Sports Interactive Community
Bechii

Selecting a Affiliated Club

Hi

I have now tried to select a affiliated club, but i have been in the club so long now, that the board let me choose one. but every time i try to select one, the club couldn't work out a deal. is it possible just to let the club select a list of possible clubs that i can choose from? or is it only the clubs that are listed in "Choose Club" which can be selected?

Thanks!

Hey Bechii,

I believe that you can turn down the opportunity to select the club yourself in the board meeting. This will mean the board go off and about a month later return the usual shortlist of a few clubs for you to make the final decision on.

Alternatively, in the news item where you are asked to select a specific club you can simply hit [Confirm] rather than choosing a club and the board will go off and return with the shortlist for you to choose from at a later date, rather than you having to select a single club cold.

Hope that helps,

Seb.

Sorry if I'm hi-jacking the thread, but on a very related note:

Has anyone ever had an affiliation set up based on their own suggestion? I always use this option as soon as the board will let me, but I have yet to see the club I suggest agree to a link. I have tried clubs of all sizes, reputations etc. compared to my own, but to no avail...

Has anyone ever had an affiliation set up based on their own suggestion? I always use this option as soon as the board will let me, but I have yet to see the club I suggest agree to a link. I have tried clubs of all sizes, reputations etc. compared to my own, but to no avail...

If it's a bug report it :thup:. I'm going to keep trying for mine. I've just got my first attempt - got the achievement last night and I suggest Seattle as they have no foreign affiliates and they have quite high rep but as you can see it wasn't possible.

9f000969c42f9e7252573a69ee95917e.png

I had my suggestion for a south african club approved for arsenal in my 5th season :)

The amount of times I've suggested a club only to "unable to negotiate terms" is stupid. Then to wait another 6 months for a chance of an Affiliated club.

When I was with Stockport in the Sky Bet 2 I wanted a satellite-club in the Vanarama National League, so 1 league below. When the option appeared at the board, I saved, choose to select a club by myself and tried all the clubs, every time the board failed to make a successful agreement. There were clubs with low/high reputation and with no other/lots of satellite&mother clubs. So in my opinion definitely a bug. Two things I noticed though that are worth mentioning:

1) when you decide to select the affiliate by yourself and then receive the newsitem, in the bottom click on select club(or something like that) you get on a page with a list where the board's recommendations are, these clubs will always succeed. During above experiment this list was different almost every time, but in my case there were only clubs 2 or more leagues below. So I choose one from the list that had a high chance on promotion, they did but I did to, so still no satellite-club 1 league below me :seagull:

2) As soon as you propose a club, the board will decide within a x period. The day of decision can be seen at the board page in the status field of ongoing board request. I noticed this day differ a lot to, sometimes it will be 10 days, but it can also be like 20 days. What is strange, because you will think a board should have structural meetings that are planned way before.

I've been successful at suggesting my own feeder club, both on FM16 and in earlier versions, so I don't think it's a bug. When you specify what type of feeder club you're looking for (before the board offer you the option of choosing your own), make sure your choice would be valid (e.g. don't select an American club for a UK work permit). I managed to get Red Star as a feeder when I asked the Newcastle board (in 2018, mind) for a work permit feeder.

i play fm-touch and all couple years my board brings a new feeder club in. what i find dumb. that are always **** clubs with bad facilities and if i select 1 for my manager to talentlist, they usually get transfered to one of these clubs.

has someone experienced if its possible to overload such club with top players so they get promoted? does it bring any advantages?

Hi Seb

Thanks a lot, i will try just to use the "confirm" button. I was afraid that there would not be any club to choose if you just used it. but I'll try!

BTW VIALI, i have also tried to choose one of the clubs on that list you are talking about - it also failed to make a deal... :(

"Glad" to see I'm not the only one experiencing frustration with this "feature"... :rolleyes:

Hey Viali,

If you think you have a bug there please do head over here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues - and open up a post.

I'm not necessarily sure I agree that those are bugs, but definitely worth looking into regardless.

Cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb, thx a lot for your reply! Maybe I was a little bit to fast with that conclusion, because others have replied now that it is possible. Although, I would really appreciate if someone from SI can clarify the factors that involve the success/fail decision from the board when you propose a satellite-club by yourself. So far I still haven't succeeded to get a satellite-club 1 league below me, even clubs with low reputation and no other connections failed.

Hi Seb

Thanks a lot, i will try just to use the "confirm" button. I was afraid that there would not be any club to choose if you just used it. but I'll try!

BTW VIALI, i have also tried to choose one of the clubs on that list you are talking about - it also failed to make a deal... :(

Hi Bechii, Thats really interesting, I was convinced that these were no-risk recommendations. Pure out of curiosity, was this a foreign club, and if not how many leagues below you?

Hi Viali

It was a foreign club from USA, I am Leeds btw, promoted to PL. i can't remember the club, think is was Seattle last time i tried..

Hey Viali,

If you think you have a bug there please do head over here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues - and open up a post.

I'm not necessarily sure I agree that those are bugs, but definitely worth looking into regardless.

Cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb, thx a lot for your reply! Maybe I was a little bit to fast with that conclusion, because others have replied now that it is possible. Although, I would really appreciate if someone from SI can clarify the factors that involve the success/fail decision from the board when you propose a satellite-club by yourself. So far I still haven't succeeded to get a satellite-club 1 league below me, even clubs with low reputation and no other connections failed.

Hi Seb, Is it possible for you or any colleague to shed some light on these factors? Cheers