Sports Interactive Community

Hi,

I'm trying to load my save games and none of them will load. The loading bar is appearing but only loading about an inch and then nothing else happens.

I need to use task manager to close FM down and when this closes down it comes up complete installation 0% followed by a message saying the servers are too busy - I was wondering if this maybe has something to do with it?

Cheers.

I have tried the above suggestion which didn't work and also tried uninstalling the program etc.

I have also tried uninstalling the game, clearing cache, removing custom graphics, validating game with steam and also tried saving new games and won't work.

Hello cmair93,

which operating system are you using please?

Unfortunately it sounds like your save might have been corrupted. Could you try to create a new game, save it and try to load the save to see if it occurs again please?

I'm using Windows 10 - this happening with all my save games not just one. I have already tried this with a new save, same happens.

Where exactly are you trying to save the file to? What is the folder location?

Have you tried uninstalling McAfee (if you do make sure Windows Defender is on and active) then uninstalling and reinstalling FM?

I'm saving to the original save game folder within the Sports Interactive folder and also tried uninstalling McAfee and uninstalling/reinstalling FM.

PS. Another thread brought up a temp fix by creating a new user account and playing through that which seems to be working, so my only guess is the new patch has triggered some sort of user permissions for a load of folk. Hope this helps trying to find a fix for this as it's a bit of an inconvenience having to do this just to play the game again and don't get why the new patch would trigger this to happen.

EDIT: Sorry Neil, hadn't noticed you had replied to the thread with the temp fix.

The new 'patch' (or update) was released a considerable amount of time ago, so it would be unrelated to that.

As I posted in the other thread it sounds like the folder permissions may have somehow been locked.

To try and rectify this, find the folder (located in Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2016 -> games) and right-click on the folder.

- Click 'Properties'

- Go to the 'Security' tab

- Make sure you have full options for the folder (Read, write etc) for your user and confirm the changes.

Can you also check for the entire Football Manager 2016 folder and see if it's the same?

Have you tried saving/loading the game from another folder? If you created a separate folder in your documents and then save/loaded from there what does it do?

Sorry, I never got the chance to try this.

Windows 10 wasn't doing any updates so I had to restore back to factory settings anyway and then re-install Windows 10. By doing this I re-installed FM and got my saves working again from which I saved onto a USB hard drive so i didn't lose them.

Thanks for the help though but I'm back playing and fingers crossed it remains!

I have installed the game fine and when i go to start up the game i get a error message that says "crash dumps" i have tried everything i can think of and still i get it.

IMG_20170908_183052.jpg