Can't Score

I'm playing as Liverpool and my players just cannot seem to score. We have so many chances and I'm lucky if we score once in a match.

Can't say it's my tactics either because I watch the chances and it's just players missing one-on-ones and that's players with great finishing like Danny Studge.

Then the opposition go up the other end and score no problem.

What's going on?

Low composure, low morale, low confidence, wrong team talks.

Low composure - certain players are struggling to score and buckle under pressure in CCC situations. Be wary if composure is 10 or lower.

Low confidence - long streak without a goal hurts his confidence. Nothing else to do besides encouraging team talks (no pressure, have faith) and giving him chances in team (+ cross fingers). Sometimes after one goal it's like a floodgates open.

Wrong team talks - check your players' body language during games. Nervous, very nervous or complacent players rarely score. You can set his mind straight with your team talk. Each team talk have slightly different effect and it depends on player, opponent, pre-game odds and player morale. Learn to know your players and their reactions - who needs more encouragement and who expects manager to set a challenge.

Games broken lol dont be so silly i have played cm/fm for many years and i am finding this fm the easy 1 to score in i do concede alot of goals aswell tbh your best bet is to look at the tactic threads they will help you very much

Games broken lol dont be so silly i have played cm/fm for many years and i am finding this fm the easy 1 to score in i do concede alot of goals aswell tbh your best bet is to look at the tactic threads they will help you very much

Tactics yes i should change mine really to sit back have about 5 shots then win everygame like the AI does its not tactics if im playing teams of the park everygame and hitting the post 5+ times a game or the AI keeper having a worldy every game !!!!! Why is everyrhing tactics ffs

You ask why is everything tactics pal emm football is about tactic is it not :rolleyes: .Anyway i have found going wide works very well on this version get your wingers working good luck finding 1 that works for yourself it took me a while to figure a good 1 myself

I have a good tactic just my players need 15 shots to score 1 goal like i said i hit the post 5+ times a game either im unlucky or every forward plays the same way my games normally go hammer the AI for 10 shots etc then concede a goal then hammer the AI again and either draw or lose or scrape a win i played hull they are bottom of the league not won in 14 games but there forward banged a hatrick he must of been really happy on the day etc

If you need 15 shots to score a goal then your tactic isn't a good one.....

You are either exaggerating or you need to work on your issue. The bottom line is the ME is the same for both you & the AI and doesn't know who gives the orders so whatever the AI can do you can as well.

I have to say, I'm finding LONG stretches where my team is just completely incompetent at finishing. Like 5-6 consecutive matches where we're outplaying opponents and creating significantly more chances but getting 0-0 finishes because every shot is woodwork, directly at the keeper, or WAY off target. I get the feeling it's some sort of morale-based penalty and I wish it would be toned down.

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Blackmore said:

FM is biased when it comes to scoring chances. The player is much less likely to score from the same chance than the AI.

No, this is horribly incorrect. The ME cannot distinguish between human and AI.

Massively thread necro. :D Going through the opening posters history (doesn#t seem to be around anymore), unsurprisingly he has the same thing as almost anybody going through "this". Either by downloading or creating extreme tactical approaches not only does he dominate shot stats plus possession basically every single match (coupled with AI dropping deep anyway often). Despite all those stats he compresses the space this much that he averages like 15 corners alone a match, and at a set piece "created" like every 2nd to 3rd minute the ball is in play, you can take your guess where those shots are then worked from... space it ain't.

Somebody of the beta test guys please encourage the lads to include a more detailed shot break down in future iterations. There's only so long you can repeat this over and over before annoying everyone. :D

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived