Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevez27

Will a macbook pro run FM16 well?

Would a Macbook Pro 13-inch with these specs i5-5257u 8gb Iris pro 6100 run FM16 well?

I am going to buy a new laptop/macbook and i'm currently leaning towards the macbook pro with the above specs. However I have read lots of stuff on here about people struggling to play the game on their macbooks. I'm not worried about 5 star graphics performance, but would like a 5 star computer performance with a good game speed with a lot of leagues loaded. Will the 2d match engine run smoothly? And the 3d engine without retina mode activated?

Thanks in advance

There are some problems with macbooks, but there are also some problems with other computers and OS. As every user have a different set-up. I think it works for the majority of users, otherwise you would seen hundreds of threads about problems here.

(FM 2016 runs okay on my macbook pro without using retina display. I close most of the other apps when playing FM, which helps, as FM using a lot of CPU power)

Thanks for replying

What spec Macbook do you have? Can you tell me what star rating you get for computer performance? And does the 2d match engine run flawlessly because that's my personal favourite way to view matches?

I'm the wrong person to answer this. I did not use 2D since the game introduced 3D. :)

I just purchased a 15" MacBook Pro and so far it runs beautifully. My only issue has been running the 3D match engine through AirPlay onto my 70" tv screen. It's not as crisp, I understood that would happen, but after I drop AirPlay it goes to a funky screen size on the MacBook. First world problems.

Overall, I've played about three hours, four preseason matches in 3D, it's been exemplary. Lots of nations and a large player database.

Do you both have dedicated graphics cards or do you have the iris pro? What 3d graphics rating do you get in the preferences screen?

Would a Macbook Pro 13-inch with these specs i5-5257u 8gb Iris pro 6100 run FM16 well?

I am going to buy a new laptop/macbook and i'm currently leaning towards the macbook pro with the above specs. However I have read lots of stuff on here about people struggling to play the game on their macbooks. I'm not worried about 5 star graphics performance, but would like a 5 star computer performance with a good game speed with a lot of leagues loaded. Will the 2d match engine run smoothly? And the 3d engine without retina mode activated?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

have a look at his thread. I described there how i setup FM 2016 for my macbook.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/448471-New-Macbook-Pro-Retina-problems

Thank you very much for that Teeblatt, that is a big help.

Can I ask how many stars you get for computer performance? And what 3d rating you get with the iris graphics? And how quick the general game play is (not match day, just normal processing from day to day)

Many thanks

Thank you very much for that Teeblatt, that is a big help.

Can I ask how many stars you get for computer performance? And what 3d rating you get with the iris graphics? And how quick the general game play is (not match day, just normal processing from day to day)

Many thanks

Hi,

for 3D graphics capability i get 3 1/2 stars.

Computer performance i get 5 stars.

I have chosen 30 leagues, 45.000 players -> estimated game speed 2 stars.

General processing seems fine to me. Maybe its the SSD that gives me the performance.

Bye

Teeblatt

Thank you so much for letting me know all of that, you have been a great help Teeblatt. I have never had a Macbook before so I'd like to know as much as possible about them before I get one

Anybody else's experience with Macbooks and performance would be greatly appreciated too

First of all, thanks for letting me know about Quickres Teeblatt. Haven't had any problems running FM since i tweaked preferences but the blurry text have been an 'issue'.

kevez27...

I have a Macbook Pro retina (2015). Running almost every country and league. +140,000 players and large database. The game runs smooth except from dates like 31 august and 31 december - but not close to how the fans kicked in before i tweaked. Very smooth in general.

For 3D i get 5 stars.

Computer performance 5 stars.

I'm also new to Mac so software like Quickres is new to me.

First of all, thanks for letting me know about Quickres Teeblatt. Haven't had any problems running FM since i tweaked preferences but the blurry text have been an 'issue'.

kevez27...

I have a Macbook Pro retina (2015). Running almost every country and league. +140,000 players and large database. The game runs smooth except from dates like 31 august and 31 december - but not close to how the fans kicked in before i tweaked. Very smooth in general.

For 3D i get 5 stars.

Computer performance 5 stars.

I'm also new to Mac so software like Quickres is new to me.

Thank you dalmashimself, that sounds very promising. As you get 5 star 3d rating, am I right in thinking you have the 15 inch MBP with dedicated graphics card and i7 processor?

Thank you dalmashimself, that sounds very promising. As you get 5 star 3d rating, am I right in thinking you have the 15 inch MBP with dedicated graphics card and i7 processor?

Your actually wrong. Have the 13 inch with i5 processor. I'm so in love with Mac (have been a PC user for all my life) that i will go for an Imac later this year. Was worried at the beginning with Mac+FM but as i said with som tweaks it runs very good!

Hope you find the right solution and are satisfied with that. Don't hesitate asking more questions now or further on!

Please use the General Discussion forum for questions about hardware. Thanks.

Can I ask if you guys have any issues with overheating? I'm planning on getting the base model Macbook Pro 13 inch w/retina display. The resolution I plan on playing is 1080p but I don't mind going below that if I have to. I don't care much about the high graphic settings although I do plan on playing with 3d match and about 7 leagues with large database. I wanted to know if that would give me any sort of issues with performance and specially overheating? I don't really like when laptops get hot, which is why I wanted to know if serious overheating is a problema with the Macbook Pro 13 inch on FM. Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, Mokambo said:

Can I ask if you guys have any issues with overheating? I'm planning on getting the base model Macbook Pro 13 inch w/retina display. The resolution I plan on playing is 1080p but I don't mind going below that if I have to. I don't care much about the high graphic settings although I do plan on playing with 3d match and about 7 leagues with large database. I wanted to know if that would give me any sort of issues with performance and specially overheating? I don't really like when laptops get hot, which is why I wanted to know if serious overheating is a problema with the Macbook Pro 13 inch on FM. Thanks in advance!

Please post this in the general discussion forum.