Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

I'm Playing on Mac? i don't have anti Virus software?

Please make a post in the bug reporting section and it can be looked at for you :thup:

But as a hint, have you got any custom database files or skins?

The column auto size issue in the squad screen is still present, I hope you are looking into this because it's really annoying having to resize the columns every time I come back to my squad view after viewing another squad.

The column auto size issue in the squad screen is still present, I hope you are looking into this because it's really annoying having to resize the columns every time I come back to my squad view after viewing another squad.

Its the bane of my bloody life. I reported it in BETA and its still a shambles

And here I though it was an issue for me because I constantly switch from my Surface to a larger computer monitor. I figured the columns got all wonky because of this.

Its the bane of my bloody life. I reported it in BETA and its still a shambles

It's been an issue for years. Really wish it would get sorted once and for all.

I have to say after the update, the game is getting way too easy. I tried both my 2 different saves. one is 442 one is 4231 playing southampton and leicester, almost all Home games, Every of my player gets 8.0 and 9.0 ratings so easily, so it is like 10/11 players all getting extreme high ratings. And the scores are much much larger number compare to the last patch, I think it is a lil too unrealitic now.... i watched the first half season with pre engine results, comparing it with current engine, it is two different games to me.

RE: The column resize thing ? cant you just right click the little cross and "autosize all columns" ?

It's not perfect but it's no where near as bad as last year was.

You can auto-resize, but once l leave that particular screen and return, it needs auto-resizing again. I like a lot of info on my squad view and find this irritating. Not gamebreaking, but naggingly annoying.

OK, I must say that I've noticed the gamplay graphic improved! First of all you fix antlialiasing issue. Now I like 3D matches! Thanks!!!

04W4mPr.gif

passive behaviour of corner taker is worth raising in bugs forum?

Been that way for years, tbh. I don't know why it's still like that. I guess to cut down on goals created from corners by your players constantly collecting clearances.

This patch has given me a ~15 degree reduction in CPU temps during 3d matches.

Still some things to work on, but I have to admit to being highly satisfied with that. Thanks SI

Just had a couple of crashes with this update when selecting 'Respond to all' on loan offers for my player - is this being addressed?

RE: The column resize thing ? cant you just right click the little cross and "autosize all columns" ?

It's not perfect but it's no where near as bad as last year was.

I do. See reply below.
You can auto-resize, but once l leave that particular screen and return, it needs auto-resizing again. I like a lot of info on my squad view and find this irritating. Not gamebreaking, but naggingly annoying.

The thing is, try auto-resizing 3/4 times in a row and watch the columns get weirder.

Game was great before the update.

Game is still great after the update.

Not a lot of difference. Fullbacks have been tightened up a bit to keep the whiners at bay. Not much else major to get excited about. But that's ok.

Meh, it's much the same game as it always is, ie fantastic.

Carry on...

every match have 2 or 3 woodwork i already uploaded my entire save game named (same T-shirt color) please fix this issue it's annoyed for me

Untitled.jpg

The match engine this year is really fantastic. I'm getting some lovely interplay following this patch.

I don't know if this is just me, but I often find my full backs and wingers pick the ball up out wide in a load of space, and then wait to be closed down before attempting the cross. Visually it would be great to see more first time or quick crosses to exploit this, but perhaps with the way full backs work currently this would cause more issues than it would be worth solving.

Cheers SI - good times!

I started my first game since the patch - had a player come to me after 1 league game complaining about lack of first team football (Diafra Sakho), started 2 came on twice in my europa league qualifiers. I thought this was one of the things meant to be improved?

Something that's already been happening before 16.2 and I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not - I've been having lots of "strained stomach muscle" injuries to my players this season. Think it's been 4 of them already, they stuck in my mind because players stop for 6 to 7 weeks each time. Is this a common injury? I've never heard of it...

Sorry for lazyness not reading all posts, and cannot see in fixes list, I often get caught in processing. Game is almost active in background to point I can save etc but no way of returning from the processing screen?

Something that's already been happening before 16.2 and I'm not sure whether it's a bug or not - I've been having lots of "strained stomach muscle" injuries to my players this season. Think it's been 4 of them already, they stuck in my mind because players stop for 6 to 7 weeks each time. Is this a common injury? I've never heard of it...

Hey noikeee,

This is a new injury type included this year. It is this: http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/groin_and_pelvis/abdominal_strain_full.php

Frequency of specific injuries are not calculated on a per team basis. The number of strained stomach muscles you see throughout the league and nation should not be overly high. 4 sounds unfortunate but possible.

In terms of time out, it is about 3 weeks in-game.

Cheers,

Seb.

how player has injure (damage cruciate ligaments) out for 10 to 12 months , i think it's shorter than that like 6 months ?!

I wish it was!

Chris Cohen damaged his cruciate ligament on 14th September 2014 and he played his first 45 minutes in the reserves this week and isn't expected to play again for the first team until next month

Britt Assombalonga damaged his cruciate ligament on 11th February 2015 and he still isn't back in training yet

On a side note Andy Reid has been out with a groin injury since 14th September 2014 and Matty Fryatt has been out since 3rd March 2015 with an ankle problem and still isn't even training!

transfers / contracts what year will you get it right a 15 year old valued at 10k they want 10 million!!!! Offer 500k and add ons goes to utd for 100k i offer 1 mill for a player they want 29 million he goes to chelsea for 150k i offer 2 mil for a player hes on £200 a week he wants 25k he goes to utd for 300k and 1.5k a week i offer 30 mil for a player they want 60 mil he goes to chelsea for 12.5 mil i get offered 4 mill for a youngster valued at 6 why why why every year it ruins the game you need a 500 mill transfer budget its killing the fun of the game since 2004 this as happened sod your fancy manager suits and glossy menu make the transfers fair so we can enjoy the part of being a manager!!!!

Has the issue with other teams offering a max of 50% of transfer value for your players been fixed? I stopped playing my Man U save on 16.1.1 when I couldn't get anywhere near halfway decent value for my players.

Has the issue with other teams offering a max of 50% of transfer value for your players been fixed? I stopped playing my Man U save on 16.1.1 when I couldn't get anywhere near halfway decent value for my players.
dont be silly that wont happen been happening since FM 2004 favours the AI but i bet you have to pay 10000% of value for a 15 year old they wont listen mate but do enjoy changing your tracksuit :)

Just downloaded the demo and played a few matches.

As usual, the ME keeps evolving. I was very happy with FM2015 ME, and this one looks like a nice upgrade over that one.

However, some of the minor issues that SI refuses to fix for years, are still there, such as the player ratings for certain positions and roles (mainly the defensive midfielders getting too low ratings and fullbacks getting too high ratings) . I stopped posting pkm's and saved games about this issue since it costs me a lot of time and they are still never getting fixed. So, I am just reminding here that the issue is still there. I noticed some nice improvement on the MC's ratings though, which shows me that it is probably easily fixable for other positions too.

Also worth noting is that it is not just about the rating algorithm, but also about how active certain roles are on the field. In this version I noticed that the DM's are especially very passive when they have more defensive minded MC roles in front of them. It is either those MC's stopping the opponents' attacks, or the DC's as the next line of defense. DMC's are pretty much just hanging out there, not being nearly aggressive enough. In real life that role is probably the most aggressive one in terms of tackling.

is there any reason the AI subbed the keeper when there was no Injury?

Was he having a bad match? Making mistakes perhaps? It is possible that it was tactical- for example, subbing him out for a better aerial keeper if high crosses were going unchallenged?

dont be silly that wont happen been happening since FM 2004 favours the AI but i bet you have to pay 10000% of value for a 15 year old they wont listen mate but do enjoy changing your tracksuit :)

Those ludicrous amounts of money the AI wants for some of its players is just FM's way of telling you that the player in question is not for sale. Of course you are free to pay what ever they are asking if you want to, but usually it's wiser to just be patient and maybe try to unsettle him.

Just downloaded the demo and played a few matches.

As usual, the ME keeps evolving. I was very happy with FM2015 ME, and this one looks like a nice upgrade over that one.

However, some of the minor issues that SI refuses to fix for years, are still there, such as the player ratings for certain positions and roles (mainly the defensive midfielders getting too low ratings and fullbacks getting too high ratings) . I stopped posting pkm's and saved games about this issue since it costs me a lot of time and they are still never getting fixed. So, I am just reminding here that the issue is still there. I noticed some nice improvement on the MC's ratings though, which shows me that it is probably easily fixable for other positions too.

Also worth noting is that it is not just about the rating algorithm, but also about how active certain roles are on the field. In this version I noticed that the DM's are especially very passive when they have more defensive minded MC roles in front of them. It is either those MC's stopping the opponents' attacks, or the DC's as the next line of defense. DMC's are pretty much just hanging out there, not being nearly aggressive enough. In real life that role is probably the most aggressive one in terms of tackling.

DM's rating vary depending on missed tackles, passes etc and they seem to be more severe with them, also if you have FB's as your main outlet wide, they're going to be involved more than most players, both my wingbacks are the highest ratings for assists, just like they are IRL as I have them on attack duty.

I get that. What frustrates me is when other teams come after my first team players (when I'm Man Utd) and offer 50% of their value for them (when they're not transfer listed).

For me the game came practically unplayable after the patch. Opposition keepers are all Neuers, scoring is pretty much impossible. Defense of my own team is much worse than before, defenders and backs are clueless. Crosses don't connect anymore and most attacks are offside. Maybe the patch did good for many of you but not for me.

For me the game came practically unplayable after the patch. Opposition keepers are all Neuers, scoring is pretty much impossible. Defense of my own team is much worse than before, defenders and backs are clueless. Crosses don't connect anymore and most attacks are offside. Maybe the patch did good for many of you but not for me.

It'll be worth a trip to the tactics forum, with screenshots of your tactics and maybe even a PKM.

I started my first game since the patch - had a player come to me after 1 league game complaining about lack of first team football (Diafra Sakho), started 2 came on twice in my europa league qualifiers. I thought this was one of the things meant to be improved?

First team football generally means starting games, they won't generally accept substitute appearances as completing any promises made. Saying that, if that wasright at the start of the game then clearly it's not working as it should. In that case, please raise it within the 'Gameplay Issues' part of the Bugs Forum.

Many thanks.

I wish my opposition goalies would be as awful as Neuer is for me, I'd probably score twice as often then!

Is anyone else finding player ratings a bit borked? Just lost 2-0 and my IF was picked as PotM with an 8.70. Looked at his performance, 13 dribbles and 10 key passes. Great! Except for the part where none of them actually mattered since we didn't manage to create any good enough chances. Add to that he managed to mess up a lot of chances himself, including 2 CCCs, so how does he deserve an 8.70?

Was he having a bad match? Making mistakes perhaps? It is possible that it was tactical- for example, subbing him out for a better aerial keeper if high crosses were going unchallenged?

not really, Lloris for Vorm Lloris was rated 6.7, couldn't see a tactical reason.

The greatest piece of feedback right there - a screenshot that says nothing, accompanied by "no comment". Bravo.

no comment

OWft1kO.png

No please, comment.. kinda the point of this thread. You know.. feedback?

@kingjericho and others with column auto sizing issues:

This is something I've not seen on any of the machines I'm using here, and I use a large number of custom columns. Could you please raise the issue in the UI forums, founds here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/522-User-Interface-Issues - that way we can look into it for you.

Cheers,

Seb.

Those ludicrous amounts of money the AI wants for some of its players is just FM's way of telling you that the player in question is not for sale. Of course you are free to pay what ever they are asking if you want to, but usually it's wiser to just be patient and maybe try to unsettle him.

How do you explain a club turning down 5 mill but accepting an offer of 1mill from AI clubs? In my leeds save im in the prem on transfers rumours west ham are after charlie taylor it says they must pay 8 mill for the player rated at 8 mill he as a 4 year contract and a 20 mill realease fee ive said hes not for sale yet the AI thinks it can get him for his FM value i thought the point is buy players cheap sell them on for top whack and improve you team but on FM the 8 mill might buy me a 16 year old who wont play for a few years i have no chance of buying a left back with roughly same stats who is valued at say 500k for less than 15 mill this part of the game is ruined i have 172 mill transfer budget which i cant spend because of clubs want 20 times more for a player than what they accept from the AI team and the AI teams only paying under value for your players i only get freebies or transfer listed players is it even worth having a scouting setup to find inearthed gems knowing that your going to have to pay a bale fee to get them ? Its ruined the game for years but yet the AI is not meant to be favoured i noticed NEIL BROOK as answered some questions would he be kind enough to answer the transfers why the AI gets players for peanuts ?

Just had a couple of crashes with this update when selecting 'Respond to all' on loan offers for my player - is this being addressed?

I haven't seen this reported. If you are getting this on a consistent basis then could you please start a thread on the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/520-Crashes-Launch-and-Technical-Issues-on-PC

If you have a save game where this consistently reproduces could you also upload that to our FTP. Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441296

Cheers,

Ben

How do you explain a club turning down 5 mill but accepting an offer of 1mill from AI clubs?

Quite easily. Usually situations like this are down to the user making a bid that unsettles a player. Said player demands transfer, user hasn't followed up, AI team snaps him up. One thing that has been suggested in the past is a "leave offer on the table for x amount of time" option, so a team can come back to you.

As for your other point, it's pretty much the AI trying to do the same to you, though it is pretty silly sometimes.

I’m must say I’m really enjoying the new Match Engine.

I’ve just had probably my most satisfying and out right enjoyable game ever on any FM.

And considering this was just a routine League 1 game away at Rotherham that’s saying something.

My recently promoted Maidstone team had played them at home earlier in the season under the previous ME and we had been ruthlessly dispatched 4-0 in front of our own fans.

I wasn’t fancying our trip there very much at all, sure enough they had us pegged in our own half for the first 20 minutes, highlight after highlight of them bearing down on my goal (even on key highlights!), we battled gamely and my keeper was heroic (ended up with an 8.6 rating) and we kept them out before catching them with a counter attack.

Goals change games and we ended up running out 3-0 winners when I thought we were going to get a right hammering.

The match itself was simply entertaining, even ignoring my vested interest and viewing it as a detached observer it was simply great to watch.

It’s great to see periods in some games when a team is truly dominant but can’t always score, a pattern we see a lot in real life.

Think the current ME is a real step up in class and at times a joy to behold :thup:

I found some great newgen at Sporting Lisbon, his value 14mil. I offered 25mil and they refused to even talk,disappointed with my offer. So, I offered 34mil and again they are disappointed.

And then I realized the guy has a release clause of 18mil. So, I buy him for 18mil. Pretty bad decision by Sporting not accepting 34mil and then losing the player for 18mil.

I found some great newgen at Sporting Lisbon, his value 14mil. I offered 25mil and they refused to even talk,disappointed with my offer. So, I offered 34mil and again they are disappointed.

And then I realized the guy has a release clause of 18mil. So, I buy him for 18mil. Pretty bad decision by Sporting not accepting 34mil and then losing the player for 18mil.

That sounds like a bug to me. If you could report the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/523-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

Cheers,

Ben