[FM2016] Saudi Arabia v.01

mhEKmsF.png

Hello everyone,

just like last year I have spent way too much time fixing the bad state the Saudi Arabia data in the default FM database is.

Changes that were made include:

- activated top 3 divisions (3rd division divided into two groups), activated Super Cup, Crown Prince Cup and Champions Cup

- up-to-date transfers for all the teams in the first division. Possibly will release an updated version once the winter transfer window closes as well.

- adjusted/added/fixed: Player CA/PA, reputation, positions, foot preference, DOB, height, weight, skin colour, skill/mental/physical stats. This was either done based on sources from internet or my own judgement of the ability of the individual player.

- added foreign player regulation: 4 foreign players MAX, at least one of them has to be Asian.

- adjusted transfer preferences

- added loads of rivalries

- adjusted club finances and reputation

I ran several simulations with the latest version of this file and I'm happy with the results. Hopefully you'll have a good time managing in Saudi Arabia if you're interested and looking for a new challenge :) Also big thanks to Suggy33 for helping with the editor on loads of occasions, that thing can be a real pain to work with.

The file can be downloaded from the Steam Workshop under the name of "Saudi Arabia v.01": "LINK" Remember you have to download the file directly from FMs main menu "Downloads".

Thanks for your work! I hope CA/PA's aren't overrated or biased :) ? Do you know how the researchers base their evaluation for Asian leagues? Just to be sure that Saudi Arabian/local/domestic players shouldn't be very highly rated compared to better teams in Asia (Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia and to some extent Uzbekistan, Iraq etc..).

Some players like Al Shahrani have too much CA and PA, should be around 116/138, Al Jassim maybe around 120 CA, Ghaleb 115

Thanks for your work! I hope CA/PA's aren't overrated or biased :) ? Do you know how the researchers base their evaluation for Asian leagues? Just to be sure that Saudi Arabian/local/domestic players shouldn't be very highly rated compared to better teams in Asia (Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia and to some extent Uzbekistan, Iraq etc..).

Some players like Al Shahrani have too much CA and PA, should be around 116/138, Al Jassim maybe around 120 CA, Ghaleb 115

First off all, I don't really know how SI rates all the leagues or nations. Your comment actually made me compare my data with the default SI data in terms of ability and in short: if anything this file downgrades Saudi Arabia/the Saudi League.

Saudi non-retired players with CA of 90 or more in SI default data: 270

Saudi non-retired players with CA of 90 or more in my update: 178

Average CA of top 25 Saudi non-retired players in SI default data: 113

Average CA of top 25 Saudi non-retired players in my update: 113

Highest rated Saudi in SI default: 122 CA

Highest rated Saudi in my update: 125 CA (Al Sahlawi)

There were loads of extremely overrated Saudi players sitting somewhere as free agents (who would sign for first div clubs immediately) in the SI database, those were downgraded quite heavily, so overall the nation lost quite a bit of substance. As for players like Al Jassim or Ghaleb your suggested values only differ from mine by like 2-3 points so I guess that should be fine. Really like Al Shahrani that's why he's on 121 right now and I think I well keep it like this :D

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

First off all, I don't really know how SI rates all the leagues or nations. Your comment actually made me compare my data with the default SI data in terms of ability and in short: if anything this file downgrades Saudi Arabia/the Saudi League.

Saudi non-retired players with CA of 90 or more in SI default data: 270

Saudi non-retired players with CA of 90 or more in my update: 178

Average CA of top 25 Saudi non-retired players in SI default data: 113

Average CA of top 25 Saudi non-retired players in my update: 113

Highest rated Saudi in SI default: 122 CA

Highest rated Saudi in my update: 125 CA (Al Sahlawi)

There were loads of extremely overrated Saudi players sitting somewhere as free agents (who would sign for first div clubs immediately) in the SI database, those were downgraded quite heavily, so overall the nation lost quite a bit of substance. As for players like Al Jassim or Ghaleb your suggested values only differ from mine by like 2-3 points so I guess that should be fine. Really like Al Shahrani that's why he's on 121 right now and I think I well keep it like this :D

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)

Thanks for the great explanation, your file is actually really useful because I play a lot in the Asian region, whether national teams or leagues and it makes it way more realistic (I hope that you can do this for the next games as well FM17, 18 etc..) . But yeah, I will take your word for it :) Al Shahrani is only 23 and that's why I say that his stats are fairly overrated, especially his PA which would probably make him transfer to big teams and leagues in the game I presume (maybe you can confirm this for me if you ran a simulation few years in?) and in real life I'm pretty sure such a thing wouldn't happen and he will most likely play his whole career in Saudi Arabia.

Also can you maybe tweak some things that will prevent Saudi Arabian domestic players from transferring abroad? Because on the default database I always notice an unusual amount of Saudi Arabian players transferring abroad to Europe which is not true to real life. I hope you understood what I meant :)

afaik the likelihood of Saudi players moving abroad in this file has been hugely decreased, but not impossible.

from the tests I ran we saw them mainly going to Japan or Korea, if they did leave, which wasn't often.

the transfer preferences IN have been modified too, so that Saudi clubs should prefer to buy Asian, African or Brazilian players mainly.

Yeah, forgot to mention changes to transfer preferences in the first post. Saudis will most likely play in their home country for their entire career. As for the foreign players that sign the focus is mostly on West Africa, South America, Middle East and to a lesser degree Eastern Europe and the rest of Asia.

Another thing I was annoyed with were the top clubs exchanging their key Saudi players way too much, really should take a lot to convince Al Faraj to join Al Nassr for example. One thing I've done to prevent this from happening a lot is to set relatively high loyalty values for those guys. Shouldn't be a lot of fluctuiation.

I've subscribed the file in Steam, but where does it go? I can't find the league when I start a game.

You have to subscribe to the file while you're on FM via the main menu.

e8406dbf08da11a82865446db3b06f54.png

It should work like that and the file will appear at the start of a new career. If not, try to restart the game :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I think you made a mistake with you match rules, you set "Maximum amount of foreign players (excluding Asian ones)" to 3 however you have to add "Maximum amount of foreign players" equal to 4, because otherwise you will only have 3 max foreign players and others will be unregistered, that's what happens in my save so 1 foreign player always remains unused/unregistered

Hi I think you made a mistake with you match rules, you set "Maximum amount of foreign players (excluding Asian ones)" to 3 however you have to add "Maximum amount of foreign players" equal to 4, because otherwise you will only have 3 max foreign players and others will be unregistered, that's what happens in my save so 1 foreign player always remains unused/unregistered

Yeah, been waiting for someone to point that out. Basically the rule how I set it up works perfectly for the human player, but the AI doesn't do it correctly. Believe me, myself and Suggy33 have tested so many different settings to get it to work perfectly, this one came closest.

However, none of it actually is a problem anymore now that the foreign player rule changed irl, and 4 foreign players regardless of origin can be used in the league. This will be updated with the version I shall released in a couple of weeks, until then I hope you can live with the current settings ;)

Saltcreek: Why don't you post all the errors you find in the data thread. That gives the Asian researcher a chance to fix the DB or even invite you to help...

The default DB is so outdated that it would be way too much work to post in the thread. I doubt the problem right now with it is that the researchers get it wrong, but that nobody really is looking into it.

Yeah, been waiting for someone to point that out. Basically the rule how I set it up works perfectly for the human player, but the AI doesn't do it correctly. Believe me, myself and Suggy33 have tested so many different settings to get it to work perfectly, this one came closest.

However, none of it actually is a problem anymore now that the foreign player rule changed irl, and 4 foreign players regardless of origin can be used in the league. This will be updated with the version I shall released in a couple of weeks, until then I hope you can live with the current settings ;)

Oh really it changed to only 4 foreign players? That's weird because most top asian leagues use 1 Asian foreign spot now like qatar, iran, uae etc.. :) Oh well it is easier to fix for you now so it's fine for me

Oh really it changed to only 4 foreign players? That's weird because most top asian leagues use 1 Asian foreign spot now like qatar, iran, uae etc.. :) Oh well it is easier to fix for you now so it's fine for me

For the AFC they still need 1 Asian foreign player if they want to use 4, but the league itself got rid of those regulations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
afaik the likelihood of Saudi players moving abroad in this file has been hugely decreased, but not impossible.

from the tests I ran we saw them mainly going to Japan or Korea, if they did leave, which wasn't often.

the transfer preferences IN have been modified too, so that Saudi clubs should prefer to buy Asian, African or Brazilian players mainly.

Could you please tell me how to prevent domestic players from moving abroad? Is it possible to put an age limit when they can leave? For example, until they are 25 years old? Your help would be most appreciated. Thank you!

• 3 months later...
The default DB is so outdated that it would be way too much work to post in the thread. I doubt the problem right now with it is that the researchers get it wrong, but that nobody really is looking into it.

Might be that they don't have a dedicated researcher to Saudi Arabia, you should contact the Asian HR and offer your help, then you don't have to do all the changes after the game is released.

Archived