Managing finance in Swedish lowest league

Hello all,

When starting a career, I usually pick a club from a small country (footballwise) and then the lowest tier.

My current career started in Sweden with Hogaborgs. Results are very good and I enjoy my time. But...my finances just go downhill. I have a salarybudget of 18k per month, but I have a loss around 30-50k per month. Bonus structure is low. I could figure out the loss, but what I am curious about; do you have some suggestions about how to manage finances in the lowesy leagues of Sweden?

Any notes:

A transfer of a very good player, usually gives me a 10k max of income.

Talents are ok, but don't get much from that on the short term.

League attendence is around 75 people per match.

I'm also playing with the same club and, yeah, it's a £30k loss every month. I have no clue whatsoever how to tackle it. Thankfully the board doesn't seem too concerned with it. They just take out loans to cover the loss.

I get finance reports saying that the expenses are going to deteriorate in the following months, but nothing happens. The loss just accumulates, with no measures taking place.

I guess that sooner or later the board simply have to raise it as a problem they want me to handle, at least that is what to logically expect.

I've stopped playing swedish lower league. Used to play my local team (IFK Luleå) but getting more and more in red and not able to even sign lower league players just made me quit. Got nothing to do with real life! If it was, they would have gone bankrupt. Also, the way training is set up...aaarrggghhh... Luleå irl trains almost every day. In FM sometimes the train once a week.

I started up the Gundo challenge at newly-promoted Nike, and because the finances were poor, I set the chairman as responsible for hiring and negotiating contracts. He actually got me Tonton Zola Moukoku as a coach at $85/week. I keep my player salaries a couple $K below the limit, try to ignore the "percentage of transfer fees retained" notices, and accept that we'll never see any money until we hit the top league and get some continental $s.

End of season at Nike - the board wants to meet with me to propose buying our home ground. Considering our financial situation, I can't see the benefits of buying our grounds instead of renting, so instead I propose (since they evidently have the money to buy the grounds) that it would be better to spend money on our training facilities (because they're crap). Instead, the board comes back with "we don't agree with you, due to the current financial situation" and end with "we hope next time we have a meeting it goes better"...Um, you don't want my opinion, don't ask for it, just spend your dumb money on the dumb stadium...dumb dumb pants. It really doesn't matter what I propose, they always shoot it down.

Archived