[FM16] San Giovanni - A Sammarinese youth only challenge

Bedese

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Youth Intake Day!

c2ce7e9177dd422de2924f855c859ab1.png

9c0f23aa88a2e0a2a2c3d762e548733c.png

I'm not sure what to make of him. Is he rated that highly because we're so much worse now? For sure. Having said that, we didn't actually lose any strikers, and I think he's our best one already at the age of 16. No idea how much room he has to develop because 4.5* PA for us really isn't that high anymore, but it's an ugprade, and it's the start we need to get back on track.

44f535322143649de17f55fc4627f68f.png

He's nowhere near as good, but he's got room to develop, at least.

You have to do something new in the rules, regarding these transfers because it may lose the chances of winning games in the European competitions. I hope you need big payback.:(

1.) What are the profiles of the teams who acquired San Giovanni players? Also, their best player and background?

2.) How's the former San Giovanni players doing around after The Great Mistake?

3.) Did you hate gutting while losing star players?

4.) What would be the finish for the Happei Be'er-Sheva? Their star player?

5.) How's the finance of San Giovanni? Is they reach "under administration"?

6.) Who are the best players of Folgore, Faetano and Virtus?

It's actually something I've been thinking about. I won't start doing that just yet, but I could see myself doing it down the line. For now, I guess we're just going to try and rebuild the chairman's mess as best we can while I shift more of my focus for the NT and trying to qualify for a major tourney.

I actually had a dream last night where I was reading this thread and you had bought a load of South Americans :thup:

You have to do something new in the rules, regarding these transfers because it may lose the chances of winning games in the European competitions. I hope you need big payback.:(

1.) What are the profiles of the teams who acquired San Giovanni players? Also, their best player and background?

2.) How's the former San Giovanni players doing around after The Great Mistake?

3.) Did you hate gutting while losing star players?

4.) What would be the finish for the Happei Be'er-Sheva? Their star player?

5.) How's the finance of San Giovanni? Is they reach "under administration"?

6.) Who are the best players of Folgore, Faetano and Virtus?

SV Grodig are in Austria, 2.5* rep. Antwerp are in Belgium, 2* rep. Panaitolikos are in Greece, 2.5* rep. Samsunspor are from Turkey, 2.5* rep. Apollon are from Greece, 2.5* rep. KV Kortrijk are from Belgium, 2* rep. As for their best players and achievements, put it this way - I think we'd beat every single one of them.

I'll give you updates on the San Giovanni players if anything interesting happens to them. It's still early.

I cried :(

Be'er Sheva lost in the Playoff to Levante. Their best player is a Greek CB.

Our finances are secure. We actually still had 6 million in the bank when they decided to build a new stadium, so I have no idea why they got rid of half our team. It might get worse if we can't get back into European group stages, though.

Folgore: Alessandro Fellipi

Faetano: Fabio Vitaoli

Virtus: Felice Reale

I actually had a dream last night where I was reading this thread and you had bought a load of South Americans :thup:

Hahaha, that's pretty weird.

I think I've decided though, that I won't be buying any players. We'll keep going for a while, trying to get out of this mess and trying to get the NT to the finals of a WC/Euro tournament, but if the NT thing becomes too hard and we can't buy any players, I'll be stopping the save.

It's a combination of a few things - yes, the chairman wound me up (and probably killed our squad), but it's also the rep thing. If we've only got to 2* after about 120 years by constantly making the Europa Groups, and every other team is still 1/2* rep, it means the quality of everyone else in San Marino is going to stay so low - even when they turn pro and get money no-one wants to join them apart from Italian rejects.

The going pro thing is another issue - most of the times, these teams finances are insecure, because they're professional but not getting the European money consistently really hurts them. With our league rep buried all the way down, the TV money stays low, which means these teams are pretty much churning through money each year. I feel like, with the rep issue sorted out, it would just make for a much better save.

So...

I have to decide whether I'll start again or not if I do end up quitting, but at the moment I'm leaning towards yes. So, who knows, there might be three new San Marino stories on this board soon...

4a031834fa31e07877d7cb1d3c08d757.png

Poor. Really, really poor. The biggest game under my tenure, and we just didn't turn up. We battered them in the first half but failed to convert golden chances into goals, before they hit a 25 yarder just before halftime. We created nothing in the second half, and there goes our chances of making the Euros (although Hungary would have battered us in the Final anyway).

Frankly, that's just some more coding in the mess that is San Marino sadly, much like the 8 years NT, I suspect the chairman spazzing out and the subsequent low-ball fees is just a chimpout from a custom file.

Hahaha, that's pretty weird.

I think I've decided though, that I won't be buying any players. We'll keep going for a while, trying to get out of this mess and trying to get the NT to the finals of a WC/Euro tournament, but if the NT thing becomes too hard and we can't buy any players, I'll be stopping the save.

It's a combination of a few things - yes, the chairman wound me up (and probably killed our squad), but it's also the rep thing. If we've only got to 2* after about 120 years by constantly making the Europa Groups, and every other team is still 1/2* rep, it means the quality of everyone else in San Marino is going to stay so low - even when they turn pro and get money no-one wants to join them apart from Italian rejects.

The going pro thing is another issue - most of the times, these teams finances are insecure, because they're professional but not getting the European money consistently really hurts them. With our league rep buried all the way down, the TV money stays low, which means these teams are pretty much churning through money each year. I feel like, with the rep issue sorted out, it would just make for a much better save.

So...

I have to decide whether I'll start again or not if I do end up quitting, but at the moment I'm leaning towards yes. So, who knows, there might be three new San Marino stories on this board soon...

It would be a massive shame to lose such a long standing save (the longest one I've ever read) but it would be understandable. Don't give up on San Marino though!

I think for your own enjoyment and looking at the examples you have posted compared to others. You would only get your enjoyment back fully by starting again. I will still be reading whatever you decide but that's my honest opinion. Another thing you could do is change the chairmans loyalty to maximum and the fans confidence in him to maximum so he stays as long as possible and then his inteference stat to 0 so he doesn't accept stupid bids. You could offset that by if you get a large bid that would realistically be accepted then you accept it off your own back to keep the realism.

Only ideas of course and I look forward to hearing what you decide.

Thanks for your comments guys. I've decided that it's just too much work to rebuild our club after the chairman destroyed it, mixed in with the fact that the rep means that we're probably actually not going to be able to 'build' that far. I'll be starting the challenge from scratch, with the new thread going up at somepoint today.

Thank you all for following our journey so far. Now lets go back 130 years and get this done properly :D

(If anyone wants any details from the save like records, just let me know).

Been following this since the beginning and I've got to say it's been a great journey. A shame you have to start over but I do understand with the lack of rep increase and that idiot of a chairman. Will be following the new thread

Thanks for your comments guys. I've decided that it's just too much work to rebuild our club after the chairman destroyed it, mixed in with the fact that the rep means that we're probably actually not going to be able to 'build' that far. I'll be starting the challenge from scratch, with the new thread going up at somepoint today.

Thank you all for following our journey so far. Now lets go back 130 years and get this done properly :D

(If anyone wants any details from the save like records, just let me know).

Such a shame, but I am so glad you are starting over again :)

Will you be going with the same team?

What if you download this save you've uploaded on here, from the early 2100s? Just dont quit i love your savegame. You are the best

Haha thank you :D

It's not just the chairman selling our players, it's also the rep issue. That has no way of being fixed on this save because of the DB I started with. I'm hoping that we'll see more progress in the new save, so hopefully it won't be too long before we catch up to the level we'd reached here.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a real pitty to se it end, but understandable. I was absolutely amazed when I saw that you had run the save for almost 120(!) years! Such dedication, very well played!

I think with FM17 I am going to try and go for something middle of the road whereby I do a Scandinavian based save and rather than Youth only, I will do a save whereby I manage an Icelandic team and am only able to sign Scandinavians. With the focus still on youth, (but not exclusively), I think that gives the best potential for long term save development that we can all learn from.

Just a warning, Iceland has had problems in FM, and I don't think they are fixed or will be fixed for FM17. I did youth saves there in 14 (late) and 15, but stopped in 15 when I found out that the league quality had been dropping massively. Because of their semi-pro status and long winter break, Icelandic clubs can't buy foreign players and their own players don't develop, so the average CA of the league drops a lot when you get to the regen stage. Just something to look into before you start.

Archived