Tianxia - All Under Heaven for 16.2

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK,

I have a new tactic.

Thanks go to LordAEM for coming up with a set of team instructions which i think are really solid, we've got rid of the high line and get stuck in which were problematic.

I tend to avoid playmakers as i don't like the ball the be attracted to a certain player when there are possibly better options available, but having tested LordAEM's version the playmaker got high ratings and had a positive influence on play so i've incorporated 1 into this tactic to good effect.

Before i talk about the tactic i need to set the scene.

After getting very bored in my main Maidstone save after finishing 5th in the Prem i decided to sell every 'foreign' player and replace them with English/British players only.

Essentially I shipped 14 foreign players out and brought 14 British players in during the off season.

I knew blending in an entirely new team which was far weaker than the original would be tough and sure enough i had 2 points after 10 games. I rallied to get to 38 points but couldn't avoid relegation. This was using Tianxia.

I survived relegation, but the whole squad asked to leave but i refused apart from a couple of them.

Even in my relegation season i was dominating teams using Tianxia yet getting shafted game after game, so i wanted to try a new approach.

So i have a British only team, strong for the division who all hate me. Even though we're top of the league, 2 thirds of them have had very poor morale all season.

All of which makes it a bit tricky to asses the tactic, but we look really good so i thought i'd put it up if anyone would like to try it.

D81Zz4I.jpg

kP5KmQl.jpg

TACTIC

https://www.mediafire.com/?uaetvl4931yy8wr

The main requirement of the tactic is Wingbacks who can cross, noticed a good number of headed goals so if at least 1 Striker in good in the air it should help.

Will report back when i've finished the season.

Tried the original tactic and had mixed results. Some really good performances and then some very poor ones. Good for creating chances and dominating games but a lot of counter attacking goals conceded. Unfortunately now though things have gone AWOL and I've gone 10 games without a win, AI seeming to create more CCC's every game. Held a team meeting to encourage players to get back to form, morale still high. Looked like things had worked as my last game we were 4-0 up in 25 minutes against Cardiff. Dominating the game, no problems.

Cardiff (20th, already relegated) then turn into Barcelona and score 4 within 20 minutes (2 pens) and end up going on to win the game 5-4. Worst thing is it could have comfortably been more - they had 9 CCC's overall.

Can you put up the team instructions and any player instructions please

Team instructions;

Shorter Passing

Pass into Space

Look for Overlap

Lower Tempo

Close Down Much More

Player Instructions

All standard apart from.

Wing Backs - Cross to far post (very important)

GK - Distribute to Full Backs

DLF - Shoot less often

BBM - Shoot less often

BWM - Shoot less often

Half Back - Shoot less often

Shoot less often is already on the Advanced Playmaker and you can't add it to the Poacher.

I can't take on that new tactic as I don't have the right balance of players for it (and to be honest im slightly loyal to one of my wingers), annoyingly it is quite similiar to the first tactic I tried on this save before I started with 4-5-1's, which was inspired by englands 1966 tactics, and despite the narrowness, it wasn't too bad, but I think it just looked a bit flawed so I changed it after 3 league games (maybe I should have given it longer), im gonna try and come up with a hybrid to accomodate teams built around a 4-5-1

Team instructions;

Shorter Passing

Pass into Space

Look for Overlap

Lower Tempo

Close Down Much More

Player Instructions

All standard apart from.

Wing Backs - Cross to far post (very important)

GK - Distribute to Full Backs

DLF - Shoot less often

BBM - Shoot less often

BWM - Shoot less often

Half Back - Shoot less often

Shoot less often is already on the Advanced Playmaker and you can't add it to the Poacher.

Thanks mate looking forward to trying two striker formation I'll update on my progress

With reference to the Diamond Tactic.

Just got through the January window, 10 points clear at the top of the Championship and very, very consistent.

Now they know they're not leaving this season and we are firmly on course for promotion the players who've been sulking as i won't let them leave have changed there tune and are now happy to stay and push for promotion.

At least part of my success so far with the tactic will be down to player quality, we have a strong squad for sure but my back up Advanced Playmaker is 15 years old and rated as currently decent for non-league and he's played 10 league games, same goes for my back up keeper who played 2 months and rated as good for non league.

My poacher is my best player rated as a Leading Premier League player and he's scoring a goal a game, the rest of the team are a mixture of Good Premier League, Leading Championship and Good Championship. So a good team but there are probably 5 or 6 former PL teams in the division who are just as strong if not stronger.

Will look to add 3 players next year for my Premier League Campaign and that will be the true test.

I must say, i'm not seeing the frustrating patterns of play i saw using Tianxia where we would dominate, miss loads of chances and then concede with the 1 or 2 chances we would give up.

Its much better football, i don't get the feeling i've been robbed every other game (in fact, we've done some robbing of our own ;)) and this season has been enjoyable and we're even scoring an average of 2 goals a game.

Most of this positive stuff might just be because we're a strong team in the Championship and we might start getting shafted again next season when we step up to the Prem. Time will tell.

I'd nearly given up on the game, but this has brought some joy back.... for now at least.

I can't take on that new tactic as I don't have the right balance of players for it (and to be honest im slightly loyal to one of my wingers), annoyingly it is quite similiar to the first tactic I tried on this save before I started with 4-5-1's, which was inspired by englands 1966 tactics, and despite the narrowness, it wasn't too bad, but I think it just looked a bit flawed so I changed it after 3 league games (maybe I should have given it longer), im gonna try and come up with a hybrid to accomodate teams built around a 4-5-1

What's interesting, with no one in front of them and defenders occupied centrally with the 2 Strikers and the AVP the Wingbacks literally have ACRES of space to receive a pass and then run into.

By chance both my first choice strikers are good in the air and are powering half there goals in via headers.

Pretty spectacular to watch.

The Wing Backs are pretty much guaranteed good ratings, as is the Advanced Playmaker, i've had my 15 year old back up AVP running games.

Very weird ME this year.

Since everyone has stopped sulking the goal scoring has really picked up.

qfCnncA.jpg

Since agreeing to stay at the Club my poacher has scored 17 goals in 8 games, 8 goals in the last 2 games, 5 in the last game!

yRmvVDE.jpg

With the new tactic what are you doing with Opp instructions.

Also what are you doing with training pre season and during the season once tactic is fluid?

Had amazing success with Tianxia V2 with less TI's. Got my unfancied Boston promoted losing only 3 games. 2 of which were with lots of kids after we won the league. Took over as Boston gaffer halfway through season 1 and plugged in tactic with about 10 games left of first season. Only lost 6 league games in the 50 or so I used it in. Not in front of game now so can't give exact stats, but loving it with Boston.

However........ Cannot get it working with my Spurs save. Really struggling and keep losing to the odd chance I concede and I'm really struggling to score goals. Tried plugging it in halfway through my second season as spurs manager and because of the poor results thought I'd start a new spurs save and use it from pre season. Still no success. Thought it would work well with spurs.

Odd thing is, it works well with Boston with square pegs in round holes, but with spurs, and the right players in the right roles, it's really not working!!!!!

Ok,

Poacher;

Acceleration

Off the ball

Finishing

Composure

If you can get all this and someone good in the air all the better.

Deep Lying Forward;

Passing

Vision

Finishing

Composure

Again, we float a fair few crosses so if they are good in the air all the better.

Advanced Playmaker

Passing

Vision

Flair

Technique

As you would expect, our AVP will see a lot of the ball, we want him picking out the Wingbacks as well as anyone in the box in space.

Box to Box

Work Rate

Team Work

Determination

Passing

Contributes to all phases of play, the engine of the team.

Ball Winning Midfielder

Tackling

Marking

Work Rate

Determination

The teams enforcer, win the ball and play it simple.

Half Back

Marking

Tackling

Decisions

Positioning

Sits and holds in front of the back 4. Snuffing out attacks before they build.

Wingbacks

Crossing

Work Rate

Stamina

Acceleration

You main creators, get the right ones and your looking at 20+ assists a season each. Crossing is vital, you'll carve open defences.

Centre Backs

Marking

Tackling

Jumping Reach

Acceleration

Quick centre backs are less essential in this set up but they are always much better than slow one's.

Goal Keeper

Aerial Ability

Reflexes

Handling

One on One's

Hi - I've been following this thread for a good few months and thought I would share my findings with you as some feedback. Playing with Chelsea, who don't necessarily have the best players for the roles (wing backs, CMs and F9, in particular).

Here are my results:

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures.png

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_2.png

A very slow start to the tactic as you can see from the links. Followed by everything 'clicking', followed by outplaying every team, 65%+ possession, shot ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 and losing or at best, not scoring. Struggling at the moment to score in open play but realise I may not have the best players for the roles used.

Feedback is generally as expected. Costa isn't a great F9, although provides a large number of assists. I've found Remy to be just as useful. AML (Hazard) and CMR (most attacking CM player - Fabregas) are joint top scorers.

Starting team looks something like this:

GK: Courtois

DR: Ivanovic / Azpil

DCR: Terry / Cahill

DCL: Zouma / Chambers (£12m)

DL: Azpil / Baba

DMC: Matic / Mikel

MCL: Biglia (£27m)

MCR: Fabregas / Oscar

AMR: Willian / Oscar

AML: Hazard / Pedro

F9: Costa / Remy

I currently sit 4th in mid Feb so not amazing results at all. That run of defeats in Feb has killed me and just been given an ultimatum by the board to get 10 points from 5 games or I'm axed, so will update. That said, the tactic looks so promising at times, but I sometimes struggle to score from open play.

##Sorry - had this tab open for a few evenings meaning to reply, and this post relates to the tactic on page 1, not the one on this page.

Hi - I've been following this thread for a good few months and thought I would share my findings with you as some feedback. Playing with Chelsea, who don't necessarily have the best players for the roles (wing backs, CMs and F9, in particular).

Here are my results:

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures.png

Schedule_Senior_Fixtures_2.png

A very slow start to the tactic as you can see from the links. Followed by everything 'clicking', followed by outplaying every team, 65%+ possession, shot ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 and losing or at best, not scoring. Struggling at the moment to score in open play but realise I may not have the best players for the roles used.

Feedback is generally as expected. Costa isn't a great F9, although provides a large number of assists. I've found Remy to be just as useful. AML (Hazard) and CMR (most attacking CM player - Fabregas) are joint top scorers.

Starting team looks something like this:

GK: Courtois

DR: Ivanovic / Azpil

DCR: Terry / Cahill

DCL: Zouma / Chambers (£12m)

DL: Azpil / Baba

DMC: Matic / Mikel

MCL: Biglia (£27m)

MCR: Fabregas / Oscar

AMR: Willian / Oscar

AML: Hazard / Pedro

F9: Costa / Remy

I currently sit 4th in mid Feb so not amazing results at all. That run of defeats in Feb has killed me and just been given an ultimatum by the board to get 10 points from 5 games or I'm axed, so will update. That said, the tactic looks so promising at times, but I sometimes struggle to score from open play.

##Sorry - had this tab open for a few evenings meaning to reply, and this post relates to the tactic on page 1, not the one on this page.

Thanks for the post.

That pattern of play is familiar with Tianxia, i persisted with it for a long time as i did have decent success with it, 2 promotions with Maidstone and then as high as 5th in the Prem with them. The fact that we were so statistically dominant frustrated me, i kept thinking we could/should do a lot better so i persisted with it probably longer than i should have.

Think the 41212 is much better, concede a few more but score a lot more.

First season back in the Prem, apart from a 7-1 away gubbing at Man U (who have a Monster team) its going really well and is fun to watch.

Sticking to having a British only team.

WJBPYVy.jpg

Thanks for the post.

That pattern of play is familiar with Tianxia, i persisted with it for a long time as i did have decent success with it, 2 promotions with Maidstone and then as high as 5th in the Prem with them. The fact that we were so statistically dominant frustrated me, i kept thinking we could/should do a lot better so i persisted with it probably longer than i should have.

I had the same experience with tianxia, statistically I was so ahead but the scoring was not at par with the stats. I used it in league 1 as newly promoted 2 seasons in a row and it helped me achieve mid table positions.

OK,

I have a new tactic.

Thanks go to LordAEM for coming up with a set of team instructions which i think are really solid, we've got rid of the high line and get stuck in which were problematic.

I tend to avoid playmakers as i don't like the ball the be attracted to a certain player when there are possibly better options available, but having tested LordAEM's version the playmaker got high ratings and had a positive influence on play so i've incorporated 1 into this tactic to good effect.

After getting very bored in my main Maidstone save after finishing 5th in the Prem i decided to sell every 'foreign' player and replace them with English/British players only.

Essentially I shipped 14 foreign players out and brought 14 British players in during the off season.

I knew blending in an entirely new team which was far weaker than the original would be tough and sure enough i had 2 points after 10 games. I rallied to get to 38 points but couldn't avoid relegation. This was using Tianxia.

I survived relegation, but the whole squad asked to leave but i refused apart from a couple of them.

Even in my relegation season i was dominating teams using Tianxia yet getting shafted game after game, so i wanted to try a new approach.

So i have a British only team, strong for the division who all hate me. Even though we're top of the league, 2 thirds of them have had very poor morale all season.

All of which makes it a bit tricky to asses the tactic, but we look really good so i thought i'd put it up if anyone would like to try it.

D81Zz4I.jpg

kP5KmQl.jpg

TACTIC

The main requirement of the tactic is Wingbacks who can cross, noticed a good number of headed goals so if at least 1 Striker in good in the air it should help.

Interesting.

My current tactic (based on yours from FM14) is extremely similar.

Hal-back is Anchor Man.

APa sits in central MC position.

Poacher is advanced forward and DLF is a F9.

Instructions: Control, Flexible. Push higher up, press more, prevent short distribution, shorter passing.

Winning the Championship with Wolves (predicted 12th).

Main goal outlet is the AFa, with both wing-backs collecting tons of assists.

OK,

I have a new tactic.

Hi

Ive been really successful with a very similar tactic but the wheels completely fell off it on the 16.2 patch. Interesting that you've managed to get it to work under this patch. I'll have a look at yours as I've got all the right players for it. Although I play with a target man and a false 9.

OK,

I have a new tactic.

D81Zz4I.jpg

kP5KmQl.jpg

TACTIC

You appear to have struck gold again :)

I've played 3 games so far. 0-0 first game, a 6-4 win away in the second and a 2-0 win in the third. Lovely football being played :)

Got into the Permier using your tactics in 2024/25 and finished 14th(been very hard imo)

6th in 25/26

10th 26/27..

then I have had this run...

fmsi4_zpscq9xo09i.jpg

fmsi3_zpsmagdulso.jpg

I play 41212 at home...

and have the players to play Tianxia away from home. took a me a good few season to get the players in and keep them.

started with the 41212 last season mid 10 games in...

FMsi2_zpslz6fvi7o.jpg

FMsi_zpsk8ml76ok.jpg

Interesting post Streetlight.

I've just started testing an away version of the 41212.

There are 2 approaches i can see to go down when setting up away from home.

A traditional Counter Attacking set up aimed at punishing teams for over-committing by hitting them on the break. This sounds great and is what most teams do in real football away from home but on FM its never really been an effective approach for me. AI teams are simply too incisive with their attacks and if they have a lot of possession in your half of the pitch they'll simply score more goals than you could ever get from counter attacking them.

Which leaves us with a 'possession' based approach, or more appropriately a denial of possession to our opponent.

Not many teams are technically good enough to adopt this approach in real football but on FM its possible to set up to take the lions share of possession and simply work on the basis that if you have the ball 70% of the time, that only leaves 30% of the time your opponent can get at you.

If you use that 70% possession even moderately effectively in an attacking sense you stand a good chance of picking up points away from home.

I have tested the Counter approach to rule it out and sure enough i don't think its viable.

So the Plan away from home is to run the 41212 with the team instructions from Tianxia as they were geared up to dominate possession anyway so its no surprise to me you have had success just using Tianxia for away games.

Not tested this yet but its likely the way to go, give or take 1 or 2 tweaks. Don't think we'll need a formation change which means we could flip the Home/Away tactics situationally as required.

Possibly would knock the Wingbacks to support on the away version.

Defensive/Contain mentalities may also be viable but i have found Standard to be flexible enough to deal with most things.

Will report back when i've done some testing.

interesting ive been using your latest version for about 10 games with some positive form and results. not perfect but definetly looks good ive just created a version with the above suggestions for away games.... and im hoping holding 1 goal leads because its driving me insane throwing away home leads that keep turning to draws in the last 15 minutes. I'll let you know how i get on. Ive added the full back instructions from the newest tatic and took that formation. and player positions. set the fullback to support everything else is the team instructions from the OP tatic.

Really enjoying the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic, thanks very much for making it! :) Managed to get four back-to-back promotions with Oxford City with other tactics (various versions of 4-3-3 from the FM base forum), but was struggling a bit in the Championship, 17th at Christmas. Switched to Tianxia first as I was really enjoying the play, even though results weren't great. Then switched to the 4-1-2-1-2 and the results were very good - really nice play, no frustrating games, first time the gameplay in 16.2 reminded me of good real-life teams (well, maybe not the fullbacks...) Most importantly, with other tactics even when I was winning all goals I conceded had the same pattern - mainly crosses to the far post - which was getting really annoying. And this is the first tactic which managed to get rid of that.

Went on a 12-match unbeaten run and managed to make the playoffs, but lost in the semi-final to Reading on penalties. Needless to say, I definitely have one of the worst teams in the division, 45k wage budget and even the promotion from League 1 was quite lucky - so this is quite an achievement! Looking forward to buying some players in the summer and having another go at promotion. By the way, my away form wasn't much worse than my home form - maybe this depends on reputation in some way. But will try out the away tactic if you make one. Cheers!

Home form is ridiculous.

l41mgPY.jpg

l6uOQaZ.jpg

30 points out of a possible 33.

Away form is still puzzling.

The possession based approach enables you to absolutley dominate games, but somehow fail to score and then concede very late in games. Few wins, few defeats and lots of draws.

I'm going to re-visit counter attacking and see what can be done. Points wise its better to have a win/loss tactic than one which produces loads of draws.

A season of my Wingbacks as requested.

They were both injured but we reached 3 finals so still got plenty of games.

cy1EqqB.jpg

DLwiy2D.jpg

28/29 assists each, Jake played a lot less games.

Had a great season won FA Cup & League Cup, 2nd in League 2 points behind Man U who have won the league 7 seasons in a row, still using a British only team.

Settled on an Away tactic, will likely post everything up on a new thread later as its getting confusing on this thread including the Counter Attacking away tactic.

Archived