Board/Fan feedback after trades/games

It seems like whenever I make a deal, fans and board always freak out because they think its a bad deal.

Just recently I traded my farm goalie (26y 3* rating i think) for a 2nd rounder. They guy had played in 6 NHL at that point and while probably turning out as a solid back up he wasnt going to be anything special. I have seen this with most of my deals and I dont think those were particularly bad. It might be related to "only" receiving draft picks in return and the fans/board not valueing those enough?

Sometimes similar things happen after I loose games vs a rival. F.e. I was just coming of a Stanley cup (my 2nd in 3 years) and started the new season with like 6-3-2 before losing 1-4 vs Minnesota. Then I got a message that fans gathered for a demonstration to get me fired.

Luckily I play with human GM sackings turned off, otherwise I probably would get fired before finishing a single season.

The "fans/board" is disregarding the situation of your rosters and the reason for you making the trade and are making their call on the trade itself only.

This has ridiculous effects sometimes. I've had to trade players due to going over the 50-contract rule and when trading a decent no.12/13 D for a decent prospect been abused by both board and fans. It's one of the "places" where this game could improve and become a bit more realistic.

Well its not a game breaker but only if you are playing with GM sackings turned off.

I have won my 3rd cup in that season I mentioned and after that the board and the fans were obviously happy. However, now in the next season with me going 30-16-4 so far the board is telling me that the fan support is going down again. Not really sure what they are expecting but it appears to be that I am on the hot seat unless I am absolutly dominating the league.

Dont get me wrong, I really love the fact that the game is much more challenging than 2007 was but right now I would say its a tough as nails challenge if human GM firings are enabled.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived