What leagues to load?

So I will be starting my first Football Manager 2016 game, and I`m wondering what leagues i should load?

I would want to load as many as possible. Would my computer be able to load all the leagues or i will need to remove some leagues?

My PC specs are:

Gtx 980

i7 4790k

16 gb ram

Best way to tell is to press the recommended setup option and going from there..

It's all relative to how each person likes to play, speed wise.

I play large databases, but at a very slow pace compared to lot's of others I've noticed.

Others prefer smaller databases that wizz through seasons.

Recommending a setup is pointless tbh.

I play as a one club manager and always feel I need to load as many as I can. As I start lower league it is a bit pointless as you don't get to scout abroad until say League 1 (Eng) and from the Championship upwards the level of player who would interest you will always be in the game, available to scout anyway. If you have no intention of managing around the world or continent then stick with your one country, or perhaps the whole of UK and Ireland. In the long run it doesn't give added value. All the foreign top flight players, of a good standard will be there... at least I think so, though happy to be corrected.

I tend to take the regional approach as well, at least with one-club saves. So when I manage in Denmark, I load all the Nordic countries and nothing else, when in England, I load the British Isles etc. Plus I add all players from the nation I'm managing in.

With a journeyman save, I will load the leagues I expect to manage in along the way. Always remember that you can add/remove leagues later in a save.

As nickdc said, having more leagues loaded doesn't really add that much in terms of gameplay. The view-only option is a good alternative, if you just want to see a (simulated) league table. And you can still make those leagues playable later...

Archived