Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

I found some great newgen at Sporting Lisbon, his value 14mil. I offered 25mil and they refused to even talk,disappointed with my offer. So, I offered 34mil and again they are disappointed.

And then I realized the guy has a release clause of 18mil. So, I buy him for 18mil. Pretty bad decision by Sporting not accepting 34mil and then losing the player for 18mil.

That sounds like a bug to me. If you could report the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/523-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

Cheers,

Ben

I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to refuse a bid that not only matches but exceeds the clause? Unless your original offers were made up of payments spread over time which I believe doesn't trigger the clause (depending on how much is paid up front)?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't have thought they'd be able to refuse a bid that not only matches but exceeds the clause? Unless your original offers were made up of payments spread over time which I believe doesn't trigger the clause (depending on how much is paid up front)?

I'd imagine this was the discussion even before an actual bid was made.

Hello everyone' date=' appreciate your effort put into 16.2.0 patch. I have a question though, has the issue regarding too many offsides by strikers resolved? I have previously seen it mentioned in this thread where Tony Fallows acknowleged the issue and stated is has been worked on: [url']http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/445351-Too-many-offsides[/url]

You've already asked in the thread, and my answer would be for you to judge for yourself.. the issue was a knock on effect of the match engine nuances with arced runs, so I would suggest the subtle changes to the m.e in 16.2 may have effected it...

Feel free to post in the thread you linked to with your findings.

Thanks for the heads up, I haven't been able to play since 16.2.0 came out because of a busy work schedule. Will try to see it for myself on the weekend. The reason I asked in both threads was that SI staff was a bit more active in that thread. Wasn't my intention to spam all over the place :)

Hi. This happened to me too. But I realized that it was because i offered (say) 15m + 15 over 12 months when he has an 18m release clause. The AI doesnt seem to compute this right.

I'm not certain, but i think this also happened when i offered 18m + 18 over 12 to a guy with a 12m release clause. 'tis wonky indeed. Also, this happened to me before the patch.

To activate a release clause the fee must be paid in full, no instalments or performance based clauses, just the full amount in a single payment.

Has been this way for a number of versions.

Just a quick post to say how much i'm enjoying the new patch. For the 1st time in ages, my central midfielders are not only controlling play but also having a consistent, direct effect on the scoreline and playing some pretty stylish, fluent football. Really not a fan of wide play at all so the notching down of its effectiveness is hugely, hugely welcome though I still find finishing far from clinical, albeit noticeably improved.

As an aside, post-patch i've 2 players complain about a lack of 1st team football before the 2nd season had started. Seems a shade premature? Admittedly, both didn't see much action the previous season but 1 was/is on a hot prospect contract.

• Administrators
Just a quick post to say how much i'm enjoying the new patch. For the 1st time in ages, my central midfielders are not only controlling play but also having a consistent, direct effect on the scoreline and playing some pretty stylish, fluent football. Really not a fan of wide play at all so the notching down of its effectiveness is hugely, hugely welcome though I still find finishing far from clinical, albeit noticeably improved.

As an aside, post-patch i've 2 players complain about a lack of 1st team football before the 2nd season had started. Seems a shade premature? Admittedly, both didn't see much action the previous season but 1 was/is on a hot prospect contract.

Did those players play much in the previous season? May be worth raising the issue here, ideally with a save game before they get unhappy (if not, one just after would still help) - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/524-Other-Gameplay-Issues

woodwork too much in FM16 even after 16.2 every match 3 or 4 :mad:

I thought I would check on this and admittedly only played 6 games but hit the woodwork sporadically, certainly not every match and definitely not three or four times per match.

I thought I would check on this and admittedly only played 6 games but hit the woodwork sporadically, certainly not every match and definitely not three or four times per match.

Bla originally claimed he was hitting it 1 -2 times every match, to be told that wasn't far from normal..

It's now upped to 3-4 times... which I've not noticed at all myself.

16.2.0 seems to have improved play considerably. I think one of the effects of the fullbacks not tucking in so much is to allow midfielders to make better use of the channels. This seems to have had a couple of knock on effects; one is that there are more opportunities for runners from midfield rather than the ball getting sent out wide and secondly that it has allowed some of the better quality players who play in number ten or attacking midfield roles to shine more meaning more of a differential in the quality of teams. Subjectively, this also makes the decision making seem better.

Offsides seem slightly better, but the ME seems to be taking a very strict mathematical comparison on player positioning. Obviously I don't know what the code is actually doing, but it seems as though there needs to be a little more fuzziness around the player position to allow for the inability of an official to judge the offside when one player is nearer to them than the other and they are virtually in line.

If the next update can keep all that's good and make the strikers a little less error-prone then we could have a real winner of a ME this year.

SI one thing annoying you should fix is AI teams wanting my players for very low offer and yet they want their players for $100M++ when I offer them? also other AI teams can sign them for low offer from other AI teams???

It is ridiculous and unrealistic.. also to say it is unfair to us managers.

If you try and buy a player the team don't want to sell, they will ask for massive fees.. it's them trying to discourage you. However, if another team puts in a bid that matches their expectation in fee's and addons included, maybe seemingly lower than yours as we cannot see the addons etc, then they might accept.

It's the same irl when a manager says 'well my player is worth £40 million' after having one good season, he's trying to ward off prospective buyers.

That said, if you have specific examples and want to make them known.. do so in the bug reporting section and the team can look at it for you.

• SI Staff
SI one thing annoying you should fix is AI teams wanting my players for very low offer and yet they want their players for $100M++ when I offer them? also other AI teams can sign them for low offer from other AI teams???

It is ridiculous and unrealistic.. also to say it is unfair to us managers.

Hi Wells,

The game does not differentiate between AI and human users. In this respect a bid is a bid, no matter where it comes from.

High asking prices reflect the fact that a team does not want to sell a player and will only accept a ridiculous offer. Low offers are often 'testing the water' and can be negotiated upwards.

The bidding team is looking for a good deal here, as us human managers would do; The selling team is looking to either hold onto its key players or receive a large sum, again as us human managers would.

That being said, if you've seen any examples that appear particularly unrealistic, please do head over here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/523-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues - and start a post detailing your issue along with a save.

Hope that helps,

Seb.

I'm ridiculously vulnerable to crosses and indirect free kicks after the latest patch, am I the only one experiencing this?

Presumably you may be. I have a counter attack with 4 at the back and 4 across the middle in varying roles. My wide midfielders track back cutting out some wide attacks and my defence challenge the opposition wingers. Not seen any overkill on crosses. As to indirect free kicks not really seeing any goals as they are generally taken too far back and if they are floated into the centre my CD's tend to take care of them.

I played 5 matches only but I saw 2 goals already coming from the wingbacks/fullbacks by crossing the ball from deep - the ball went in directly in one of them, and in the other one the keeper barely managed to save it and then it was tapped in. I know it can happen IRL too, but seeing 2 of them back to back was too much. Was it coincidence, or are other people experiencing it too?

Why start the complaining when he's playing/featuring every game?

It's clearly a bug. Hopefully you'll have already posted it in the relevant forum.

Anyway, I'm seeing a massive increase in 'key passes' leading to increased player ratings, especially from my central mids. Anyone else?

Because there's always been a lag with how long it takes for the complaint to come up, same with the response that he's ok after you've given him some starts.

That's what I noticed on my game. I had a few players with the SIT icon that wanted to be in the first team. One of them got intot he first team but it took quite a few matches before the SIT icon cleared.

So if it happens to you and you do play him then promise that you'll play him and do it and in a month or so he'll be happy.

I played 5 matches only but I saw 2 goals already coming from the wingbacks/fullbacks by crossing the ball from deep - the ball went in directly in one of them, and in the other one the keeper barely managed to save it and then it was tapped in. I know it can happen IRL too, but seeing 2 of them back to back was too much. Was it coincidence, or are other people experiencing it too?

Hi.

3 goals like that in 4 matches... horrible... for me 16.2 ruined the match engine... it was very good in 16.1 but since 16.2... i feel like in Football Manager 2015 (for me, the best bad ME for entire FM Series...)

I posted this on another part of the forum and would appreciate your thoughts:

For the last week, I have been playing a new save and started with Sandvikens IF in the Swedish fourth tier. After a number of seasons, I got them to the top flight but that is as far as I could take them. The year before I resigned, I was turned down by a number of Championship clubs in England, despite being interviewed.

After leaving Sweden, I then applied for the Premier League (albeit only just surviving) West Brom and actually got the job. I did answer saying I could manage with smaller transfer & wage budgets.

My question is, is thus realistic? Granted I got three promotions in Sweden, but I was turned down by two Championship clubs.

I think it is realistic yeah.

I've found from mucking around with saves that you can reload the game and not get a job you can get on another load, and that you can be laughed off from clubs and then given jobs at bigger ones (in 15 at least, not tested in 16).

I can't pretend to know the how the calculations work but for me that's part of the accuracy of it - who knows how real life chairmen work?

Brendan Rogers or McLaren have good records IRL but I wouldn't want either of them anywhere near my SPL team IRL as I don't think players respect them as personalities. There are all kind of gut feelings that go into a managerial appointment (although I do concede too many EPl and championship clubs don't rely on gut enough) and I like to think that any unexpected variations in logic can be explained by this.

Maybe West Broms chairman felt someone with only Swedish experience was worth the risk due to talent (not unlike Delia at Celtic) whereas the championship bosses may have been less willing to experiment. I wouldn't be surprised to find 'bigger' names than Deila applied for that Celtic job.

And that's before you even consider your interview answers and and compo from still being employed championship teams would have had to pay although I guess that wouldn't be much.

Maybe it's being too kind on the devs as I have no idea how much of these considerations (or artificial random elements designed to represent) them feature in the game but in instances like this I always prefer to favour seeing it as representing human variety than improper adherence to computerised absolutes

I think it is realistic yeah.

I've found from mucking around with saves that you can reload the game and not get a job you can get on another load, and that you can be laughed off from clubs and then given jobs at bigger ones (in 15 at least, not tested in 16).

I can't pretend to know the how the calculations work but for me that's part of the accuracy of it - who knows how real life chairmen work?

Brendan Rogers or McLaren have good records IRL but I wouldn't want either of them anywhere near my SPL team IRL as I don't think players respect them as personalities. There are all kind of gut feelings that go into a managerial appointment (although I do concede too many EPl and championship clubs don't rely on gut enough) and I like to think that any unexpected variations in logic can be explained by this.

Maybe West Broms chairman felt someone with only Swedish experience was worth the risk due to talent (not unlike Delia at Celtic) whereas the championship bosses may have been less willing to experiment. I wouldn't be surprised to find 'bigger' names than Deila applied for that Celtic job.

And that's before you even consider your interview answers and and compo from still being employed championship teams would have had to pay although I guess that wouldn't be much.

Maybe it's being too kind on the devs as I have no idea how much of these considerations (or artificial random elements designed to represent) them feature in the game but in instances like this I always prefer to favour seeing it as representing human variety than improper adherence to computerised absolutes

Thanks mate. :thup:

You've already asked in the thread, and my answer would be for you to judge for yourself.. the issue was a knock on effect of the match engine nuances with arced runs, so I would suggest the subtle changes to the m.e in 16.2 may have effected it...

Feel free to post in the thread you linked to with your findings.

I believe I am experiencing (along with other teams in the league) a higher than average occurrence of offsides. Wondering if anyone else has found the same.

Kinda hard to comment on the update, when SI decide to leave in bugs like filter resetting every time you hit space. Meaning every single time you have to do team selection or any other squad view page, it's reset removing all the players and showing a list of players not at club (Or whatever your favorite filter is).

Not prioritizing fixing bugs that make the game really tedious seems like a really bad choice.

Also could we get en option to turn off prozone during "continue" it not a good choice to leave out country for Primera League or other often used league names. Making the stats really hard to enjoy.

• SI Staff
Kinda hard to comment on the update, when SI decide to leave in bugs like filter resetting every time you hit space. Meaning every single time you have to do team selection or any other squad view page, it's reset removing all the players and showing a list of players not at club (Or whatever your favorite filter is).

Not prioritizing fixing bugs that make the game really tedious seems like a really bad choice.

Also could we get en option to turn off prozone during "continue" it not a good choice to leave out country for Primera League or other often used league names. Making the stats really hard to enjoy.

Hey Miravlix.

I can ensure you it is not a case of "deciding" to leave in bugs.

My apologies that you are experiencing issues here. Have you raised it in the correct place? If not, could you please head over to the bugs forum and start a post? Without people raising issues we cannot get them looked into. :)

Cheers,

Seb.

Anyone else noticed players getting subbed off to early? I bought Aliban Ajeti from Basel (playing as Liverpool) and sent him on loan to MK Dons and every time I get a report I see him getting subbed off at like 30th minute or something like that. He didn't get injured or anything else, they just sub him off. To be fair he only played 2 games for them but got subbed off in before 40 minutes in both.

Played a 6th match now and saw one more deep cross directly going in that was not meant by the player. Certainly becoming a pattern here. Otherwise a fantastic looking ME, but hard to understand how something like this slips through the cracks.

There are two things that need to be removed from the game:

1. The "I have nothing specific to say" team talk. That is so unrealistic. Regardless of win or loss, coaches/managers talk to their squad at halftime and after the game.

2. 1 minute extra time. Do those really occur in real life? It seems like there is always at least 3 minutes.

The first point... it's not saying he doesn't speak at all.. it's saying nothing SPECIFIC to say.... Which managers certainly have used.

After a win, they will never say anything of that nature. They will at least say good job. After a loss, maybe if he is really pissed, he will say that. But that is a very very bad sign. They will at least say that he was disappointed.

I really liked what I saw in the match engine.

I just think the tactics are still taking to be understood by players and realize many goals out wings and a few kicks from a distance. As well as goals coming from free kicks which are very common in today's football and FM leaves a little to be desired.

Will we still have a patch in January?

Or now just what comes with transfers?

I really liked what I saw in the match engine.

I just think the tactics are still taking to be understood by players and realize many goals out wings and a few kicks from a distance. As well as goals coming from free kicks which are very common in today's football and FM leaves a little to be desired.

Will we still have a patch in January?

Or now just what comes with transfers?

There is usually a further data update at the end of the January transfer window which will have some bug fixes as well, I am sure. This is usually released at the end of Feb/beginning of Mar.

Archived