[FM16: Interactive Experiment] - It's an International Game

Dave.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies for not posting in forever, I've been really busy lately! I hope to be a little better with updates now. Sorry guys!

Hope to see the full list of teams joined in the World Rankings before 2022!

Yeah, I was thinking of starting a year-end feature where I post the top 25 or something? As in FIFA rankings not the points tallies.

No Ghana in the African Cup of Nations? They must have really slipped.

Yeah a lot of big teams have been missing out on tournaments! Italy for example didn't qualify for the last World Cup, and I'm sure there's been at least one huge African side missing from every African Nations tournament so far.

This is fantastic stuff.

I know you are set to release an upload after 2025, but did you also do one at the start of the save? I wouldn't mind giving it a go, if I could.

Consider yourself to have another follower :)

I had planned to do that actually; just the DB file - but it's something which I keep forgetting to do! Will upload one so people can have a go right from the start :)

And I'm glad to hear that!

ADDITIONAL INTERNATIONAL ROUND-UP

Asia

East Asian Cup

2021 - South Korea (China finish second)

AFF Championship (Southeast Asia)

2020 - Malaysia 3-2 Singapore (agg)

Europe

European Nations League

2020-21 - Germany 1-0 Italy

2020/21 EUROPEAN NATIONS CUP

Final

Germany 1-0 Italy

Semi Final

Germany 3-2 Ukraine

Italy 3-0 Russia

Division A

Relegated: Austria, Croatia, Portugal, Greece

Division B

Promoted: Serbia, Wales, Belgium, Netherlands

Relegated: Bosnia & Herzegovina, Romania, Sweden, Armenia

Division C

Promoted: Finland, Bulgaria, Ireland, Poland

Relegated: Estonia, Slovenia, Belarus, Lithuania

Division D

Promoted: Scotland, Latvia, Israel, Albania

2021 CONFEDERATIONS CUP

2021ConfederationGroups.png

2021ConfederationKnockout.png

Canada hosted this time, but unfortunately for their supporters, gave them nothing to cheer. Ghana made the most of an easy group to qualify for the semi-final, where they stunned Italy. England eased through against Chile in the other semi-final, before demolishing Ghana in the showpiece for more honours.

2021 NORTH AMERICAN GOLD CUP

2021GoldGroups.png

2021GoldKnockout.png

St Kitts and Nevis and Aruba made their debuts this season; with the former stunning the continent to qualify. They were admittedly aided by Honduras who, along with Canada, put out their B side while the A sides were playing in the Confederations Cup. Canada's Bs did very well though; finishing second in their group at the expense of Guatemala and shockingly poor Costa Rica.

USA were beaten by Jamaica in the quarter final, and the Jamaicans were so unlucky to lose out on penalties to Mexico in the final after a thrilling match, for their third final defeat in four Gold Cups. Maybe next time?

It's challenge time! - Some of these should be pretty easy to get; but others might be quite hard. Please do try not to cheat by looking things up (although you won't find the whole riddle anywhere as I just made it up!). The first person to get every answer right will win the chance to revolutionise the game-world with the biggest prize yet. I'm going to process the end of season player rankings and the 2022 World Knockout Cup while you have a crack at the riddle - you can take as many guesses as you like, but the winner is the first person to have all 17 answers correctly listed in a post which hasn't been edited. Good luck!

Player A has never won the Champions League (aka European Cup), but has scored in it for five different clubs, all of whom have won it.

He has also scored for a sixth club, Club B. During a different decade to his time at Club B, Player C played for Club B. During a further different decade to either, Player D played for Club B. Players A, c and D all played in the same position, and have amassed over 250 international caps between them, although none have ever won an international tournament; neither have their nations.

Player A's first club was Club E; not one for whom he scored in the Champions League (aka European Cup) but a team who have reached the final of that competition. Manager F and Manager G were in charge of the two teams, Club E and Club H in that final, and both managers hailed from Nation I.

Nation I's two most capped players are Player J and Player K. Player J played for Club H in the Champions League (aka European Cup) final against Club E, while Player K made his league debut for Club L where he played with Player M. Player K, who played with Player A at Club B, is widely considered one of the greatest players to play for Club N, while Player M is widely considered one of the worst managers to manage Club N.

Player O is an answer to a previous question in this thread, and has played with Player K at Club N and Club P, and has played at Club B but at a different time. Player O's countryman, Player Q, has also played for Clubs B, N and P.

Player Q recently took Player A's title as the most expensive (cumulative career transfer fees) footballer ever. This is a title that Player A took from Player R, who started his started his career at Club B, although never played at Club B during the same time as any of Players A, C, D, K, O or Q.

Name A to Q.

A is ibrahimovic

B is PSG

C is Pauleta

D is George Weah

E is Malmo

F is Bob Houghton

G is Brian Clough

H is Nottingham Forest

I is England

J is Peter Shilton

K is David Beckham

L is PNE

M is David Moyes

N is Manchester United

O is Gabriel Heinze

P is Real Madrid

Q is Angel Di maria

R is Nicolas Anelka

wow one post in the whole forum and you get that right. No point me going for it as the above is completely correct. Just hope that guy supports Gibralta. Seeing as he has never posted before, what happens if he never comes back?

A-Ibrahimovic

B-psg

C-Ronaldinho

D-George Weah

E-Malmo

F-Bob Houghton

G-Brian Clough

H-Nttm Forest

I-England

J-Ashley Cole?

K-David Beckham?

L-Preston

M-Moysey

N-Man United

O-Gabriel Heinze

P-Real Madrid

Q-Angel Di Maria

R-Nicolas Anelka

Amazing Quiz! Good to see you back in action:)

wow one post in the whole forum and you get that right. No point me going for it as the above is completely correct. Just hope that guy supports Gibralta. Seeing as he has never posted before, what happens if he never comes back?

lol yeah I thought he had gotten it right, but still wanted a crack. I had to change some however as I didn't want to be told that I cheated.:p

It may be my first post, but everyone has to have one, i've been a long time reader, for many many years now but never felt the need to create an account. However this thread has made me want to be a part of it. In regards to which team(s) i will support i haven't decided yet, i will have to see but i have enjoyed the support of georgia among others, but before i decide who i will help i will need to see what the prize is.

A is ibrahimovic

B is PSG

C is Pauleta

D is George Weah

E is Malmo

F is Bob Houghton

G is Brian Clough

H is Nottingham Forest

I is England

J is Peter Shilton

K is David Beckham

L is PNE

M is David Moyes

N is Manchester United

O is Gabriel Heinze

P is Real Madrid

Q is Angel Di maria

R is Nicolas Anelka

Welcome to the forum! And as Jim says - spot on.

A-Ibrahimovic

B-psg

C-Ronaldinho

D-George Weah

E-Malmo

F-Bob Houghton

G-Brian Clough

H-Nttm Forest

I-England

J-Ashley Cole?

K-David Beckham?

L-Preston

M-Moysey

N-Man United

O-Gabriel Heinze

P-Real Madrid

Q-Angel Di Maria

R-Nicolas Anelka

Amazing Quiz! Good to see you back in action:)

lol yeah I thought he had gotten it right, but still wanted a crack. I had to change some however as I didn't want to be told that I cheated.:p

Sadly Ronaldinho has won the World Cup and Ashley Cole never played for Forest, but then it sounds like you knew all that already...

It may be my first post, but everyone has to have one, i've been a long time reader, for many many years now but never felt the need to create an account. However this thread has made me want to be a part of it. In regards to which team(s) i will support i haven't decided yet, i will have to see but i have enjoyed the support of georgia among others, but before i decide who i will help i will need to see what the prize is.

Well, congratulations for both your first post and then win zosterace!

Please let me know your nation of choice - they can be as big or as small as you like.

In exchange for their reputation being decimated (semi-literally) to 10 points out of a possible 10000, their "Generated Players" stats will be maxed out. That means their youth rating will be set to 200, and all other stats to "Good". There'll also be greater coverage of that nation in future updates.

PLAYERS - END OF 2021

2021Caps.png

Messi smashes the international caps record, but inexplicably retires one before the 200 cap milestone! He might not even keep his record, with American Michael Bradley just eight behind and with no signs of a retirement in sight.

2021Goals.png

Messi did make 100 goals though before retiring; Hernandez too. Neither are safe in their positions from the relentless Neymar, with Dzeko and Aguero still going too.

2021Stars.png

Messi has gone at last, with Neymar and Pogba sharing top spot now. With nobody on the list who can top them, their reign might yet last a few years.

2021Youth_1.png

Again, there are no new youth stars (apart from those who move onto the list as older players move off.

2021CSEYouth.png

Olivar makes a big move to Benfica as two other players find themselves without a club. Kvartskhava improves again; only Neymar and Pogba are better players than him now.

2021StarsOther.png

Neil Carr is up to first place - American soccer fans will be hoping this kid propels their nation to glory.

2021YouthOther.png

No real change since last year. Terrazas is in danger of unfulfilled potential unless he finds a club quickly.

Hmm, I think that I will go for Georgia as my team, hopefully with their a high youth rating they can produce players quick enough to assist Kvartskhava, which should be possible seeing as he is still only 20, and the decrease in reputation I hope doesn't hinder them too much, which it shouldn't as I assume their reputation isn't that high anyway.

Georgia it is then... They get a big boost to their 'generated players' stats in return for a hit to their reputation. Additionally, some of Georgia's higher reputation clubs have had increases to their facilities stats in order to aid their national team.

2022 WORLD KNOCKOUT CUP - Third Round

Oldest Goalscorer

Ismael Bangoura - 37y, 8d (Guinea 4-0 Botswana)

Minnows Advance

Central African Republic 1-0 Cyprus

Top Scorer

Marco Djuricin - 6 goals (3 apps) - Austria

Challenge time: Can you correctly name the last nation standing from each continent?

We had this competition a few years ago, and it's the same again this time; whoever gets most last nations left in the competition from each continent right will earn the right to create the customary youth superstar. However - no fourth round draw to give you match-ups this time, so it might not be so easy to pick potential minnows that could make it through.

Kuwait are the last Asian side left in the tournament, so nothing to guess there. No Oceanic sides made it to the Fourth Round.

The four remaining continents and their potential last teams standing are as follows:

[b][u]Africa			Europe		North America	South America[/b][/u]
Nigeria			Wales		USA		Argentina
Guinea			Lithuania	El Salvador	Brazil
Burkina Faso		England		Mexico		Uruguay
Central Afican Rep.	Germany		Honduras	Colombia
Egypt			Denmark
		Faroe Islands
		Ukraine
		Switzerland
		Macedonia
		Croatia
		Greece