Sports Interactive Community

I am trying to open the pre-game editor but it crashes before opening. I keep getting this message Editor 2016 v 16 . 2 . 0 rc 750630 quit unexpectedly. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it did'nt work. Also there is no cache folder in the editor folder. Any suggestions?

Have you made sure you've installed the full game?

Yes I have the full version of the game and it is updated. The problem started when the editor froze and I had to force quit it. since then i get this error message.

Have you tried uninstalling both the editor AND the game? Then reinstall the game first and then the editor. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

I have the same error too...opened the editor, closed, re-opened and crash.

tried to remove content and reinstall them but not solved crash.

tried to clean cache with no luck.

ps. I'm using a macbook pro

SOLVED: manually deleting the cache (no use steam function)

Clear your cache -

Windows XP:

1. Click "Start" then click "Run"

2. Type the following into the run box and press "Enter": %appdata%

3. Go into the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

4. Go to the "Football Manager 2015" Folder.

5. Delete the "Cache" Folder found inside here.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click "Start"

2. Within the "Search Programs and Files" box, paste the following then press "Enter": %localappdata%/sports interactive/football manager 2015 (The manual location is: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive)

3. Delete "Cache" folder

Windows 8

1. Click "Desktop."

2. Launch a file explorer window (a folder for example or just press the windows key + the letter "E" at the same time)

3. In the address bar at the top copy and paste the following then press "Enter": %localappdata%/sports interactive/football manager 2015 (The manual location is: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive)

4. Delete the "Cache" folder

Mac

Delete the folder here: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Caches

I thought you said you did that in the first post? Either way, glad the issue is now resolved and thanks for letting us know.

OK I'm having the same issue... Following the above instructions, let's see if it works...

...waits...

Nope... Any ideas?

Screenshot (18).png

I am having the same problem - FM16 Editor crashes immediately after starting the application. No apparent reason, and I am finding this happening on a machine what the program worked perfectly fine just a day earlier.

I have uninstalled all software, including the Steam interface, deleted all program folders and then reinstalled all software once more, and I get the same issue.

This is really frustrating - any ideas would be appreciated