about their rise to UEFA membership and how this could affect Albania and Switzerland national teams.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03sjpq9

This is great news as a previous Kosovo database maker. Hopefully SI could make this league as a standalone database, a bit like the Gibraltar one. I will live in hope.

Role on FM17.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Excuse me

In FM2015, Gibraltar is a nation andit can play European Championship qualifying, but it can't play World Cup qualifying.

This is my question about Kosovo.

Is there a nation called Kosovo in Europe area?

If yes, can Kosovo play European Championship qualifying and World Cup qualifying?

1 minute ago, hk20020062 said:

Excuse me

In FM2015, Gibraltar is a nation andit can play European Championship qualifying, but it can't play World Cup qualifying.

If yes, can Kosovo play European Championship qualifying and World Cup qualifying?

You have posted in a thread that is over 2 years old :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, hk20020062 said:

Excuse me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Membership_of_Kosovo_in_international_sports_federations 20 seconds of searching, 2 minutes of reading.