Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
ChlewnyKnur

FM15: Player Unhappy due to game 'bug' nd hlp

Hey guys, I know there are similar topics, I've searched. Unfortunately most of them are for other FM versions (don't know differences, this is my first one) and then also I didn't see anyone with this particular issue.

So I had a winter break training camp and I couldn't add one of my stars to the roster, because he was unavailable traveling for international matches. He came back AFAIR shortly after it started and threw a big tantrum about how I left him out of the roster and how he'll make me regret it and ruin squad morale. Yeah, I know, wtf. Outside of this being very annoying, because I find the game quite immersive, I haven't been able to do anything about it. Any tips other than sending my captain to talk to him (did nothing) and trying to offer a new contract (won't happen)?

He's among the best value in the game and managing a smaller club like mine I can't really replace him with similar talent. Well, and I don't want to. He's got over 3 years left on the contract. Do I just wait? He's not asked for a transfer and is "Fairly Poor". Thanks for your help and apologies if this has indeed more commonly brought up than google suggests.

Hey guys, I know there are similar topics, I've searched. Unfortunately most of them are for other FM versions (don't know differences, this is my first one) and then also I didn't see anyone with this particular issue.

So I had a winter break training camp and I couldn't add one of my stars to the roster, because he was unavailable traveling for international matches. He came back AFAIR shortly after it started and threw a big tantrum about how I left him out of the roster and how he'll make me regret it and ruin squad morale. Yeah, I know, wtf. Outside of this being very annoying, because I find the game quite immersive, I haven't been able to do anything about it. Any tips other than sending my captain to talk to him (did nothing) and trying to offer a new contract (won't happen)?

He's among the best value in the game and managing a smaller club like mine I can't really replace him with similar talent. Well, and I don't want to. He's got over 3 years left on the contract. Do I just wait? He's not asked for a transfer and is "Fairly Poor". Thanks for your help and apologies if this has indeed more commonly brought up than google suggests.

Had a problem with one of mine. i rejected a bid which was way lower than his value and he wasn`t happy and said i`d regret it. it wasn`t the first time he`d complained so eventually i got rid. What i`ve learn`t on FM16 is squad harmony seems to be more important than ever before. i nearly got sacked if i didn`t sort it out. yours could be a bug but if its not get him out if moral starts to drop.

As annoying as the morale/"you'll regret this" interaction is, one player is rarely a big enough of a problem, especially if you have him on a multi-year contract. I have learned to ignore any press questions regarding the situation so the player doesn't think I'm promising anything. As long as he's not demanding a transfer (and you're under no obligation to give him one), just keep playing him, say nice things about his play when asked, and hope he turns around over the season. And if things go south, get as much as you can for him and start looking for young prospects to take his place. I'd rather play "a man down" with happy players than cater to a prima dona who thinks he runs the team.

Awesome, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experiences with me, guys! Judging by this I assume this can be turned around then, based on what podunkboy says. I was worried it would go the 'spiraling out of control' way no matter what, like in your case Wizard boy. A month in-game time later he stills is in the same place. Can't say if he's playing worse, but no updates about this in any direction. So far so good. If he keeps complaining I'll just cash in the value and try to find someone equally promising.

For anyone who might google this at some point and wonders what the result was: my player ended up getting over it a few months later (during his injury, dunno if this is relevant or not) and made up with the club. I think asking the captains to talk to him might've helped. He still is pressuring me to let him go, but this time it's because Arsenal and ManU are interested in him.