Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hagzor

Problem! Players are invisible/everyone standing on the midfield

Hi,

I had used almost the whole last week researching the whole world for new players for my Mainz save.

When I was going to play my first game, the match goes on as always, but the players are invisible/not shown even if the ball moves and the text describes what is happening. All players from both teams are standing on top of each other on the kick off mark.

I use some editor files on this save to get more teams and players, but the same problem happened when I tried another save I made a month or two ago. Exactly the same problem occurred then. So that should not be the problem, this error have occurred after the new patch was installed.

What has happened after the last patch, and what should I do?

Please help me as quickly as possible.

This is really, really annoying.

Best,

Andreas

I'm still on 10.9.5 (Mavericks). Do you think that has anything to do with this?

Do you think El Capitan will work?

Look forward to hear from you!

Try this:

Close the game

go to user/Library/application Support/sports interactive/Football Manager 2016

delete the cache folder

start the game again

It didn't work, unfortunately =/! I guess its not necessary to start a new game to see if it works or not, or?

No, I don't think that the save game is the problem.

Did you already try to re-install the game? Deleting local content in steam and downloading it again?

You could first verifying the game cache, if that not work, install it again.

Verify the game cache did not work, unfortunately.

I have not re-installed it yet as I hoped it was possible to fix it without it, but you think that might solve it? I think its weird that it suddenly changed and did not work after the new update. Everything worked perfectly before the new patch..

I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game. You save game files will be kept safe during this process. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the game now. Still doesn't work unfortunately... What to do then?

And your highlight setting in the gam pref. is NOT set to commentary only?

This is the custom skin, the only exception is that I have put up the statistics overview to the left during matches=/!

Sorry, I misunderstood you. This is the FM skin (original skin), I will try another one now.

Did you re-boot your computer? I think it's something with your graphic card, as I never heard of this issue before.

Yes, i did that as well =/.

I think its really weird that this happens straight after the patch/update is released as well?

Its not been any issues with other programs than FM after or before the patch..

I checked now, Its actually exactly the same issue in 2D, that all players stand on the kick off mark....

One other try:

Right click on the FM icon. --->information --> tick "start with low resolution".

When you start a new save, does it also occur? (How many players did you load into that game? Should be no more than 120k for the MacBook.)

Yes it does, I've tried it a couple of times with no luck.

With regards to the number of players, its approx 40-45 000 players I use to include..

Is there a special reason why you don't upgrade to El Capitan? 10.11.2 is very stable and works fine. Could be the solution.

I usually wait a bit with the upgrades as it often is some bugs early on with new OS's, but now i actually think I will do that. Thank you for the information, and I will get back to you as soon as I have updated! Fingers crossed!

Last thing that I can think of is to set in the pref the rendering method, from gpu assisted to software assisted.

Tried it, but did not work.. Thank you so much for the help, if you have any other suggestions, please shout out!

It's so annoying that it doesn't work, so I'm open for suggestions!

The players and the fans stand with their arms out like that, but they aren't moving at all (Look at post 12 here). They just stand still even if the ball is moving..

Tried to start the game, go into the match calendar and then back to the current game.. Didn't work either... =/

But when you watch the highlights of another match, does it look the same?

What happend when you switch to 2-D and back to 3-D?

No change at all, even in 2D the players are standing on the midfield, and the same occurs when I turn it back again =/

Anyone who can help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated.. Haven't been able to play the game since before Christmas... =/

Can you please post your system specs, and advise what graphics settings you've set for the Match?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", mid 2014)

2,6 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris 1536 MB

Is this enough specs, or do you need more info?

Usually, Ive played at High graphic settings, but turned it down to low and did not change anything.

Okay, what OS version are you running - the full version number can be found in the Apple menu -> About this Mac

10.11.2 (El Capitan)

Updated a couple of days ago as it didn't work with 10.9.5 (Maverick) as I had before

1280*800 is my resolution.

I've done the three steps now. I had not deleted the preferences folder before, but even if I hadn't.. No change.. Still the same issue..

Do you play the game in Norway language? If so, try to change the language to English. Does this makes a difference?

Yes, I play in Norwegian. Tried to change it now. No difference unfortunately =/

Yes I do, face pack and logo pack, but removed these when i reinstalled the game. I have always used these packs after the game came out.

I'm starting to be so insanely pissed on this game, and for the new patch that have destroyed every evening the three last weeks...!!!!

I can understand your frustration. But I don't think that this is related to the patch, otherwise there would be a lot of threads about it.

It must be something on your mac, that causes the problem.

Did you also try to switch to window mode and back and try every resolution with/without zoom that is possible on your macbook?

I tried several resolutions both with and without the retina display, with and without zoom. Did not work or change anything unfortunately. Not tried to switch to window mode. Can try that now.

The reason I react towards the game and patch is that this occurred from the first time I launched the game after the patch was installed. It may be other reasons, but it sounds weird to me that it suddenly would happen something else.