Sports Interactive Community
Bedese

[FM16] San Giovanni - A Sammarinese youth only challenge

You'll be like "Stay in school, kid" to most of them I suppose :lol:

Pretty much. I usually only sign three or four of them, so most of them can chase their real dreams and become an architect.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

20 wins out of 20, and a run of 14 clean sheets. Not bad.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

20 goals scored, 0 conceded, and another cup win.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Massimo Bernardi (YP142) - 8.14

The best CM we've had in quite a while.

Top Goalscorer:

Federico Berardi (YP135) - 31

His contract demands are way, way too expensive for us, so we might lose him in a couple years.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Fabio Della Valle (YP145)

For this year only, this is being renamed the 'Congratulations! You aren't Luca Stolfi!' award. We finally have a new starting keeper! He's not superb but he's got a bit of room to grow, and he's so, so much better than Stolfi ever was.

Aims for next season:

We probably won't be seeded again, but we desperately need to get the cash from making it back to the groups. Some of our players are on extortionate wages, and we'll be in financial trouble otherwise.

Other teams:

League Winners: :D

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Dinamo in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We got 3 points in the group. Fiorentino lost 8-0 to PAOK, Faetano lost 7-0 to Slovakians Trnava but Folgore did us a favour, beating Laci from Albania 2-1. They lost 5-0 to Croatians Zadar in the Second Round.

San Marino National team:

2122 Results -- 2123 Results

That was a tough, tough Nations League Group.

As I believe that after a big mistake happened in the youth intakes, I wondered that when you see good intakes, you should have tagged 2.5* players, but in a bad intake, tagging a 2* potential player should take them below to the U19, so that would be safe in tagging youth prospects. Will you find a new HOYD, who has better coaching? Let's see who will be winners the Champions League and Europa League. And also, is BMG and Dnipro going ahead in the tournament while Dinamo going good in the Champions League, or maybe not?

Arsenal won the CL and Leverkusen won the EL. Dnipro lost 7-2 to Lyon and BMG lost 4-3 to Valencia in the First Knockout Round, and Dinamo lost every game in their group.

63eae2bcf849fe8b572cd912f3ce5c47.png

I'm absolutely fuming. 14k is too good to turn down for one of our best players? He's just absolutely screwed us.

6251cb31a8a174cafe909b9fc9955e21.png

f8e4940cbfc94b0a4868d5cae829ea67.png

We're absolutely screwed. Our chairman has decided that the best way to deal with our money issues is to sell our best players for peanuts. What a genius - let's get 10k for players now, and then not make the groups because we don't have them, costing us millions. ****. I think we're done for.

9117f2bd72c33288b4500fcaa182cfa5.png

Screwed. That's our three best strikers behind Berardi who are gone. Our chairman is a f***ing idiot.

25525c4594882f134c1460c21b662694.png

1ca03fbcffc5608c44ce9ad4e64e176a.png

We were seeded by about 0.0001, and we should be beating Ferencvaros. Although, without so many of our players...

1947582b20b375321e91c2bbdbfaa9ff.png

We're just so much weaker now. We absolutely need to win this, but 2-2 at home is a bad, bad result.

dcbc1549c1e7e974dcb4082c63c93180.png

That's better. The problem is, Europa Groups aren't going to cut it. The money from that will probably keep us afloat (I'm not sure how much we'll save on wages from the guys our chairman sold), but it won't stop him selling everyone off again next time round. We really need to make the CL Groups - which would be a lot easier if he hadn't sold our f***ing players.

87ad496a0ff08ef67326dda855f11a89.png

I've got no idea why Dinamo are seeded so low and Salzburg so high, but I think I want Cluj or Olympiakos. I think.

6382ba3241f9966c2676546417155dec.png

I couldn't think of a more perfect time to finally beat them in a qualifier, but I just don't think it's going to happen. They destroyed us last year when our team was much stronger.

ec4bf424e7bcd7be03a59e6fa463b317.png

It's not a bad result, but it's not superb. I don't see us stopping them scoring at home.

36bb4b6cc826cc831a68a7f349df3a4c.png

I honestly have no idea what to expect. I think Spartak will be too strong for us, but I'm hopeful we can take at least 3 points off Vitesse.

009b3ab497398481abf05cb839901bb1.png

e4cdf1c419ef94867f598919c9fe3321.png

Here's the honest truth: I think our chairman might have killed us.

We're so much weaker now than we were at the start of the year having lost two starters and two excellent young talents, and it's just the start. Michele Tini (YP132) wants to move to a bigger club, and he'll be gone in summer. Federico Berardi (YP135) and Federico Cervellini (YP130) are our two other star players, and their contracts are both too big for us to afford, so they'll be going the year after.

Our squad is going to have so little talent left, we'll be losing about 50 years progress. My motivation for this save has really been sapped by our chairman's idiocy, and unless we start getting dramatically better intakes, I think we're done for.

Youth Intake Day!

Remember, we've lost so many players that our stars are going to be a lot easier to get. A player with 2.5* PA last year would have a fair bit higher potential than someone with 2.5* PA this year.

a54828c1ac5420a362f10c912a5d4c01.png

b8397ec2acbad1fb8e939a7b759f77cb.png

He's tall and can tackle, I guess? He looks pretty poor, if I'm honest.

9a67604e2fb69c4e56e80768b0d3c188.png

It's a mystery to me why all our keepers have such bad one on ones.

This was a terrible intake, in my opinion. Sure, we got two 2.5* PA players, but the CB looks poor and we have a whole host of GKs who are 'meh'. We're desperate for CMs and we didn't get one, we need strikers who we didn't get, we need FBs who we didn't get, and we need wingers who we didn't get. Not good.

These players were playing for big names may cause San Giovanni losing their chances of advancing to the Champions League Group Stage.:( I would expect to see a new chairman in the next 5 years or later.

So, is Dinamo repeating the worse in the Champions League Group Stage? On the other hand, is Tottenham and Vitesse are simply great in the knockouts? After that, who took the trophy of this year's CL and EL?

Hopefully it won't be long before we see you in the Europa League knockouts again.

well, we turned semi-pro, and i dont know if this is a bug, but my chairman pumped in 1 billion :o i continued for a week and the money is still there! i looooove FM bugs :D

although i fear it will ruin the experience, i will continue the almost-youth only challenge

well, we turned semi-pro, and i dont know if this is a bug, but my chairman pumped in 1 billion :o i continued for a week and the money is still there! i looooove FM bugs :D

Who are you and what did you do with Jupjamie?

i could borrow him some money if he needs :D

i could borrow him some money if he needs :D

Yes please :D

Can I borrow about 20 grand to get a cannon to shoot my chairman out of?

how about 20 million if you like :D

i think this will be a test to see how the players will evolve with perfect facilities and how many stars we will get though

That's like a kick in the guts. I hope you can carry on, remember, never give up. :thup:

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

We're getting close to a streak of 200 games without losing in the league.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Yay.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Claudio Muccioli (YP144) - 7.99

The fact that he's our best player shows how far we've fallen.

Top Goalscorer:

Federico Berardi (YP135) - 36

We're going to lose him in a year.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Diego Peralta (YP141)

He's a decent winger, I guess.

Aims for next season:

No idea.

Other teams:

League Winners: :D

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: We lost to Dinamo in the Playoff.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We got 3 points in the group. Libertas lost 3-2 to Bangor, Pennarossa lost 5-0 to Rangers and Folgore lost 4-2 to Shkendjia from Macedonia.

2123 Results -- 2124 Results

We were a win over Estonia away from making the Euros :(

These players were playing for big names may cause San Giovanni losing their chances of advancing to the Champions League Group Stage.:( I would expect to see a new chairman in the next 5 years or later.

So, is Dinamo repeating the worse in the Champions League Group Stage? On the other hand, is Tottenham and Vitesse are simply great in the knockouts? After that, who took the trophy of this year's CL and EL?

Dinamo got two points in draws with Atletico and Napoli, Spurs lost to AC Milan in the quarters, Vitesse lost to Twente in the Second Knockout Round, Valencia won the EL and Dortmund won the CL.

2842d856f97c9411d25b257bf6178368.png

There goes the best player in our history. Tini was unbelievably talented, and easily good enough to play in the Premiership if he'd wished. At 32, he's off to pursue that dream, but I fear it might be too late for him. I'm amazed we kept hold of him for so long, to be honest. He played 358 times for us, scored 19 times, got 3 assists, 4 MOTMs, an average rating of 7.21, and not only was the best defender we've ever had, but the best player in terms of talent. He'll be sorely missed.

Season Review

2123 Results -- 2124 Results

We were a win over Estonia away from making the Euros :(

Is Euro qualification still weirdly glitched to have teams with terrible results go through to the playoffs? It really bothers me in FM15.

Is Euro qualification still weirdly glitched to have teams with terrible results go through to the playoffs? It really bothers me in FM15.

I don't think so. Nations League group winners get a spot in the playoffs to have a chance to qualify for the Euros - we came second, but I'm presuming that our group winners qualified for the Euros through their Euro Qualification Group, so we took their spot in the playoffs instead.

ab681352d6539a08ef51baf6953c0a96.png

152c7d611e37aee2acf9b2e96b2acf01.png

Thankfully, we were seeded again, and we shouldn't have any problems against the Maltese Champions.

e58b43e58cd94cade2a3f80d1dcd7958.png

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Our useless chairman has left the club - but he might have dragged us down with him. Am I one to disclose my feelings to the press?

fd62e3778af46a2a542947d742554e8b.png

Nah...

9c41442bd22f91c5fbee0c53e944e22b.png

This is probably my fault. I told them to aim for Luca Biordi sitting in the stands, and they took that message to heart. We might want to try scoring in the second leg, though.

1e2b9e8405afb53403edf5b33bfbad01.png

That's better. Biordi didn't come to this game, for some weird reason...

b5936923d793b4d330d427611d1b8a03.png

Probably not got a chance against any of them, but I guess Legia might be the easiest.

ab49e86f408ca8d483628360a095cfe1.png

It could be worse.

efec137c839f82ab96c0cfe9e88914b4.png

Federico Berardi (YP135), you beautiful, beautiful man. I want to kiss you.

I didn't even bother to post the first leg result - we lost 2-0, and I didn't see us getting back into the game with the way we played in the first leg. That all changed in the second half at home - Berardi's movement was just too good for Olympiakos, and three close range finishes later, he's sent us into the CL Groups - and possibly saved our club. The money we get is going to be huge. If he does end up leaving at the end of the season, we couldn't have asked for a better parting gift.

My word, that's savage :lol: About the worst possible group you could have gotten.

Magnificent thread, by the way. A great read.

My word, that's savage :lol: About the worst possible group you could have gotten.

Magnificent thread, by the way. A great read.

Thank you! :D

Who cares!

Play the kids and take the money! :lol:

My first team is basically just kids anyway :lol:

Great job getting back to the Champions League despite all the obstacles.

Great job getting back to the Champions League despite all the obstacles.

Thanks Riku :D

Not them kids.

The even younger kids. :D

Well, I could have, but then something like this wouldn't have happened...