Sports Interactive Community
eupheus

Player career stats messed up

Do you have any anti-virus running? Did you perform a scan of your machine while running the game at all?

Yes, Avast. Antivirus was running but FM was excluded. No scans were made while the game was running.

Yeah, it looks like some of your history files have been corrupted somehow. Do you have an older version of the save you can check back on and see if the histories are alright in those?

Yeah, it looks like some of your history files have been corrupted somehow. Do you have an older version of the save you can check back on and see if the histories are alright in those?

I just so happened to save over it before I realized this issue, so I don't have a backup save. But if I remember correctly, it seemed to be fine just a few weeks ago in game.

Could you explain how it got corrupted ? First time this has happened even though I've had my antivirus on the whole time, other saves weren't affected.

It can happen for various reasons, although it's pretty rare. I imagine your anti-virus will have performed a scan and caused the files to be corrupted, this doesn't happen every time it scans though which would explain why other games haven't been affected.

It can happen for various reasons, although it's pretty rare. I imagine your anti-virus will have performed a scan and caused the files to be corrupted, this doesn't happen every time it scans though which would explain why other games haven't been affected.

I see, so I guess I got unlucky with that save then.

But I excluded FM in my antivirus though ?

Is Steam also excluded from your antivirus?

I didn't exclude Steam.

Were you hidden Football Manager files also excluded? Those found in the following location: C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016

Please remember that the hidden files and folders need to be turned on to see these files. Details on how to turn them on here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

I'd suggest adding Steam too.
Were you hidden Football Manager files also excluded? Those found in the following location: C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016

Please remember that the hidden files and folders need to be turned on to see these files. Details on how to turn them on here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

I will add both. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Thanks for the feedback on this issue.