Requesting advice: reasonable 4-4-2, any serieous flaws?

Hello all,

I started playing FM2016 and started with a club at the 4th level in Sweden (Hogaborg). I developed my own tactics and I must say; things are going reasonable. I'm 5th now while the pre-season prediction placed me 10th out of 14.

I'm playing 4-4-2, just to keep things basic and balanced. In all my matches I play reasonable and most of the matches the statistics are pretty much balanced.

Here is an overview of my tactic including team instructions. Can you give me advice on thing that you think might help improving it a bit?

Tactics_Tactic_overview.jpg

Tactics_Instructions.jpg

My team has the highest % of headers completed in the league (by far) and best at hitting target. On the rest I'm in the subtop. Except on scoring goals (8th) and % crosses completen (7th). On defence (goals conceded and clean sheets) I am in subtop (2nd and 4th).

Because of the poor players in LL, I stick to a structured teamshape and keep focus on discipline (maybe this causes less offensive power?). I get a reasonable high CC against me, therefor I try to play with me defence a little deeper.

As said: do you guys see any strange things in my tactics? In the meantime, I'll keep experimenting too :)

Looking at your roles, it strikes me you dont have a holding midfielder by instruction in your midfield and also your two strikers up front dont offer a lot of movement upfront. If your struggling thats two things i would look at, though you havent really said what your struggling with?

Well, I get rather many ccc against me, through passes which catches my defence offguard.

My matchatatistics are always pretty balanced (shots and posession). I get alot of draws. On CCC I'm amongst the poorer teams.

You say to have an holding midfielder. Wouls that be a CM on the defence role/bwm on defence?

And what would you advice for a pair pf strikers. I always assumed that a targerman and poacher fitted well...

Well, I get rather many ccc against me, through passes which catches my defence offguard.

My matchatatistics are always pretty balanced (shots and posession). I get alot of draws. On CCC I'm amongst the poorer teams.

You say to have an holding midfielder. Wouls that be a CM on the defence role/bwm on defence?

And what would you advice for a pair pf strikers. I always assumed that a targerman and poacher fitted well...

Yeah i would start with a CM (D) see how that goes, where are your through balls coming from? If its the centre of the pitch, then a designated holding midfielder should help with that.

In terms of your attack, then yeah they are good combo, but i prefer a bit of movement in my attack. Even switching the poacher to an advanced forward would offer you that with your target man or even switching your TM to deep lying forward with a poacher could also work.

Archived