Sports Interactive Community
Tweebier

1-2-2-3-3 Tweebier plug and play great results

I tried your tactic with Santos in the Paulistao and Brasileirao with Santos. The first 30+ matches we were on fire, scoring for fun and playing beautiful football with lots of crosses and killer passing, resulting in 8-0 and 6-0 wins and having 3 forwards with 15 goals. I also set a new Santos record with 22 matches without losing. The 15+ matches that followed went dramaticly bad for the team and for me. I drawed and lost more and more matches, resulting in a 7th position in the league and me getting the sack mid-season.

So in short: I like the playing style and the scoring possibilities of your tactic very much, but it wasn't consistent for an entire season, so it cost me my job.

I tried your tactic with Santos in the Paulistao and Brasileirao with Santos. The first 30+ matches we were on fire, scoring for fun and playing beautiful football with lots of crosses and killer passing, resulting in 8-0 and 6-0 wins and having 3 forwards with 15 goals. I also set a new Santos record with 22 matches without losing. The 15+ matches that followed went dramaticly bad for the team and for me. I drawed and lost more and more matches, resulting in a 7th position in the league and me getting the sack mid-season.

So in short: I like the playing style and the scoring possibilities of your tactic very much, but it wasn't consistent for an entire season, so it cost me my job.

That is weird. Nothing ever happened like that to me. So, what went wrong? Were you usng controll or attack tactic? Did you change anything during matches that went wrong? If yes, what?

What tactic was your opponent using, when you lost? Is there a system in it?

I need more input to figure out what went wrong?

Hey Tweebier!

I'm always looking for high scoring tactics, and yours seem like a very entertaining one, so I'm thinking about using it for a season in one of my saves.

i'm curious about the strikers roles, why one DLF/support and one DLF/attack (since all other roles are mirrored)? And have you tried other striker combinations (perhaps defensive forwards)?

That is weird. Nothing ever happened like that to me. So, what went wrong? Were you usng controll or attack tactic? Did you change anything during matches that went wrong? If yes, what?

What tactic was your opponent using, when you lost? Is there a system in it?

I need more input to figure out what went wrong?

Hi Tweebier,

I am not sure which one I used. I used the same tactic for the entire season. I allready trashed the savegame and wasn't able to recover it with "recuva". In the tactic, I only changed the mentality when I was some goals in front, or behind. (Mostly used: countering, all out attack and standard attacking that you set) When one defender was sent off, I mostly substituted my forward for an extra defender. Sometimes, when the match was even, or I was stronger, or in need of that extra goal, I just played the match out, without the missing defender and without moving players to a defensive position. I do had a chairman change, that was supposed to relieve me of my job and find a new manager, but due to my great results the new chairman decided to offer me a job renewal at Santos. Ten matches later, when I was no longer in the top 4 positions, but 7th, he sacked me anyway.

In the Paulistao division, I was by far the strongest, hence my very good results. In the Brasileirao I was one of the 6 best teams and got a lot more opposition.

Hope this helps.

Hey Tweebier!

I'm always looking for high scoring tactics, and yours seem like a very entertaining one, so I'm thinking about using it for a season in one of my saves.

i'm curious about the strikers roles, why one DLF/support and one DLF/attack (since all other roles are mirrored)? And have you tried other striker combinations (perhaps defensive forwards)?

Yep, I have tried other roles. Two false nines and one poacher was also quit good, and the combination of a poacher, a DLF on attacking and a Trequarista was really very enjoyable to watch. Especially the Trequarista who was always the free man.

But I found the combination I use now more deadly. But I didnot test it 10 times but 2-3 times. And I never used a target man in my combinations. So there is still some testing to do. If you want, I am very curious about it. Maybe I am going to test it some more with different combinations.

I have tested a lot with all kinds of midfielders combinations, but they sucked everytime. This tactic needs 3 playmakers! And wingbacks on attacking is also something you cannot change because it will make this tactis work half so good.

Hi abbespl

Thanks for your feedback. Well done with your promotions and good luck with teh rest of your career. Did you use controll of attacking?

Hi abbespl

Thanks for your feedback. Well done with your promotions and good luck with teh rest of your career. Did you use controll of attacking?

Do you think for Real Madrid better use offensive or control tactic? what you think about play with strong team on away how Barcelona is attacting version good?

Hi Tweebier,

I have been struggling this year, but your tactic made FM enjoyable:). First few months results with any team were mixed, however after New Year it is unstoppable. Tested with Dortmund, Real, Chelsea, Atletico, Tottenham...any team can play beautiful football and WB are great. For instance, I have found that Passlack, from Dortmund, with only 17 years is absolute great, no matter if I use him on right or left side:).

Using attacking version.

Wanted to say, thank you man!!!:)

Hi abbespl

cheers mate. am using control version, cos my team is defo the underdogs. it's working flawlessly ;). attacking one i'll try maybe in the future, when i'll be settled in Premier League for a few years.

Do you think for Real Madrid better use offensive or control tactic?

Here are my results with ManU using the Offensive tactic sofar:

kBxxZBa.png

Has anyone compared having 2 good attacking wingers in the deep lying forward roles versus having 3 natural strikers? I'm interested to know if it makes much difference as I'm currently playing with the wingers in this role due to a limited budget.

Got to say a fantastic attacking tactic, just won the Ladbrokes Championship by 15pts above Rangers (who managed 1pt against me ALL season) add to that a 5-0 thumping of Ayr Utd in the Challenge Cup and best of all a 5-2 spanking of Celtic in the SFA Cup Final. I used the Control tactic for the majority of the season.

As we all know the wing backs are key. I already had 2 great wing backs in my squad; Lewis Stevenson 42 Apps 5 goals 23 assists & David Gray 45 Apps 8 goals 33 assists. Only significant signing was Jerome Sinclair on loan from Liverpool who bagged 31 in all competitions, add to that the goals from the other forwards – James Keatings 39, Jason Cummings 18, Henri Anier 15.

The overload of attacking players vs defenders is a joy to watch, spreading the ball from left to right, right to left until the wingback has the space & time to pick out a body in the box or just whip it into the corridor of the 6 yard box for one of the strikers to fling themselves at.

Congratulations Tweebier you've created one of the most attacking & fun tactics I've seen in FM for a long time! Let's see how it stands up in the Premiership!

Has anyone compared having 2 good attacking wingers in the deep lying forward roles versus having 3 natural strikers? I'm interested to know if it makes much difference as I'm currently playing with the wingers in this role due to a limited budget.

I am. Kind of anyway with Liverpool. I use either Coutinho, Firmino, Ibe, Luan or Embolo in those roles with Ings & Sturridge in the poacher role. It works well.

Hey Tweebier, are the different PIs for players on the left and on the right intentional? WBR and WBL have different PIs, so have DCR and DCL, MCR and MCL, STCR and STCL...

For example, WBL has close down more and mark tighter, while WBR has not... wouldn't that unbalance the tactic?

Hey Tweebier, are the different PIs for players on the left and on the right intentional? WBR and WBL have different PIs, so have DCR and DCL, MCR and MCL, STCR and STCL...

For example, WBL has close down more and mark tighter, while WBR has not... wouldn't that unbalance the tactic?

Hey Marcelo

That is just to mess with the AI's head :brock:

Hi Tweebier,

I have been struggling this year, but your tactic made FM enjoyable:). First few months results with any team were mixed, however after New Year it is unstoppable. Tested with Dortmund, Real, Chelsea, Atletico, Tottenham...any team can play beautiful football and WB are great. For instance, I have found that Passlack, from Dortmund, with only 17 years is absolute great, no matter if I use him on right or left side:).

Using attacking version.

Wanted to say, thank you man!!!:)

Hi enigma6969

Glad I could help mate! Succes with your career

Hi Stevow

Good to hear that you really like the tactic. If you make one midfielder play throughballs and 1 or 2 who likes swithing to other flank..then your opponent goes nuts, and are only running and running after the ball. That is hilarious...and they open up so much space because it is impossible for them, and then comes the throughball or cross and ... goal!!!

Hey Marcelo

That is just to mess with the AI's head :brock:

haha ok! I prefer to keep things symmetrical , for some reason different roles/instructions for the same position on opposite sides bothers me...:p

Found that it works well in Italy as well, I bought only Gabriel Barbosa in Lazio, results are over expected:). Currently 3rd after 8 games, without losing...

and again, a-maz-ing tactic! thank u very much for it :).

1st season in Championship - 14th/predicted 24th

TABLE

2nd season in Championship -1st/predicted 20th

TABLE

MEDIA PRED

worth to add, that all those achievements are only thanks to free transfers and loans, eventually some small amount of money transfers, cos so far my the biggest transfer budget ever was.. wait for it.. 2mln of pounds.

only instant result, just one game - last of the season - i did normally, cos i needed to win it to grab straight promotion or even champion. it worked, cos my WBL grabbed red card, so i did proper changes and i won 1-3, Lvpool lost, so i won the whole league :).

Premier League and big money to spend - WELCOME :).

Hi Guys

I want to share with you my results with PSV in season 23-24. Because this is a team which I rebuild from scratch, bought only players after extensive scouting. Trained some players for special moves. So I could say that this is a team, that is totally made for my tactic and I am happy about. Took some years, but playing with PSV you do not have the money to go out and buy a whole new squad. It is every year 2-3 good young players, wait untill contracts ends and then make your move etc etc. So you have to be patient and have good scouts :) For the rest it is just looking at their match stats. I scout on interceptions, key tackles, cross ratio,goals in 90 min, key passes etc etc

So here are the preferred moves of my players I trained them for

My Wingbacks are now going forward whenever possible - together they had 95 assists

Roaming playmakers play thoughballs and likes ball to switch to other flank, the deep lying playmaker dictates tempo - midfielders had 32 assists

My poacher Runs with ball often, moves into channels, runs with ball through center - he had 91 goals in 51 matches

The deep lying forward on support moves into channels and plays with back to the goal (not sure if this latter helps a lot)

My central defenders marks opponent tightly

They play amazing football, combinations so beautifull, it is really really good to watch. The opponent has no change what so ever. The continuous switchting ball to the other flank makes them so vulnarable, because my wingbacks stay wider and that makes the pitch too big for them to cover, there is so much space. They run like madman from left to right and back, but are always too late for the cross or throughball.

Here are the results.

l47S4By.jpg

mjUJZ30.jpg

Awesome! Tweebier, nice update.

Small update from my Atletico Safe. Currently just finished the first half of the season and sitting on top of the league 5 points ahead of Barcelona and 6 ahead of RM (even though i lost both away games against them).

The tactic is now almost fluid. Only thing that bothers me is the high number of yellow cards my Wingbacks collect. Any advice?

Gonna work on PPM's now.

Regards.

Tweebier, Great update on your PSV saved game. Like the others have you found the solution to stop all those yellow cards and the occasional red cards. Because unless large playing squad to cope with amount of suspension's, it can hinder your results in the end.

I've tried using team talk/player talk during a match etc., like calm down or make sure don't get second booking. But it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Yep, I've got Fraser Fyvie (DLP) on switching the ball to the other flank and Samir Carruthers (RMP® + Alejandro Faurlin (RMP(L) playing more killer balls.

Can't wait to see how it turns out in the Scottish Premiership. I've just been knocked out of the Europa League qualifiers by FC Copenhagen 5-5 on away goals :(

can not find those PPM's at my play. is it because they can them or
You have trained your players do PPM's if they don't have them already.

I can not, for example find on switching the ball two the other flank and playing more killer balls anywhere

I can not, for example find on switching the ball two the other flank and playing more killer balls anywhere
Chick on player's profile, then on development/training. In the top right hand corner of profile is new preferred move's, then chick on request from and ask your coaches for preferred move to be coached.

CxUqzQg.jpg

I know it really well but when I go in there I can not find them have tried and see all
If it doesn't come up with what you want, it could be that his PPM's conflict with one you want. i.e. if he got try to play a simple passing game, so the PPM for start attempting some long range passes it wouldn't come up on the list etc.. So you might want un train them from that PPM then train them for one you want after it's been removed from his PPM's or you have he a player who can't play in that position that uses that PPM, for example a striker won't have try to get forward whenever possible for his PPM. You can trained them to learn different position and then it will come up on the list. I hope that this explain this for you.

Have you tried this web site before http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/, I find this web site to be helpful occasionally if I hit any problems with training players etc..

I use this page on Guide to Football Manager - Roles and Duties to help me, direct link to page: http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/tactics/roles-and-duties

Just tried this tactic with my Cardiff team (June 2021) and beat Monaco 9-0 in a pre-season friendly. It was 7-0 after 35 mins. :-)

OK, I give a go with a proper starter with Athletic Bilbao. The tactic is not ideal for the team as I have to adjust players to unfamiliar roles. For instance Raul Garcia is a 4 star player if I use him shadow striker but in deep lying striker he is only 1 star. I started him to train for DLF but let's see how much he will be able to adapt after age 29. Still, he scored 6 in 9 games.

After couple of friendlies in order to team get adapt the tactic, I started season by thrashing Charleroi in UEFA Cup and then beating Barcelona in super cup. After that I started to say: "this is it, here the super tactic is coming". However the team get stuck. The match engine started me to frustrate. Either conceding a late set pieces or the opposite scores every single chances where as I cannot beat the keeper, made me 6 games without win. Lastly I managed to win 4-0 against Valencia that made me some desire to continue tomorrow.

For now I made 2 changes. One, I switched one of the CD (the one with more pace) to cover duty as he tracks the counter attack forward.

The second one is about corner position. The tactic is positioned wingbacks to stay back. However, as the tactic usually tries to send the ball to the flanks. In this case, players wait until the wingbacks get their positions and lose time. Therefore I changed them as short options for their respective flanks. (i.e. WBR offer short options to right corners and vice versa) In this case if the ball bounce from penalty area and the lurk area players get the bounced ball, the wing backs will already be in their positions. Instead of wingbacks, I ordered deep lying midfielder and one of the roaming midfielder stay back. If the ball comes to them (i.e. the opposite defense send the ball away) the deep lying midfielder starts immediately set the play.

Anyway here is my results so far and frustrating match engine results:

NrrWRL.jpg

orr9JQ.jpg

vnnRqp.jpg

I am not going to write down all the player instructions or post 11 images. Ik hope you can understand.

CG43NAj.jpg

Dear Tweebier,

I gave it a go on my IPad with Real Madrid but results were not good. Then I realised that you have specific PI for each player. There are plenty of people who play FM Touch so I beg you to release these PIs at least in text form. Pleeeeasse! :)

Awesome! Tweebier, nice update.

Small update from my Atletico Safe. Currently just finished the first half of the season and sitting on top of the league 5 points ahead of Barcelona and 6 ahead of RM (even though i lost both away games against them).

The tactic is now almost fluid. Only thing that bothers me is the high number of yellow cards my Wingbacks collect. Any advice?

Gonna work on PPM's now.

Regards.

Hi Torminator

My wingbacks collected 16 and 20 yellow cards and 1 and 2 red cards and my deeplying playmaker 14 yellow cards. I can live with that. They need to tackle hard. I wonder what happens if I untick 'get stuck in'. Or maybe it is because the closing down or they are just dirty players. Is there by the way any way to make players less dirty?

It is interesting though. I will untick 'get stuck in' and go a year on holiday, just to see what happens with the yellow and red cards.

Oke, just done that. 17 and 14 yellow for the wingbacks and 1 red card. My deeplying playmaker 22 yellow cards. Won 31-3-0 144-18.

Next test: I only unticked tackling harder and mark tighter for my backs and deep lying playmaker in their individual player instructions . Result: all 3 had 14 yellow cards and in total 2 red. Won 33-0-1 138-13.

Cannot see a really big difference here in the amount of cards.

Dear Tweebier,

I gave it a go on my IPad with Real Madrid but results were not good. Then I realised that you have specific PI for each player. There are plenty of people who play FM Touch so I beg you to release these PIs at least in text form. Pleeeeasse! :)

If you have a normal laptop or pc too, couldn't you just do a cross save game, starting at your pc (with Tweebier's tactic) and transfering that save game to your iPad? Or would that just not work?

If you have a normal laptop or pc too, couldn't you just do a cross save game, starting at your pc (with Tweebier's tactic) and transfering that save game to your iPad? Or would that just not work?

That should work but it would set me back another 20 quids! Already paid to buy FM Touch so I was thinking maybe a kind hearted soul on this forum might help us out!

Ah, didn't know that. I bought my game for about € 32 and that deal came with all versions included, if I recall correctly.

What do you need to know exactly?

Ah, didn't know that. I bought my game for about € 32 and that deal came with all versions included, if I recall correctly.

What do you need to know exactly?

Hi Jorgen, I need the player instructions in each position. Bought the game from App Store which is only for IPads

looks very good and seemed quite effective in a brief testing with Dundee United (4 W 1 L in first 5 games) though my poacher didn't score much (I had bought Jason Cummings who should be ideal for the role and the SPL standard), both DLF did though haha! I'm a long time fan of the Poacher but this role has been a failure for me since FM13... I want to keep faith though :)

I'm not sure I've understood the correct type of players/attributes for the roles (especially midfielders), scouting for key game stats and not only for attributes is a great idea (never really thought about that doh!). Still I'm unsure about type of palyers for playmaker roles, are defensive attributes important for the RPM's? Any preference for right or left foot for DLF's? Tactic looks amazing, would love to use it at its full potential :)

With the right players I assume you0d recommend the attack version over the control?

thanks!

Hi Jorgen, I need the player instructions in each position. Bought the game from App Store which is only for IPads

I've send you a private message. Hope it helps.

I've send you a private message. Hope it helps.

Dear Jorgen thank you for your time mate. Unfortunately could not get it to work as IPad does not let you import saved games (fm for) for Football Manager Touch. Thank you all the same!