Football Manager 2016 - 16.2.0 Official feedback thread

I have a whole bunch of injuries. All but one of my center backs are injured, my two best midfielders are out and my two best strikers are out as well - back strains, twisted knees, torn groins, double & single hernias and a broken ankle. But this is not the problem.

I was thinking of bringing a few loan players for 3 months just to get me past this rather tough period - one for each chain, to be precise. I have currently a wage budget of 31,000 pounds a week and only using around 28,000 pounds - so, I have 3000 pounds plus. I was looking at a striker who was available on loan that had a wage of 750 pounds. Apparently, I could only offer 90% which was 675 pounds, the club wanted 100% and wouldn't budge. I found another player from another club that wanted 50% of the wage to loan him out, but I could only offer 40% - which was 450 pounds a week. I can't quite get my head around it...

Let's forget for a moment that I found a player (center back) that didn't require my club to pay any wages and he got injured for 7-9 weeks the day after I pressed continue...

What are the thoughts behind the weird wage problem, though?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And we KEEP telling you that nobody can tell you that, look at every previous year and you will see the same thing.

As soon as it's ready it's released, there IS NO "progress report" except FINISHED. :)

Yes and I was just saying that I think it's a wrong way to do it. I can understand you have no comment in jan, but tomorrow we have april and I think it would be good customer service to put out a short notice about how the work is going.

It's not normal when I ask in a store, "when is this comming to your store" that they say "we don't want to tell you goodbye"

But I can see we dont have, and never will have, the same point of view and leve it here :)

Yes and I was just saying that I think it's a wrong way to do it. I can understand you have no comment in jan, but tomorrow we have april and I think it would be good customer service to put out a short notice about how the work is going.

It's not normal when I ask in a store, "when is this comming to your store" that they say "we don't want to tell you goodbye"

But I can see we dont have, and never will have, the same point of view and leve it here :)

April is a long ways off.

the patch comes around the same time every year, If they put a date out and the patch wasnt ready they would get more complaints than what they get at the moment with the when its ready reasoning.

Had a little shock with the 'April' part and thought the year was really flying by!

He is actually right here to be fair though. SI could give a content update report without setting a release date - e.g. 'this is what we are looking at/changing...' and 'it should be within 4-6 weeks providing there are few issues' or something along those lines. It doesn't take very much, doesn't set an actually deadline and does a lot to stop a) these questions being asked and b) people having to constantly wonder about it.

Edit: They don't even need to give a date like I have said above necessarily, it's common practice for new patches to have info released prior to a release (or even a release date) and I don't really know why SI has to be any different in that regard. Especially given the previous couple of FMs have had fairly rocky starts before v2 and v3 patches have been released.

Can we stop this now? There IS a window. It's usually somewhere between the end of Feb and mid March. Every year it is like this. Each update is roughly the same time every year. That's the window. Some of the transfer windows JUST closed.

Be patient.

I keep reading how the game cannot differentiate between human and AI, but statistically that is just not true.

I am a stats man and have compiled comprehensive statistics over more than 40 saves that show there is a absolutely astonishing difference between the human and AI statistics, to the point of utter blatancy.

Lets take for example my last save where I managed Chelsea. I had games where my strikers Costa/Remy/Falcao in a 2 striker tactic could have over a dozen shots each including a string of open goals and easy tap ins and not manage to get on the score sheet, yet AI controlled strikers regularly manage 3 shots 3 goals even if those shots are from 25-30 yards out and they have a awful long shot attribute.

We also averaged just 2 successful penalties in every 10 taken, just look at the quality penalty takers in the Chelsea squad and again this shows a completely unreasonable extreme. Don't get me wrong I won every competition but the first CL in the two seasons I played, but this was largely due to a quantity of efforts rather than a players actual ability.

I accept that any singular result is acceptable as a one off to the point of losing 3-0 to 3 own goals when the AI have not had a single shot and I've had 50+ including 15 ccc's and a dozen half chances(this never happened i'm just saying) but the regular occurrence of bizarre results seems a phenomenon restricted almost entirely to the human manager again under the most ridiculous circumstances.

I just played a season as Bournemouth where in 19 away games I was not outplayed a single time and somehow finished the season with 3 wins 6 draws and 10 defeats and still finished 10th in the league.

Personally I would prefer a much more difficult game that provided realistic statistics via the Match Engine than the inexplicable situation we have right now.

It's very strange that more FM'ers have not posted their concerns on this issue.

Had a little shock with the 'April' part and thought the year was really flying by!

He is actually right here to be fair though. SI could give a content update report without setting a release date - e.g. 'this is what we are looking at/changing...' and 'it should be within 4-6 weeks providing there are few issues' or something along those lines. It doesn't take very much, doesn't set an actually deadline and does a lot to stop a) these questions being asked and b) people having to constantly wonder about it.

Edit: They don't even need to give a date like I have said above necessarily, it's common practice for new patches to have info released prior to a release (or even a release date) and I don't really know why SI has to be any different in that regard. Especially given the previous couple of FMs have had fairly rocky starts before v2 and v3 patches have been released.

Paul did this once a few years back, they were off by 3 days and he got a huge amount of abuse for it. Can tell you now, they won't be going down that route again I don't blame them. Hell two people have already been banned/infracted for abuse already and nothing's been announced!

It will be "out when it's out", and that's the best than can be offered.

I'm sick of goals in match engine where the ball is 1 meter from the goalkeeper and he stands still helplessly as the opposing player sprints from 16m box, gets the ball before GK and scores. Not to mention 70% of ALL goals are from crosses. I can't remember last time I saw an individual run that resultet in a goal (Messi or Kaka style...) :mad:

I'm sick of goals in match engine where the ball is 1 meter from the goalkeeper and he stands still helplessly as the opposing player sprints from 16m box, gets the ball before GK and scores. Not to mention 70% of ALL goals are from crosses. I can't remember last time I saw an individual run that resultet in a goal (Messi or Kaka style...) :mad:
I get the feeling that you're exaggerating for effect however if you have any examples of that exact scenario please provide a copy of the match pkm for SI to look at

I get the feeling that you're exaggerating for effect however if you have any examples of that exact scenario please provide a copy of the match pkm for SI to look at

Unfortunately he's certainly not exaggerating about the ratio of goals from crosses. I saw a similar percentage of goals from crosses in my save before I abandoned it due to the many issues with the ME at the moment.

And I've also seen quite a few instances where the goalkeeper has been the clear favourite to reach the ball first, only for him to inexplicably stop and let the forward score. It happened fairly often in my save, although it must be noted that I started in the Vanarama South, so the quality of goalkeeping is not great.

i would like mods to stop asking for pkm. go play game and trust me in 3 games u will see that 70%+ cross goals. or u are only mod and u never play this game. everyone who play this game see this broken cross thing. no drible move scores, there is no ppm round keeper moves, no loob keeper moves only cross thing goals or when keeper save someone just run on ball and tap it in. there are no dfk goals i got like 1 mby in 3 seasons :( u dont need saves for this just go play game. stop defending yourself and saying us that we are wrong when there is a problem.

i would like mods to stop asking for pkm. go play game and trust me in 3 games u will see that 70%+ cross goals. or u are only mod and u never play this game. everyone who play this game see this broken cross thing. no drible move scores, there is no ppm round keeper moves, no loob keeper moves only cross thing goals or when keeper save someone just run on ball and tap it in. there are no dfk goals i got like 1 mby in 3 seasons :( u dont need saves for this just go play game. stop defending yourself and saying us that we are wrong when there is a problem.

My crosses ratio is 29%, average in real life is around 40%,. If you don't post a pkm, they can't look at your specific save.

So of course Si will continue to ask for pkms, silly to expect otherwise.

The point is not everyone is seeing high levels of cross goals.

I could upload all three saves I've had on FM16 and none of them have the high levels of cross goals that you claim.

So you'd like them to stop suggesting that you provide the thing that can actually fix the issue you're complaining about? The bolded part is a bit of a wild swing, given that asking for a PKM would usually suggest they would like to look for an issue.

then u are using some other tactics thet dont work good in this game. at this poin all should know that 2 wb/a and wide mids/a cuting in is best for tactic. i dont say i dont win games just oposite i score a lot but as i say all goals there are from crosses. i wont play some tactic where i will have 20% cross rate and score nothing. it is just boring. i would like to see that drbile moves to go 1on1 on keeper and lob him, round him make him silli, would like to see dfk from time to time. sad to see 4-4-2 is best tactic in game when i rl is kinda difrent thing.

then u are using some other tactics thet dont work good in this game. at this poin all should know that 2 wb/a and wide mids/a cuting in is best for tactic. i dont say i dont win games just oposite i score a lot but as i say all goals there are from crosses. i wont play some tactic where i will have 20% cross rate and score nothing. it is just boring. i would like to see that drbile moves to go 1on1 on keeper and lob him, round him make him silli, would like to see dfk from time to time. sad to see 4-4-2 is best tactic in game when i rl is kinda difrent thing.

So you are choosing to use a tactic which intentially exploits a weakness in the ME and then complaining about it?

I don't even know where to begin with that but even so my tactics are all fairly balanced and I still don't see the high level of cross goals that you do either for or against my team.

So you are choosing to use a tactic which intentially exploits a weakness in the ME and then complaining about it?

I don't even know where to begin with that but even so my tactics are all fairly balanced and I still don't see the high level of cross goals that you do either for or against my team.

i am using tactic that can score and it is as u said weakness of ME. i would like to play other tactics and i am looking foward to it after me update becuse i hate 4-4-2. but at this point everyting else doesnt work good just becuase there are rly so low amount of goal tipes u can score. that is why i said that ppm like lob keepr, round keeper dont work. did u saw this in fm 2016 or 2015?

Is it just me or do English-born players absolutely refuse to take loans abroad? As Chelsea manager, I tried sending a few youngsters to Vitesse (who offered them first team football) and they all refused. As a test, I used an editor to give myself an affiliation to a more high profile club in Germany, where they'd be regulars in a team offering Champions League football, yet they still refused. I even edited the last team's reputation to the maximum as a final check, and maxed the players' adaptability ratings, but they still refused. Since I never get non-affiliate offers from foreign clubs to loan English players, can't say if it's just a glitch in the affiliate system - and I have noticed players generally seem to become more likely to refuse affiliate loans over time. I don't know if this is just a quirk of my game or what, but I'd be interested to know. Obviously it doesn't reflect reality if so - Chelsea have, I think, five English players on loan abroad, while the likes of Micah Richards, Joe Cole and Ashley Cole have all shown willingness to cross the oceans (albeit for 'permanent' moves).

i am using tactic that can score and it is as u said weakness of ME. i would like to play other tactics and i am looking foward to it after me update becuse i hate 4-4-2. but at this point everyting else doesnt work good just becuase there are rly so low amount of goal tipes u can score. that is why i said that ppm like lob keepr, round keeper dont work. did u saw this in fm 2016 or 2015?

My players round the keeper even without the PPM. It's not as detailed as you'd expect, but one touch to the left or right of the keeper or two touches left or right and then diagonal/forward before finishing. Maybe more can be done to show it clearer and I'm sure with the amount of animations added these days, it won't be too long.

"Other" tactics can do well still and they are. We have no idea what is or isn't included in the upcoming update, so it's going to be worth either trying to enjoy what you have or to ask for advice about setting up differently and still doing well. :thup:

Is it just me or do English-born players absolutely refuse to take loans abroad? As Chelsea manager, I tried sending a few youngsters to Vitesse (who offered them first team football) and they all refused. As a test, I used an editor to give myself an affiliation to a more high profile club in Germany, where they'd be regulars in a team offering Champions League football, yet they still refused. I even edited the last team's reputation to the maximum as a final check, and maxed the players' adaptability ratings, but they still refused. Since I never get non-affiliate offers from foreign clubs to loan English players, can't say if it's just a glitch in the affiliate system - and I have noticed players generally seem to become more likely to refuse affiliate loans over time. I don't know if this is just a quirk of my game or what, but I'd be interested to know. Obviously it doesn't reflect reality if so - Chelsea have, I think, five English players on loan abroad, while the likes of Micah Richards, Joe Cole and Ashley Cole have all shown willingness to cross the oceans (albeit for 'permanent' moves).

dont know how do u have this problem. i can send young players rly easy where do i want, even dont need too send them, all teams just send offers for young guys all the time. even sending them to america with ez.

My players round the keeper even without the PPM. It's not as detailed as you'd expect, but one touch to the left or right of the keeper or two touches left or right and then diagonal/forward before finishing. Maybe more can be done to show it clearer and I'm sure with the amount of animations added these days, it won't be too long.

yea i saw this taps and then score but didnt thought that was round keeper. would be nice if something can be done here to see it better. but u must admit u never saw lob keeper or even something close to it. even ovehead kicks work and u can see them from time to time.

yea i saw this taps and then score but didnt thought that was round keeper. would be nice if something can be done here to see it better. but u must admit u never saw lob keeper or even something close to it. even ovehead kicks work and u can see them from time to time.

I've seen the keeper being lobbed. I don't see the little dinks over a keeper when 1 v 1, but that's a minor issue as far as I'm concerned. It would be nice to see these little touches in more detail though.

I am very interested re: crosses as to:

1) What formations people are playing

2) What duty/role/PIs people are using at full or wing back

3) Who's actually getting on the end of the crosses

4) What duty/role/PIs people are using up front

5) What team and league they're using

©WBa plus a wide player attacking the opposite stick (W or WM attack duty) is all you need. Far post tap in goals galore ensues, especially if the players involved are any good. Add a physical central striker on support duty (pretty much any role) and he'll score a boatload of tap ins as well.

"Other" tactics can do well still and they are. We have no idea what is or isn't included in the upcoming update, so it's going to be worth either trying to enjoy what you have or to ask for advice about setting up differently and still doing well. :thup:

I am waiting to see whats on the update before I buy the full game because there are clearly issues with the match engine at the moment.

Also could anyone tell me if you can turn the crowd animations off in the full game, I have seen some youtube clips where the crowd is inaminate and others where they look like they are doing a 90 minute Mexican wave

Also could anyone tell me if you can turn the crowd animations off in the full game, I have seen some youtube clips where the crowd is inaminate and others where they look like they are doing a 90 minute Mexican wave

You can in Preferences.

10 things that still need to be done!

Hi,

I am listing these things that need to be addressed, some of which have been passed over for a number of years but are I believe are still important enough to merit fixing.

I have in the past reported some myself but I hope that people who agree with any of the 10 listed will supply PKMs/Posts to further lift their profile with the programmers.

I know that some of these may have been Under Review etc but that does not guarantee them being addressed and the more examples the better!

1) Keepers are still too slow to get up from the ground. Keepers reactions are specifically trained in this area.

2) Keepers diving at wide shots (2-3 yards is not uncommon) - obviously unrealistic. I have posted on this one this season.

3) Players running back past an opposing player who has possession of the ball. Of course in reality they would just tackle the opponent.

4) Players falling down before a tackle occurs. This is a simple collision detection problem I guess but looks ridiculous.

5) Too many deflections that go for a corner. Whilst many blocks by a defender would deflect over the by-line for a corner quite a few would go elsewhere (in another direction.)

6) Time wasting at at set pieces. Players standing prone for these amounts of time would simple be booked.

If you have to have time wasting then make the player move slower preparing for the set piece.

7) Another time one. Everybody standing around (again usually at set pieces) awaiting an invisible substitution to take place.

8) Players running back to collect a loose ball (and other occasions too) slowing down as though they are running in mud.

9) Players standing still after being tackled or making a pass whilst everybody else is continuing to play.

10) Well, it was too many off-sides but I think this may have been tweaked (although not enough.)

Obviously, the hierarchy of fixes starts with crashes etc but these longstanding bugs still need attention, after all the 3D match is the heart of the game and if

its not believable...

I'm very frustrated with crossing atm because I had the best defensive record in the league going into the final 4 games of the season and somehow conceded 13, 12 from deep crosses.

But then I only conceded 16 in my first 30 games (mid-table Swansea, lots of 0-0s), so it's not been a consistent problem for me. Just impossible to play against when the ai exploited it.

My main issue with offsides is that the game considers each one a highlight. On comprehensive I get to watch every single mistimed pass that my full-back received when sauntering back (almost) onside. It feels like they're a constant problem even when it's only 4 or 5 in 90 minutes.

Except the short corner offsides. They badly need fixing.

10 things that still need to be done!

Hi,

I am listing these things that need to be addressed, some of which have been passed over for a number of years but are I believe are still important enough to merit fixing.

I have in the past reported some myself but I hope that people who agree with any of the 10 listed will supply PKMs/Posts to further lift their profile with the programmers.

I know that some of these may have been Under Review etc but that does not guarantee them being addressed and the more examples the better!

1) Keepers are still too slow to get up from the ground. Keepers reactions are specifically trained in this area.

2) Keepers diving at wide shots (2-3 yards is not uncommon) - obviously unrealistic. I have posted on this one this season.

3) Players running back past an opposing player who has possession of the ball. Of course in reality they would just tackle the opponent.

4) Players falling down before a tackle occurs. This is a simple collision detection problem I guess but looks ridiculous.

5) Too many deflections that go for a corner. Whilst many blocks by a defender would deflect over the by-line for a corner quite a few would go elsewhere (in another direction.)

6) Time wasting at at set pieces. Players standing prone for these amounts of time would simple be booked.

If you have to have time wasting then make the player move slower preparing for the set piece.

7) Another time one. Everybody standing around (again usually at set pieces) awaiting an invisible substitution to take place.

8) Players running back to collect a loose ball (and other occasions too) slowing down as though they are running in mud.

9) Players standing still after being tackled or making a pass whilst everybody else is continuing to play.

10) Well, it was too many off-sides but I think this may have been tweaked (although not enough.)

Obviously, the hierarchy of fixes starts with crashes etc but these longstanding bugs still need attention, after all the 3D match is the heart of the game and if

its not believable...

Pretty sure I've raised each of them in various bug reports, hopefully they'll be addressed.

Same process as when you asked ahead of the 16.2 update, the first news will be to announce when the update goes live on Steam.

Please don't ask in the future as the answer will always be the same.

I am waiting to see whats on the update before I buy the full game because there are clearly issues with the match engine at the moment.

Good decision. The match engine is in a really poor state at the moment so I would definitely hold off on buying it until the numerous issues have been rectified and it's in a playable state.

I managed about 34 games before I finally abandoned it. The match engine is just so boring and repetitive. I was using a bog-standard 4-2-3-1 with wingers on attack, full-backs on support and no particular team instructions pertaining to crossing or wide play, and yet virtually every goal was identical. It got boring VERY quickly.

Shame, because we were in a play-off spot too, but I just couldn't stomach it anymore.

I hope the patch fixes it, and soon. I really do.

©WBa plus a wide player attacking the opposite stick (W or WM attack duty) is all you need. Far post tap in goals galore ensues, especially if the players involved are any good. Add a physical central striker on support duty (pretty much any role) and he'll score a boatload of tap ins as well.

In what league, though? I've found that I'm scoring quite a few goals from crosses, but I have fullbacks with very good crossing attributes crossing to probably the best RMD in the game. I can see how my experience would be atypical.

Good decision. The match engine is in a really poor state at the moment so I would definitely hold off on buying it until the numerous issues have been rectified and it's in a playable state.

I managed about 34 games before I finally abandoned it. The match engine is just so boring and repetitive. I was using a bog-standard 4-2-3-1 with wingers on attack, full-backs on support and no particular team instructions pertaining to crossing or wide play, and yet virtually every goal was identical. It got boring VERY quickly.

Shame, because we were in a play-off spot too, but I just couldn't stomach it anymore.

I hope the patch fixes it, and soon. I really do.

Same here :(

This may have been raised earlier in this thread, but SI's in-game definition of a "key pass" is very different to most statistic gathering companies. I can only presume it is (understandable) teething problems with the new, and very good, Prozone analysis feature.

I've managed both Arsenal and Anderlecht extensively on FM16 - as well as a few other teams - and found that my full-backs, usually camped within the opposition's half, tally up at least twelve "key passes" a game. Upon further analysis, at least ten of them are harmless passes square, into midfield, from around the opposition's penalty box. It isn't just full-backs either.

I may be wrong, but I believe this also contributes to the ridiculous match ratings full-backs receive. I presume "key passes" are a major value within the match rating algorithms.

dont whant to open new thread for this so i will post here. does International Champions Cup exist in football manager? i didnt see it in me game. if does how to get invited or how does that work? this was played this summer in usa all big teams where there.

dont whant to open new thread for this so i will post here. does International Champions Cup exist in football manager? i didnt see it in me game. if does how to get invited or how does that work? this was played this summer in usa all big teams where there.

It's a friendly tour in USA. You can organise such tour and call it International Champions Cup and invite similar clubs yourself in fixtures menu :D

It's a friendly tour in USA. You can organise such tour and call it International Champions Cup and invite similar clubs yourself in fixtures menu :D

u rly cant make this at this time. this summer u had man utd, chelsea, real, barca, milan, inter, roma, fiorentina, city, psg and some other teams there. there is no way to organize that big tour in football manager at this point.

Who know today released patch 16.3?
The only person who knows is Miles & even he will not have confirmed date set, it will be released when he & the team are happy with the changes.

It is. They all must be having tour in the same state as you, so you can organize tour with them. But it's possible. You can put a friendly a day during your touring date, eg from 26.6. to 8.7. You can't put them into groups only, iirc.

Plus, tours like this probably come with licensing issues, so.

Archived